Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ok, Everyone....

Listen up.

CeeCi has requested we put out short tutorials on fixing this blog rolling problem. Seeing as it apparently isn't going to fix itself!!

Here's all you need to do.....

When you post something new go to www.blogrolling.com. On the left there is a menu with the title bar "Navigation." The 8th choice is "ping form." Click on it and fill it out. For site title I type in "nothing random" and for my url I type in evadry.blogspot.com. When it's all filled out, click "ping" and you're done.

It only takes a minute to do this and it lets us blogrollers know you have a new post.

12 comments:

  1. Can I do it tomorrow? I am in the middle of a peri menopausal anxiety attack, and I think I had hot flashes all through the night. I never had one so I can't be sure.

    In my state, I might blow up the blog!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok somehow I managed to do it, and nothing blew up. But also nothing happened? What was supposed to happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your link on my blog roll. It has a little flashing heart now cuz you did that. It tells people that you've posted something new. If you do that real quick each time you post then we'll know you have something new.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so I have to do it each time? How do I get it to twinkle on my site that you have updated?

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elis~ Can you hear me? Do you still have that step by step email to set up a blogrolling acct? If so could you sent it to theresa? If not, let me know and I'll type it up again (and save it this time).

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa~ If you want to give it a go on your own, it's really not hard. Just go to Blogrolling.com and set up an acct.... then go to bonnie's site. From there visit each site you want to add to your blog roll and save it. (make sure when you set up your acct. that you set up a link on your tool bar to "blogroll" sites you like) If you are stuck, I promise we'll talk soon.

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's a busy little bee so close to the New Year.
    That's very nice of you Eva, I'm glad some of us understand what we are doing.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial, Eva! I'll post one too!

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the help sis, I think I was able to do it.

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Eva! But this is a 'work-around'. Blog rolling should be doing this automatically if you've got your settings in Blogger set correctly.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with blogroll, but this will work until they fix the actual problem.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Hon,

    Would love to help you out, but I'll never remember to do that everytime I post. Besides, if i can't figure out blogrolling, then why should I help you????

    Well, I'm just saying....

    love ya
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you use Windows Live Writer, there is an easier way that works automatically. See my latest post

    ReplyDelete