Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's Always Darkest Just Before the Dawn

As I type this morning, the sun is rising on a new day. I'm glad. Yesterday wasn't so hot. Today will be better hopefully. Adam is meeting me, our three girls and son in law for breakfast at our local Denny's this morning. That will be nice. We don't get to do that often since two of our kids live out of state. I'm looking forward to that here in another hour.

And I do feel better than last night's rant would indicate. I just miss him. That's all. It's not that I mind sharing him. That's not it at all. It's that the rest of the world right now is refusing to share him with ME. Truthfully, they don't even know who I am. That's the way I want it. Some have asked him if he's even married. And in those rare moments when I do happen to be around they just look at me like I'm in the way and will blow by me to get to him not knowing or caring that he and I were trying to communicate for a brief moment. But they don't know. And at that moment their need is all that matters. At least to them.

Tomorrow the dust will begin to settle a bit. I do believe he's actually planning on spending the evening at home... just the two of us. I hope we can reconnect quickly, easily.

We'll see.

Anyhow, I just thought I should let all you wonderful friends know that I'm okay. Today is brighter. It couldn't possibly be much darker than yesterday was. Or could it? Geeze, I hope not. I will do my part to make it better.

Thanks for being such good friends.

12 comments:

  1. Morning Eva,

    I am sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. I worked on the road for five years and only saw Diane on the weekends. It was a hard time in our life. Did you know that Diane has diabetes also?

    I hope he returns soon to give you the spankings you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday evening. If he doesn't seem inclined go where you need to be then you need to read my post for tomorrow! The theme being DO NOT WITHHOLD FROM YOU HUSBAND WHAT HE NEEDS TO KNOW!! Even if he should already know it without you having to tell him. After all you promised, no towel throwing!

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are feeling better. I can identify with how you feel though. My sweetie lives 5 hours away, and we never, I mean never see each other. I want to scream sometimes. He has his aging mom to care for, and my son's a senior...so it can't be helped. But I still want to scream sometimes. I hope it gets better for you soon.

    Hugs from a strange girl on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray for you!!! Take whatever you can get!! Enjoy your time with you kids. any small break from the away helps a lot! Mine took my two oldest ones today for a "4 hour" adventure. They left at 7:30 this morning and are still gone and it is almost 3pm. I'm bummed, but he got called for work and just took them with them. I am having some sadistic joy thinking about him managing a 4 and 7 year old at work! :-) I wonder if that is a spankable offense?

    Take care! We're here thinking about you and to help you through!

    Caryagal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eva,
    Oh, poor thing ! I am so sorry you miss Adam like that ! It does sound terribly hard, and being patient just isn't fun after a while !

    Sharing someone can suck when you only get specks of them -- imagine what a pro athlete's wife goes through, or a movie star's -- OUCH !

    You posted a beautiful photo this morning, and I truly hope the weekend gets better, and you guys have a good meal with the family all together.
    And then get to have love and alone time with the man you love.

    Sincerely,
    Anne Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva,

    There's really only one way to fix this situation, and hopefully, it's coming soon.

    Thinking positive!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time Eva, nothing lasts forever, even if it feels like it.
    Have a good week-end dear Eva.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brian~ Yes, I knew about Diane. I'm type II and take meds for it. No biggie, I suppose. Well it is if I don't watch it but ... anyhow, the worst is over. He's back on normal schedule as of NOW. Yeah.

    Elis~ I promise. No towel throwing. You? You better promise too!! And I can't wait to read your post tomorrow. We have a busy day tomorrow but at least we'll get some alone time.

    Theresa~ I don't know how people stand it!! After all these years he's a part of me.

    Caryagal~ Spankable offense? Well it sounds as though it could be if you wanted it to be. LOL

    Anne Elizabeth~ I've thought about that a lot lately.... It's got to suck to be married to someone famous.

    Bonnie~ You are very right. I know this. I've never felt so darn needy and greedy in all my life. Tomorrow night is my night. I can't wait!

    Paul~ yes... it will be a wonderful day tomorrow!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's always electrickery in the mean time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sky~ Yes indeed, there is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray! The start of a new day!

    I just love it when that happens and it reminds me of a song, ya'll might have heard it before.

    The sun will come out, tomorrow, betcha bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun! Just thinking about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow...til there's NONE! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I LOVE ya, tomorrow, you'er only a DAYYYYYYY AAAAAAA-WAAAYYYYYYY!!!

    Thank-you, I'll be here all day ladies and gentlemen!

    Here's to a great evening with your husband. You might want to get the crop out and warm it up a bit. You know, swing it around, listen to the swish in the air, you know, just to get the cobwebs off.

    Oh, but wait til the kids are gone, of course.

    HUGS!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace~ You're song made me smile. When my kids were small that was the very first VHS video we bought them... Annie. I love that movie even though I've seen it at least (no kidding) a hundred times. We just got home from the airport. Everyone's gone. Adam's so tired though he asked me to drive (we're an hour from the airport) home. He never asks that of me. He might let me if I offer but he never asks. He's so tired. I'm not pushing him tonight. Soon though. VERY soon. I'm just thrilled to have him home with me at the moment!

    ReplyDelete