1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate but why is cappuccino not a choice?2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree? Wrap of course.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? Outside is all white. Inside is a mix. The tree in the living room and other stuff is all white but the other trees are mixed.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put up your decorations? I don't. Adam does. Usually around Thanksgiving. We've cut back on them this year and I'm glad!!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The cookies. Gotta love the cookies.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Trying to blow up the house with the chemistry set I got when I was nine.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa ? I was in kindergarten and it just didn't add up that one man could get around the world like that in one night. When I asked my mom she told the truth.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Nope.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Pay attention. I don't. Adam does. It's traditional.
11. Snow! Love or Dread it? I LOVE it if I can sit inside and look out at it, sipping coffee. I hate it if I have to go out in it.
12. Can you ice skate? No. Never have tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yeah, the chemistry set. Do I dare mention the fact though that during my senior year of high school I met Adam and ended up bombing chemistry? No pun intended.
14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? My kids come home.
15. Favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin roll. (since I already mentioned the cookies)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas breakfast. It's the same every year. I asked my kids a couple years ago if they wanted anything different for breakfast and they looked at me as though I told them I was going outside to slash their tires.
17. What tops your tree? It's different every year. This year is kind of complicated. Adam wanted to downsize the tree so he bought a 9 foot tree. Okay so that's taller than our old 7 footer but however it's NOT as big and fat so we have more floor space in the living room. The problem is though that our ceilings are 8 ft. 10 in. He made the tree fit but there's no room for a topper so he squeezed in these 3 ugly wand things. Never mind. It's too hard to explain.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells. Definitely. I was talking to a friend recently who wasn't familiar with it. I said "Wait Dave, you probably know it as Ding, Fries are Done." Yep. he sure did. I like the real one though. It's a beautiful song.
20. Candy Canes? I throw them out in June If I haven't taken them to work and passed them out by then.
I want Adam to come decorate my house and could he bring one of those pumpkin rolls with him?
ReplyDeletePK
I want a man who decorates too! My family used to be the same way with the traditional holiday menus. NO alterations. Now it is just me and Michael we keep a few things and change a few others around each year.
ReplyDeletePlease share the breakfast menu with us.
Huggs
Theresa
Okay, so you were into math in kindergarten? I am impressed! lol
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the breakfast menu ... please?
~Hugs and Happy Holidays!
Another meme Eva, great.
ReplyDeleteSo what's wrong with Mistletoe!!!!
It encourages promiscuous kissing, so!!!
Enjoy your family time dear Eva.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Eva,
ReplyDeleteThat will put me in the holiday spirit--I think! *grin*
SNN
Elis~ I used to rent him out for $20/hour. Actually he rented himself out. It just sounds more fun to say that I rented him out. It was a great way to pay for Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteTheresa and Maggie~ The breakfast menu is no big deal really but I don't dare stray from it. We do the typical egg casserole with ham, sausage, and cheese on it. Fruit salad. Pumpkin bread, nut kolachi, cookies, juice.
Paul~ You're right. There was a time though when Adam drove me nuts with it. What the heck was wrong with me anyhow? Maybe I will go buy some tomorrow!
SNN~ Glad I could help!!
I think I will steal this if that is ok
ReplyDeleteOf course that's okay!!! That's how I got it afterall!!
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva