Sunday, January 14, 2007

Chips .... My Pup Likes Chips

One of my all time favorite bloggers has just got to be Sar over at Pieces. She has a love for life that seems to match none other. I adore her musings of twinkies and pups and neanderthals and marines and water guns and I could go on and on and on. She's one of the best.

I've never spoken to her personally. I don't even know if she reads other blogs. I have heard that she will answer emails but I've never emailed her myself. I just read and love her from afar. Now though, I think I might have to enlist her help. I'm sure she'd have some advice here, don't you think?

Here's what happened.

It is not my fault, I swear.

Okay so maybe it's my fault but it's not intentional.


It was one little potato chip dropped innocently and accidentally. The pup grabbed it and ran. Remembering how we fed our childhood dog the occasional chip I really didn't feel it was worth the effort to chase him down to wrestle the chip from his mouth.

What could one little chip possibly hurt?

It's not my fault either that chips taste good to a pup.

He was soon back at my side. He's got the cutest little face with the cutest little puppy dog eyes and the most adorable little bark. I gave him another.

And another.

Yip-yip.

And another.

The pup likes chips.

Offspring number three ratted me out to Adam. I think SHE needs spanked!!!

Adam doesn't want the pup to have chips and is threatening to spank me if I give him any more people food.

Is he kidding me? He hasn't spanked me properly in over a month and now he threatens me with such things? Puh-leeeeze.

So what do you think I did next?

You know it.

I discovered the pup likes popcorn and ice cream sandwiches but isn't all that fond of ginger snap cookies. He bats the popcorn around until it's crumbs before he eats it. It made a huge mess but not to worry. He sucked up every crumb. And the ice cream? He wears it on his chin like any pup would. I had to pick the ginger snap up though after a while. That's a no-go.

And even after all that I still haven't been properly spanked. Heck, I'd give the pup the whole dang bag of Lays if I thought it would help. Tomorrow our nest finally returns to us... empty as we like it. Maybe he's waiting till then? Ya think?

We'll see.

I'm thinking since offspring #3 leaves for school in the morning and we're both off I'll give him till supper time and if I've not gotten that spanking yet that I've been whining to you about for weeks.... well, I just might email Sar for some advice. After all, she knows all about pups and food. And if that doesn't work, I think I'll grill the pup a ribeye of his very own.

11 comments:

  1. Okay #3 definately needs a spanking, you don't rat out you mother.

    STOP giving that beautiful little thing people food! He is no fool and our food taste better. But tell Adam that you are feeding him nothing but chips and ice cream, for that matter give Adam the puppy chow. What ever you think will work. And yes I do think he is waiting for the nest to clear out. If nothing by Monday I'll be glad to email him but I think you have made yourself clear!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twin~ Calm down. The ice cream is actually doggie ice cream. And the popcorn and chips were purely accidental. It was just that one day... but I'm thinking you are right.. I'll tell adam that's what I've been feeding him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think someone's getting a spanking! My cat like kettle corn. Maybe your pup has a sweet tooth! Whatever I think you have the smartest pup, I have ever come across. I told you guys wasting ginger on the food was just crazy.

    It's like a spanking for your tongue. Now where's the fun in that one!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. smiles! Cute post.

    We had two golden retrievers, the female would eat ANYTHING! She would eat tomatoes off the vine! I'm not sure there was anything she wouldn't eat, including a long list of stuff NEVER meant to be in the stomach of man nor beast.

    The male wasn't so famished. It was funny to watch him pick up stuff, taste it, and then spit it back out! I remember he didn't like pickles. And lettuce.

    One time I thought I would give the pets a 'treat' ... we had the 2 goldens, and two cats at the time, and I bought some fresh liver scraps at the butcher. None of the four would have anything to do with them! And I wasn't about to prepare and cook it for them. That was all I needed. If my four pets wouldn't eat liver, ain't no way I am!

    Hugs,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. There should be a law against liver... period!

    My dog loved celery. He could hear me chopping it from up stairs under the bed in a dead sleep. Goofy mutt! lol

    If I remember right, Sar allows her dogs to live on MickeyD, beer, twinkies .... Try that, your spanking could be only hours away ;-)

    ~Hugs and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Eva, you are certainly asking for it. Now if you resort to the ribeye thing, just be sure to do it in front of Adam while you cook him something like beans and rice--that combos into a protein, right?

    Hee hee.

    Adam would tan your butt for sure! And I can't wait to hear about it. *big grin*

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have done the same thing! My cat likes pudding, which I found bizzar. He also likes poppy seeds. You're probably going to be glowing by the evening on Monday, what with going against his direct orders! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva, I have to agree Sar is wonderful, you will have seen my comments.
    My cat likes dog food, I've seen her try and chase one of the dogs off. The trouble with cooking special food for the dogs is that they won't eat their dog food.
    For dogs, no human chocolate it's very bad for them and not too much salt, gives them high blood pressure. I have to admit that what Sar feeds her pups surprises me.
    Hope that Adam warms you nicely.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so much easier to get yourself in trouble when they tell you exactly what they don't want you to do! Saves all that time testing. LOL I wish you the best of luck!

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa~ Well ummm... I had these ginger snaps for something I made over the holidays. I thought if the pup liked them.. never mind. I didn't really give him a ginger snap. Geeze. That would probably do weird things to his tiny little tummy.

    Dave~ LOL I would NEVER eat liver. Ewe. Friends of ours had a female golden retriever who ate rocks. And the funny part was they'd laugh about it because she always passed them easily. Okay TMI. Sorry.

    Maggie~ I suppose it might make a difference that Sars dog are way bigger than mine and not pups, huh? We took the pup for a shot today. He weights 5.1 pounds and they said a pound of that is probably fur.

    Nancy~ I dunno. Adam's not a picky eater so he wouldn't mind the beans and rice. He'd be upset about the steak though.. just the fact that I was giving it to the dog. He'd be just as upset if I gave him the steak and the beans and rice to the dog.

    Doc~ Stay tuned!! I think you're probably right.

    Paul~ I actually read that chocolate can go so far as to kill a dog. That's a bit scary!! Our pup is so little that we do try to stick to his diet.

    Cassie~ That's exactly right!! I love knowing what not to do. LOL

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a Golden that will eat almost anything too. She even likes jalapenos! It's a very good idea not to feed them people food... but... you know, the dog does like it. We just make sure to limit her to little things now and then, and we make her 'work' for it (do some trick, so she doesn't start begging).

    Adam probably has the right idea though... feed the dog people food, get a spanking. Now he needs to follow through!

    ;)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete