Wednesday, November 1, 2006

A Rant and The Weather



Have you read Elis' Rant? If you haven't read it yet, go read it, then come back. I've read it three times and each time I've heard her voice a little bit louder than the time before.

And now it's my turn to do a bit of ranting myself.

I think I'm part of the cause of her rant. Why would I think that? Well cuz she told me so. Even if she hadn't told me, I would have known that I was at least partly responsible for her inspiration by the things she said in it.

Before you get your shorts in a knot, NO Elis did NOT get any sort of nasty gram from me via email. What she got was an email of concern. It contained my own doubts of "what would happen if I was found out?" She was ranting for me. She was angry for me. And I love her for it so don't think I caused it in a bad way. It wasn't like that at all.

But I get this way sometimes... paranoid. Worried. Scared. And then I start feeling as though it's just a matter of time before someone finds out and causes me grief.

I feel kind of bad though cuz some of you out there thought Elis had received a not so nice email. And I feel bad because she got so angry. Oh, no... not at me. She is angry at the society in general who would laugh at us... who would fire us from our jobs...who would do God knows what else. Again, she was ranting FOR me.

And I feel her anguish. I fear my superiors would assume that if I like spanking then I must therefore condone it when it comes to children and gee, maybe they better get me out of the classroom before I spank one of them and the school ends up with a law suit. Hopefully that would not be the case. And actually I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't be because we have a teacher who is known for practicing BDSM. And you know what I say to that?

"You go, girlfriend. Have a darn good time."

Yes, it's a fear. It's a very real fear. Would they see the parallel reasoning and logic behind this:
  • I used to smoke but never lit up in the classroom.
  • I have a sex life as do they but would never have sex in the classroom.
Would they see that what I do in my private life is just that? Private.

Would they see that freedom of speech means I have every right to this blog and my friends here? I mean think about it. Most things I talk about here would be fine to talk about - no not in a classroom - but anywhere in my PRIVATE life. Is it private when I am publishing it here where the whole world can read it? Yes, and no I suppose. But it's mine. I have my right to free speech. Or at least I should. I think I do. Maybe I don't.

I dunno.

I honestly like my bosses. They are great people. You would never catch me saying one bad thing about any of them. No, they aren't perfect. Far from it. We've all heard though of cases where the boss finds out there's a blog and the next thing you know that employee get the axe, the pink slip, the ol' heave-ho. Am I the only one to fear this now and then?

I'm ranting and rambling.

I like to be spanked. I like to talk about my sex life with like minded folks. So what? So freakin' what? I don't advertise the spanking part anymore than I advertise the sex part openly to just anyone because that's not appropriate. But here? It IS appropriate. Like Elis said, if you weren't interested in what I have to say you would not have read this far.

I'm married.

We have sex.

He spanks me.

It's consensual.

I have online buddies who I enjoy talking to about these sorts of things. If anyone out there doesn't like that they don't have to read my blog. I don't read blogs about golfing. Yawn. I don't read blogs about politics. Bigger yawn. It's a right to NOT read just as much as it's a right to write.

I only read my like minded fellow bloggers. If you are reading this to catch someone in what you think is something perverse, why don't you go find something better to do? We're happy here. Anyone is welcome here. But don't change me. Don't condemn me. If you can't enjoy my blog, that's OKAY but allow me to live my life peacefully.

Back to Elis... not to pat myself on the back cuz I for sure am no one special, but as she listened to my email fears I did not realize that I was placing a fear in her. I did not mean to do that and I'm sorry but you know what? Her fear feels really really good because do you know what she said she was afraid of? She was afraid that I was about to up and disappear. Can you believe that? If I didn't feel bad for making her feel that way, I'd probably be amused.

I told her that I would have trouble doing that because she has too many email addresses for me amongst other things. And I'm like her, this has improved my marriage immensely and it's a lot cheaper than counseling. So be it.

I'm okay.....

And so are you.....

Now, onto something a bit different... did you happen to catch this post of Grace's? I decided to try it myself.

I'm lightening.

Say what??

Yup. I'm lightening.

I'm okay with that except for the random violence part. Excuse me?

Me?

Violent?

Are you kidding me?

Anyhow......



You Are Lightning

Beautiful yet dangerous
People will stop and watch you when you appear
Even though you're capable of random violence

You are best known for: your power

Your dominant state: performing

11 comments:

  1. Understand what you're saying about a fear of being found out. You do wonder what would happen... and, it's not fair. This is consensual and hurts no one (well, you know what we mean... lol).

    There was a time when living with someone was a big massive deal though. Could certainly have ruined a career. That did pass though... so who knows what the future holds.

    As it is, if it ever comes up... just DENY. Would be pretty hard to prove!

    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the rant was indeed fueled by fear, the fear of losing a friend was much greater then the fear of being outted. I didn't wait until I was nearly 50 to make such good friends and I am not letting any of you get away without a fight. And I'm certainly not going to lose a twin.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random violence unleashed on anonymous, faceless "victims" in cyberspace who dare to judge us just because they don't like or understand our "kink"?

    Yeah, I could see you doing that, Eva, if rants like this one could equate to "random violence"... you do it very well!

    "It's a right to NOT read just as much as it's a right to write."

    Bravo and Amen and thank the spanking paddles!

    But we really should have a million spanko march on-blog, doncha think? That way our identities would be safe but we could still add our two cents into the mix!

    Oh, yeah... I'm a lightning, too... now I know why you and me and Elis get along so well! And Theresa and Lily, too, of course!

    Love ya, babe,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh eva, I know that fear, and reacting to it by wanting to close down your blog. I think about that at least once/week. And now I'm also afraid of outing J, so it's getting worse.

    People should save their scorn for child predators and other sickos on the net, and leave us healthy, loving couples who happen to desire spankings alone!

    *hugs*

    Suzy

    Oh... and on the weather thing, I'm rain. That's ok.. I'll just sit over here in my corner by myself. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Suz, I'm sun, so I'll sit with you and we can cancel each other out! LOL

    Oh Eva, what can I say? I can't say anything for you've said it all!

    Bottom line is this, if your being careful, they shouldn't be able to find you too easily. If they happen to stumble upon your blog and make the connection that it's you, well, they I want to know how they found you??? What was the word they typed into the search engine? Why did they type that word in? Maybe they are closet spankers also.

    So, no worries...OK??

    HUGS
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my country people would only grin if they knew this of their friends or workers. There is only one taboo:People eager for sex with children. Having this on your computer is illegal and will cost you your job. But involved in spanking. No nether that's a private affair.
    Just reading a study which says in the United States about 10% of the population is involved in D& S activities. You can start a political party. So what's your problem?
    Fear, and yes this fear is real and you feel uncomfortable. But I wonder if this problem really exists. Did you read in the papers about people fired for this ? Maybe a politician who had to go but others in a regular position ?
    And vanilla friends aren't friends when they feel disgusted. You however have to respect that they don't share your feelings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh SuzQ I wanted to be rain. But I was snow and people get sick of me. That made me want to commit random acts of violence!

    I know your fear Eva. Some days I work myself into a paranoia fit!

    But the worst part of being found out would be if we had to give up each other!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva, It is a difficult thing to be *different*. But I'll bet you that each and every person you run across in your day to day life, has some hiddin *something*. They're just not going to admit it. Maybe because they're uncomfortable with it. They can't look at themselves in the mirror and be okay with whatever flips their cookie.

    And the part about someone tracking you down here, what Grace said. Exactly how did they find you "here"?

    The million spanko march (on-blog) would be a great idea. I'm no good whatsoever at graphics, but a button or logo or something would be nice.

    I really don't have a lot of room to be talking here, with my situation and all, but that doesn't stop my concern also for being found out.

    *Hugs* Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eva, your fear is quite understandable, hopefully it will never happen.
    Mel and I lived with this fear all of our lives, we weren't paranoid, but when we had visitors we made sure nothing was laying around.
    We had a set of reasons for the wince, if Mel was sitting sensitive, she habitually sat on a cushion at my feet, she liked to do this, we could touch each other easily this way. All sorts of things we did differently. Mostly nobody questioned, if family did we didn't talk about Dom and sub, just, that's how we live. Still it would have been nice to live the lifestyle openly.
    As always an interesting and thoughtful post.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lightning Eva,
    it is a real and legitimate fear. I bet most of us share it...

    And how people on the outside perceive it -- I don't even want to imagine.
    None of their business. Hopefully ever.

    Where you visit, who you read is always a choice.
    That's what's fun about your hands touching the keyboard -- it's all up to you where you go !

    Cyber-Hugs/Sincerely,
    Anne Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Todd and Suzy~ Wouldn't that be cool if the future held good things for as so that we didn't have to hide?

    Elis~ Remember, if you lose me then that means I lose you. No way.

    Tiggr~ do you think we could find a million spankos? That would be way cool!!

    SuZQ~ You know the most ridiculous aspect of my fears? It's the fact that when I look over my shoulder, there's NO ONE following me. Duh. And I'm not even a blonde. That would be Grace.

    Grace~ Okay. No worries... except for the fact that you're blonde. LOL Love ya buddy.

    Tom~ What you have said is exactly what I've come to see from writing this post and sleeping on it. Sometimes as I write it becomes more clear but I can't trash a good post ... especially not when I actually do figure things out through it! I'm so glad you've been commenting here!!

    Theresa~ Amen. Something tells me that Elis would hunt us all down like a junk yard dog!

    Maggie~ You're so right. Everyone is normal... till you get to know them!!!

    Paul~ I agree but you know, there is something about the secret side of it that makes it all that more special. I like that it's just between Adam and me... and well you... and ummmm... tiggr... and grace...and elis... and heck, the whole world could have access to this blog but you know what I mean.

    AE~ I couldn't agree with you more and honestly we probably think more of it than what others do. I've heard it said "don't worry what others think of you, they don't think much."

    hey... wait.... LOL

    I love you all!!!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete