Have I claimed to be intelligent?No. I don't believe that I have.
Oh, sure. I can do some math but that's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the good old common sense stuff that helps one refrain from placing one's foot in one's mouth.
Like my friend Cassie, who recently tried to tell Tom a thing or two, I wonder sometimes if I'll ever learn when to keep quiet.
Adam's job....He loves it.
I love that he loves it.
I like the people who works with. They are good people. The problem is that I'm a homebody who doesn't care all that much for socializing. His job however requires our presence at staff family get togethers every three months. I don't like them... not the people. The get togethers. I don't like the get togethers.
Why? Because I just don't. I don't fit in with the other spouses very well. And I just don't see this need to drag spouses into this every three month bonding experience. I understand the idea behind it. Camaraderie amongst coworkers is an awesome thing. Why though is it being forced upon the spouses who only see each other at these get togethers that really have nothing to do with any of us.
Once a year would be plenty.
So anyhow Adam knows I do not at all want to go to the event scheduled for this Friday evening. In fact I haven't yet even said I will go. I see no need. I see no point. I just don't want to. Period.
Okay so I know it means something to him. I understand that but can't we find something ~ anything ~ else to show him that he means the world to me. Do I have to do something which takes me way out of my comfort zone and makes me feel like I have 3 boobs, 5 eyes and a huge nose that everyone is glaring at. I hate it. Hate hate hate it.
This morning he ~ my wonderful Adam ~ says to me, "If you will go with me Friday night, I will give you the best spanking ever when we get home."
I do appreciate the thought. I do. HOWEVER.....

However....I think I'd rather watch grass grow.
My response to him was not all that common sensical. (Is that a word?)
Wanna hear what I said?
I'm warning you, it wasn't all that bright of me.
Are you SURE you want to hear it?
Okay, but I warned you....
I said to Adam, "Oh, goody. I get to be tortured twice in one night."
Now, I ask you, just WHAT was I thinking?
Something tells me that yes indeed, I will be "tortured" twice in the same evening and something also tells me it won't be from watching grass grow.
I'll endure the first round of torture if it means he will hold to his word when we get home.
And if he doesn't?
Hmmm.....
I don't think I have to worry about that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Foot in mouth image lifted from http://enterthelaughter.com/insert-foot-in-mouth.png
And the cute little squirrel came from http://thinklab.typepad.com
Trust me, it's not so bad having 3 boobs, 5 eyes, and a huge nose.....
ReplyDeleteJust ask Elis...LOL, JUST KIDDING! Get that PK look off your face right now. You deserved it. Saying I wasn't a pervert...sheez!
Seriously, I know how you feel. Lucky for me I only have to DO that once a year, unfortunatly it's for the Christmas party. It's Semi formal, and it's at the country club. These people sit around talking about their ranches, the yachts, their ski vacations in the Swiss Alps. All the while I'm thinking about how much top ramen and mac and cheese I have left in the cabinet, and if I have enough gas to get me through the week. ~sigh~
At least you'll be getting a good spanking....Right Adam?
I have an idea, think about the spanking while at the get together. Think about the others that need a spanking. Or, you could just think about your Twin with the PK face...that is ALWAYS good for a smile!
Your welcome!
HUGS!
grace
Husbands do things for their wives they dont always want to do. If it means alot to your husband that you are there, I think that would mean more than you know to your husband. I have attended lots of events at my wifes workplace, not always wanted to, but did it because my wife wanted me there. He probably would fall over if you said you would go and not fight him about it. plus he might need support from you in ways he is not getting that he needs. Oh yes, he is is getting fustrated and I can say for sure theres a not so erotic spanking coming on. Getting fustrated.
ReplyDeleteLOL I used to attend such gatherings with my husband. I never said no, because of the "support" issue; instead I played a game. I got dressed as nice as I could... then drank beer from a can. I always felt there was something a little sordid about that! *grin*
ReplyDeleteI don't like get togethers either. I think it is a northern thing. I had to do it with Michael's dad in Michigan. We don't do it here in Georgia, we have work get togethers at work with just ourselves. Move Eva, there's no snow here.
ReplyDeleteI happen to like watching grass grow, I watch it from inside my house through the window in a t shirt.
Can't you and Adam go and leave early with wicked evil grins on your faces, making everyone know what you have planned once home!
Hugs
Theresa
Oh, Adam commented! Okay, Adam I hear your point.
ReplyDeleteEva, I hear you loud and clear. I hate the social events. My spouse always separated work from personal and then we were assigned to another state. I had to endure countless dinners and socials. AGONY! I managed to stop attending for one silly reason or another.
Now we are back in the original location and have thus far managed to avoid events but I'm getting crazed about an upcoming holiday event. My gal pals want me to attend. I hate dressing up. I'm uncomfortable and I always feel like I have nothing to say.
Now I'm wondering if a certain someone dangled the spanking carrot...hmmmm. Something to ponder.
Have a great day!
Debbie
Oh my goodness, I just felt the heavens move... or were those the butterflies in Eva's belly that just got unleashed???
ReplyDeleteAdam? You still there? Hi, old buddy, old pal... feel like I know you already from all that your dearest, darling, ever-lovingly devoted wife says about you... just remember how much she loves you, OK? And how much she wishes you would really make her tear up... from love, always from love!
Love and hugs to both of you... Eva that snippy little tone of yours may earn you an honorary bratpack membership yet!
Tiggs
Uh oh, I don't like the sound of Adam getting frustrated!
ReplyDeleteBut, he has a point! A very valid point.
Sorry Eva, but I think you need to get your 3 boobs and 5 eyes and big nose to the event.
You do for him and he does for you. It's really only fair.
HUGS
grace
It will be over before you know it. Once home rip off the girlie dress and put on the Tee!
ReplyDeleteEmail us on your way out the door, we can be sending support vibes all night. Or give me the number to the place and I will get you out early! hehehe!
Hugs
Theresa
Grace~ Well aren't you in a feisty mood today? ROFL
ReplyDeleteAdam???? Is that really you?? Cuz if it is, I have just one thing to say... "rut roh"
Snow~ Fortunately I don't have to dress in anything more than jeans and a sweater. Unfortunately there'll be no beer. Kidding, I don't drink but it is definitely a dry event. I do like the way you think though.
Theresa~ Oh sure. Move to Georgia. No snow there but when you get hit with ice storms you have maniacs on the road who don't understand that they can't slam on the breaks. I've seen you southerners at moments like that in the news. It's great entertainment for those of us who do know how to drive.
Debbie~ So you'd go for a spanking? You're selling out too fast, if you ask me!!! ROFL Thanks for speaking up!! Nice to hear from you!
Tiggr~ Honorary? I'll take it. LOL
Grace~ Who's side are you on? Er.. I mean thanks for stopping by and voicing your opinion. I'll give it consideration.
Theresa~ There will be no girlie dress!!!! Are you kidding me? And Support Vibes? Do you KNOW what I'm thinking??
Eva, I hate funerals, always have.
ReplyDeleteBecause I was a high mucker t muck in an organisation that I've been in most of my life, I've been to hundreds, I always came away nearly blind with a headache.
Do it for Adam because you love him, after all it's only four time a year, how bad can that be.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
I say go for two times the torture, for your man of course. Just think how much better the second round will be. *g*
ReplyDeleteEvaaaa...they close the schools in Georgia for snow and ice storms. They never close the hospitals, they send plows to pick the nurse's up. You can stay home in your T shirt. There will be no school to go to! There will be no southern drivers for you to deal with....I promise. Come on down.
ReplyDeleteI don't KNOW what you are thinking...tell me!
Hugs
Theresa
Paul~ I'm hearing you. I've told Adam I'll go. Doesn't mean I'll like it. Actually he told me that in some ways he doesn't want to go either.
ReplyDeleteMD~ What I'm afraid of is that we'll come home exhausted and there won't be a round 2!!!
Theresa~ I'm thinking ... no never mind. I just can't say it!!!
Well I know what you are thinking. Keep your phone on vibrate and I'll give you a call while you're mind blogging!
ReplyDeleteAm I the only one here who does not think this is Eva's Adam?
Theresa is rght about staying home when is snows and you can drive in snow better than we can. But ice, a big ice storm can you really drive in that??
PK
Ummm... PK... that was really Adam. I asked him. He had no problem admitting it. We talked over dinner. He was afraid I'd be upset with him for commenting like that. I'm not. I'm more upset with me right now than anything.
ReplyDeleteOkay about this snow and ice... yes, ice is tricky to drive on but we've been forced to on a number of occasions. I only do it when necessary. Typically it's best to wait till the salt trucks.. the what? the salt trucks have been out. You know... those big dump trucks that spread salt on the roads? We have them in abundance in the north.
Snow? Ice?
ReplyDeleteYou people need to move to California. No ice, no snow, no muss, no fuss!
As a matter of fact, I don't even own a winter coat. Wind breaker works fine for those REALLY cold days....like when it gets in the 60, ewwwww and they are totally telling me tomorrow will be in the 60's. ~sigh~
HUGS!
grace
Grace~ As much as I wish our climate was warmer, our whole life is here... buried somewhere in the snow and ice.
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva