Monday, December 4, 2006

Happy X Day


I tried. I really did. There are only a handful of words that even begin with X and most of those are debateable as to whether or not they are even words. And then when I looked at the list, I didn't know what most of them meant and when I started looking at definitions, I thought, yeah sure, I'd be thankful for this condition that causes all pigments except for yellow and orange to disappear from the skin. Yeah, right. I'm thinking that's not REALLY a word worthy of listing... along with many others. So here's a very abreviated list. Y will be easier next week.

Now instead of sitting here and burning up my brain cells trying to come up with something cute to do with this, I'm gonna go visit the rest and see what THEY came up with.

Xerox ~ Although I do miss that intoxicating smell from freshly copied mimeograph machines and that lovely purple color. Remember?

X-rated ~ But only what goes on in my own mind in my own home with my own husband.

Xray ~ Why not? It saves lives.

That's it. That's all she wrote. Now she's gonna go see what the rest of you wrote.

7 comments:

  1. Well it was short but they were at least words I have heard of an also things to acually care about. Good job!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! Those are good words!

    How weird that you bring up mimeograph machines. This is the 3 or 4th time in just a few weeks that the subject of the smell of the ink has come up! A few of my younger neighbors never had the please of the freshly printed handouts!

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh .. they never had the pleasure. Geez! Gotta pay attention when I post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did good, Eva, sweetie... and x-ray is one of the most important, as is x-rated, far as I'm concerned... again, for me and Dante *grins*

    And there ARE advantages to writing a much shorter post... more time to read and comment elsewhere!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Eva I'll let you get away with this one. WEG
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey all~ Pathetic list, huh?

    Thanks for stopping by anyhow!!!

    Big Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this list was pathetic, then mine was equally...I think I came up with like six words...hehehe the same ones you did!

    You did it! We've all survived the letter X and I don't know about you, but in reading what others wrote I learned...this is a pretty smart group.

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete