Monday, January 22, 2007

Just for the Moment

If someone told you that in order to keep your job you would need to shell out thousands of dollars for a degree that you really don't want, what would you do? If you were only qualified to do ONE thing that paid over and above minimum wage, would you shell out the money? Would you go for the degree that you don't want? Just to keep your job?

I have been saying it this way: "I'm spending money that I don't have for a degree that I don't want."

Apparently I need it though.

Why? Why would I do this?

Because....

I love my job.

I need my job.

I need the benefits my job provides.

It just torques me that five years from now, I will no longer be qualified to do the job I will have done for 13 years by then. Excuse me? What's wrong with this picture?

I'm okay with continuing my education but to be forced to get this degree?

And besides, it's not just the money. It's the time. Have you noticed I haven't been able to post quite as often since the holiday season ended? Well this is why. Eva has gone back to school. Grad school. Big whoop-dee-doo.

On the up side I am gaining a lot already. I just don't WANT to. I'd rather whine. I'd rather hear you all say "ohhhhh... poor Eva... how dare they take time away from your blog."

You know what I think? I think that one of those stress buster spankings you all talk about would be PERFECT right about now.

How cool would it be for Adam to come to me right now, take me by the hand and pull me up from this chair?

And how cool would it be for him to yank my pants down? And take the crop to my backside?

And how wonderful might it be for him to spank and spank until I can hardly stand another stroke?

And then.....

And then....

Well you know what comes with a spanking.... Yowza.

Forget school.

Forget knowledge.

Forget my job.

Just for the moment... just for the moment let it be me and my very best friend... my husband.. my lover.... my spanker.

Ah, but................

Adam isn't home tonight.

Crap.



11 comments:

  1. It is very sad that you have to get something you don't even want. What's even sadder is in some parts of the US they will let ANYONE teach, without or without college.

    BUT..what's saddest of all? Adam isn't there to spank your butt good! That is definately the saddest of all!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I know how thrilled you are about all this. I agree with you completely. However if Adam reads this he might be able to help once and a while. You could email it to him or I could - I am always willing to help!

    Summer is coming!!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks. It happens all over. My boss was told that though he had been a manager for 20 years he had to go back and get his degree. It was so stupid he was the best at his job and didn't need one. but he did. luckily they paid for it. Still is sad you have to go through this. I wish you didn't. I wish even more that Adam was home to take care of you and your need for a stress buster!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  4. My D was confronted with the same issue years ago. But it was all on the house and there was a big raise in salary afterwards. See it as an investment in your future. Suppose there's no escape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way. But they don't make us go back for bigger degrees, since they need us to desperately. And if they send us back they reimburse tuition.

    Now if someone wants to pay me to go back to school and not work! Deal!

    It isn't fair, you are right to gripe. Give me there email address. I have a blogger complaint to file!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva,

    Poor baby. No, it isn't right. It is kinda like our sex every day experiment. When you HAVE TO, it steals all the fun out of it.

    When you move into acceptance, it might just be enjoyable. I hope you get there. Until then, keep whining! *grin* I am sure Adam will spank you for it soon.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, since everyone else hinted, but didn't come right out and say it:

    Ohhhhh... poor Eva... how dare they take time away from your blog.

    There... feel better now?

    OK, I did my part, and yes, of course I agree with you completely and totally do understnad... it sucks, frankly.

    But now it's time for Adam to step up to the plate and do HIS part... if I close my eyes, I can almost hear that crop swishing through the air, headed straight for your butt!

    Love you!
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered about that Eva, give me their address and I'll write a strong letter of protest.
    And I'll whisper in Adam's ear about a stress buster for you.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWwwww, I do feel for you! Being made to do something is just not quite the same has wanting to do it. Give Adam a nudge or two and get that stress buster out of the way and then maybe all will be right!

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can understand the entire furthering of education thing... but once HIRED, any further required education should be paid for by those demanding it. So, yep... awww - poor baby! You deserve it! Hope you get your ass... errr... stress buster soon!

    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Eva! I'll jump on the bandwagon with the others and lend a shoulder to cry on.

    I concur that if an employer changes the requirements for employment after they've hired you, then they are liable for expenses incurred.

    Maybe you need to print out your post, and tape it to the bathroom mirror for Adam. Or lay it on the bed beneath his leather belt.

    Hugs,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete