There are so many good 9/11 WTC tributes out there that I couldn't choose just one. My hope today is that you will take time to watch at least one of these two if not both. And remember. Just remember. Where were you when you heard? What did you do? What did you think? What did you say?
It's an eerie thought to know that there are people in this world who want me dead... just because I'm an American. They can kill the body but never the soul and the soul is where my American heart resides.
May God continue to bless the USA and her friends.
WTC 9/11/2001 Tribute (2006) (Where were you?) - video powered by Metacafe
Eva,
ReplyDeleteYou are pretty cool. I'm glad you posted this. I can't understand this kind of hatred and I don't want to. Fear of where this type of action will take us is terrifying, even more so if you have an 18 year old son.
Elis
Amen....my son talks about the Air Force and I freeze in my tracks. On the one hand proud that he wants to help on the other still a mother. I'm with you Eva and Elis. God Bless you all today and every day.
ReplyDeleteSuzy was working at her home business in Florida when she first heard the news... I was in Arizona, just getting out of bed. Both of us were at first worried for the other. Even though we weren't flying that day, or in NYC... it felt as if ~everyone~ was at risk. Just didn't seem anywhere was safe. Once we spoke, our worry turned to other friends and family. Who did we know in NYC or DC? And who did we know that might be flying that day. At some point we just became numb. A shocked horror.
ReplyDeleteIt was a tragic day that would best be forgotten. But, of course, we can never do that. We do need to remember, no matter how painful it is. Just hard to believe 5 years ago so many people got up to go about their daily grind. Get to work, be on time, deal with this and that drama at work... did I kiss the kids... what should we do for dinner. And then, out of the clear blue be faced with the decision to either die in a 2000 degree fire, or to plunge 90 stories into a concrete ground. That hard working Americans were forced to make such a horrific decision, should not be forgotten.
A touching tribute. Thanks for sharing and remembering.
-Todd & Suzy
Thanks Eva,
ReplyDeleteMe reaction to your post is the same as to Elis' and I'm sorry but you will have to read my comments there. I don't have it in me to rewrite them and I refuse to cut and paste something that touches me so deeply and means so much to so many other people (not MY story, but all those who suffered and lost).
Big hugs on this memorable day,
Tiggr
Thanks Eva, those of us overseas do feel and understand.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
Eva, Thank you for the tribute music. Well chosen, D
ReplyDeleteElis~ I understand. I would have supported my girls if they'd chosen military but am so relieved that they did not. And yes, I know that's selfish because other people's kids are over there fighting for all of us. I hate that. I - like everyone else - dream of a world full of peace.
ReplyDeleteTheresa~ I hear ya. I don't know how the mom's who have kids over there are handling it. Just today on my way home from work I saw a huge ... and I mean HUGE professionally done banner across the porch of a house welcoming home a son from Iraq. It made me smile but at the same time... I feel for those who didn't get to buy a banner.
Todd and Suzy~ I think we can all relate to just wanting to be together but in some cases being separated by so many miles. My oldest child was 19 at the time and about 850 miles away at school. I came home and hugged the other two first then picked up the phone and called the oldest.
Tiggr~ I read it and thanks for sharing your thoughts!! For sure this is a day which unites us more than any other day in our year.
Paul~ Thank you for understanding. It's nice to know that we americans are not hated by everyone!!!
D~ You're welcome. There are so many good tributes out there. I spent quite a bit of time this weekend just going to video clip sites and searching for "wtc tribute" .. it's amazing what comes up!!