My friend SNN aka Ann aka Nancy posted earlier this week. I was thrilled because we've hardly heard from her since her cruise. But then my heart fell when I realized she was saying adios to her Spanko Diary. It soared again when I realized that she's starting a whole new blog.I couldn't help but think about her reason for starting a new blog when she already had a perfectly good, enjoyable OLD blog that I love. She said that she doesn't want to have to deal with the continual aspect of spanking so this new blog will give her a place to talk and muse and rant about whatever crosses her mind without the pressure of always blogging about spanking. It's going to include some spanking talk still as I understand the situation, but mostly it appears that she is simply starting fresh in more ways than one.
Anyhow....
This got me thinking about my own blog. I like to think of it as a spanking blog but quite frankly sometimes that's just not the topic on my mind. I try to not whine or complain much although I have had my moments. I like - for the most part - to keep it upbeat and happy. But always about spanking? Hmmmm... that's a big order to fill.
Yes, I know the title has the word spanking in it. And yes, I am a spanko to the very core of my being but I just can't always talk about it. Oh, I could but there are times when it would just be a repeat of the same old thing I've already blogged about. Sometimes there's just nothing new on my spanko horizon.
I guess this is my official disclaimer that even though I have the word spanking in the title, I reserve the right to not ALWAYS talk about spanking. Sometimes I like to talk about other things... like sex... and family... and work... and friends... And there for a while I renamed my blog from Nothing Random About a Spanking to just Nothing Random but then I went back to Nothing Random About a Spanking.
I have to wonder... did you even notice when I made those title changes? Did it even matter? I would imagine that it didn't make a bit of difference to my friends and regular readers. I'm glad you all are here. And I'm glad you've stuck around even on the non-spanking days.
I guess my point is to tell Nancy that it doesn't matter where she goes or what she names her blog her friends are going to follow her and not really care what the topic is so long as there's a topic now and then. I love you Nancy no matter what you call yourself... or your blog. I am excited though about your new blog because it's going to be fun to see what path it takes... twists and turns and all!!
In the meantime as much as I have thought about doing exactly what Nancy has done, I think I will just stay right here. After all my good buddy CeeCi worked her tush off creating and tweaking this awesome template. I've only changed one thing. Did you notice? You can bet your sweet patoot that CeeCi will notice... and say something. LOL Sorry CeeCi, I was experimenting and liked it.
Stick with me though, huh? I love knowing that you are out there reading... even if you've never even left a comment but I especially love knowing that you keep coming back even when I'm struggling for spanking material. I see you in my stats. Don't panic. Stats don't give enough info to ever know WHO you are. I only know you as "Huntsville, Alabama AOL.com" or "Scottsdale Arizona ATT.net." Okay to be honest, I pretty much fudged those because I don't want anyone scared away, but you get the idea.
Anyhow..... Go visit Nancy and tell her I sent you. You'll be glad you did!
You blog about whatever you want to, girlfriend, and I'll read it (but no more laundry posts, ok?)! Truthfully, I don't know how Bonnie stays on topic every single day. But since she does, it takes the pressure off of us a bit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip about Nancy's new blog. She posted a comment on mine today but I didn't realize she's moved. I need to fire up my blogroller and get her added. Woohoo! A brand new blog to explore!
::anxiously waiting to see what you'll post next::: SuZQ
I agree twin. I guess I started out as a spanking blogger and I love writing about spanking but like most of us I write about my live, my thoughts, whatever I come up with and for whatever reason people keep coming back. You know I will always read anything you write. Even the math problems, I'll ignore them, but I'll read them!
ReplyDeletelove ya,
PK
Hi, Eva,
ReplyDeleteI broke the "spanking topic" theme the 5th day after I opened my blog LOL and have done it again since then, too! So blog away with anything you wish and we'll still come visit!
Huggs,
Reesa
SuzQ~ Hey now! In all fairness, I'm not the laundry poster. That would be Grace who I am starting to seriously MISS!!
ReplyDeleteElis~ Ignore math? How could you?
Reesa~ I'd hate to even count how many times I've gone off topic, but hey, I do have A.D.D. after all. It's hard to stay focused if you're me. LOL
Hugs~
Eva
I was happy to see Nancy's new blog. I can totally relate. It's the major reason I started my new blog, padme's devotions actually. I was feeling like Journey was a spanking blog and I felt a urge to keep it on topic. I wanted sometimes to just blog about anything so I started my new blog which I love now. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, Eva...I should try to comment more as I am a lurker mostly.
BIG HUGS
padme
Eva,
ReplyDeleteGreat post and I agree, blog about whateer you feel like at the time. It's your blog and your thoughts so you reserve and have the right to do whatever you want and never feel otherwise! Thanks for the tip about Nancy; I'm going to check her out right now!
xoxo,
Kate
Just my two cents, but it's yours to do with as you please. Your space. Unless you're trying to make money by selling a product to your 'customers', their needs and wants come second to yours.
ReplyDeleteThe faithful will remain because what you have to say touches them. And those are the 'hits' you really want anyway, isn't it?
Now, playing the devil's advocate, (which Cindy will tell you I do oh so well) if your spanking content starts to drop below 50% than perhaps it's time for a name change. But don't lose everything you've done so far.
Dave
We love YOU... sweetie... not just the thought of you getting spanked (though that's surely nice, too). We may all be spankos, but we are all friends first and foremost, and we all have other issues and interests... we are NOT one-dimensional, thank the heavens... that would get really boring, really fast.
ReplyDeleteWrite whatever you want... I'll always be here to gobble it up!
Hugs!
Tiggs
Hi Eva,
ReplyDeleteI'm real new to a lot of these blogs, and I find as I read them that I like the 'everyday' bits as much as the spanking aspects of the blogger. Spanking is just one part of all of us ... though it may be a bigger part in some than in others!
It's your space, write what's inside you and those who come because 'you' are important will enjoy that. Those looking for just spanking will find what they're looking for too - but you, my dear, will be fulfilling yourself. That's what matters most!
Hugs!
Cindy
Your header shrank....I like it!
ReplyDeleteI've wrestled with this one more than anyone knows, okay a couple of people know. It's hard to stay on topic when: a) You write about topic only when it happens and that's not often. b) You've only been practicing topic for a little over a year. c) There are many other things vying for your attention and you get bored only writing about the topic.
Now about the word "spanking" according to my Oxford American Dictionary:: spanking adv. (informal) excellently, strikingly, "a spanking, fine horse." So, with that definition the following sentence is correct It's a spanking, fine Blog! No title change is necessary, spanking, it's not just for butts anymore!
Write what makes you happy.
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
I kinda forgot to tell you something...I'VE TAGGED YOU!
ReplyDelete**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Padme~ Thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDeleteKatie~ That's pretty much how I see it, too.
Dave~ I agree, that's why I've gone back and forth with the name.
Tiggr~ Thanks and you are so right. One dimensional... heck even two dimensional gets boring!!
Cindy~ Thanks!! And I know you are right cuz when I visit other blogs I really don't care what they've written about. I ain't in this for the readers (although that's fun too). I'm in it for the friendships.
CeeCi~ I knew you'd notice. LOL Spanking is not just for butts? ROFL And I will gratefully fulfill your tag very soon!
Hugs~
Eva
The way I see mine is a blog belonging to a spanko, not neccessarily a spanko blog make sense? Anyway we are multi dimensional people. Spanking is a part of my core, but I have other parts too!
ReplyDeleteOk fess up what did you change on the template? I can't tell.
Hugs
Theresa
Eva, that's exactly what I said to Nancy in my first comment,
ReplyDeleteAlmost anything you write is ineresting, I'm with PK about math problems.
My friends everyday lives are interesting, spanking is part of our everyday life.
Anyway Eva carry on the way you are, I'll stick around for a while.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Blogger's being a little bitchy today! So, in a nutshell:
ReplyDeleteI like your blog, no matter what you post about (except math and then my eyes glaze over). I like hearing about you and your other goings on too! Keep it up. *g*
~hugs
Hello....remember me?
ReplyDelete*waves to the room with a tired grin*
Notice I don't have spanking in my title? For a while I didn't even have it in my description of me. I didn't want the pressure of writing just about spanking. But then I realized, I can write whatever I want. If people don't want to read they can just click to the next blog.
So I say, WRITE on girl friend.
I'll still be reading!
HUGS!
Grace
Eva,
ReplyDeleteEveryone is just so encouraging. This is a terrific community of spankos we have here! So you be just who you are and we will stop be whenever we can.
Thank you for the kind words about my blog. You have been a true friend and I greatly appreciate YOU!
Love,
Nancy
Just about every spanking blog strays away from spanking. Talking about how stress from work impacts spanking interesting... or how kids impact privacy, or health, travel, etc-etc... inevitably we're drawn into a spankos life. So, when they post about something that doesn't even refer to actual spanking... it's hard to notice.
ReplyDeleteWould be shocked if anyone felt differently.
:)
~Todd & Suzy
Eva,
ReplyDeleteAs you might imagine, I wrestle with this question on a regular basis. The choice I made was not the easy one to be sure. But I decided early on that MBS would be mostly about spanking, and so it is. There will undoubtedly come a day when I choose to do something different. But for now, at least, it's all spanko all the time.
With that said, I have no expectation that anyone else would want to follow this path. Why should you? No one knows better than me that there is a whole world of wonderful topics for blog posts. I envy CeeCi and her broad range of lovely subject matter.
I considered starting another blog like SNN or Padme, but I barely have the time and energy to manage the one I have. I'm not ready to drop MBS or change it into something else. So onward I slog. It's a good thing I love my favorite subject and think about it constantly!
I think you should name your blog as you like and write what you want (in other words, do as I say, not as I do!) LOL
Seriously, I'll read your posts regardless. Just be you.
Hugs,
Bonnie
Theresa~ I like how you describe your blog. I agree. And what did I change? Read the first line of Ceeci's comment. LOL
ReplyDeletePaul~ I do hope you stick around for more than just a while!!!
Maggie~ Okay, okay. I'll keep the math to a minimum. I just do that to drive Elis nuts anyhow. LOL
Grace~ Oh Grace... it's sooooo good to hear from you!! And I love knowing you'll keep right on reading.... I've missed you so much!! I mean I've been getting blamed for everything around here... I even got blamed for writing about the laundry... and that was YOU!! Anyhow, I hope you continue to get stronger each day.
Nancy~ I so appreciate you and all that you stand for!! Keep on keepin' on my friend!! We're gonna make it after all!!! (doesn't that just make you want to sing?)
Todd & Suzy~ I agree. I don't care what my friends write about. I'll read it. Heck, I might even comment if I have something worth saying (or teasing them about) LOL
Bonnie~ Thanks for your wise words. But you know, I gotta say it... if you ever cut loose writing about what ever crosses that mind of yours, I am willing to bet that we'd spend even more time on the floor laughing!! You're our rock in this spanking world. Thanks for being you.
Hugs~
Eva
Mine started out as a BDSM blog and what not. Touching on spanking and different aspects but really it's more like a movie review and rants and all that type of things. So yeah it's more then just a BDSM blog.
ReplyDeleteI do more then BDSM lol.
Hi Aaron. I don't believe we've met. Glad you stopped by and spoke up!!
ReplyDeleteEva