Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Sudoku - With a Twist

As a Sudoku fanatic, I couldn't resist trying this idea once it popped into my sick, sadistic mind. For those of you already familiar with Sudoku puzzles, you know that the numbers one thru nine each must appear once and only once in every row, every column, and each 3X3 square.

You can click on my puzzle to get an enlarged printable version. This is for your amusement only but I will post the solution on Sunday along with this week's blogger quiz.


So here's the twist, instead of numbers I used the
names of nine of our spanko blogger friends so each name must appear once and only once in each row, column and 3X3 square. Good luck!!! And if you think you have it figured out before I post the results on Sunday, email me your solution. You can just do it by telling me the order you have each row in.

Although the nine names used already appear on the puzzle, here's an alphabetized list you might want to copy onto the page you print.

Bonnie
Cassie

Ceeci
Elis
Grace
Paul
SuZQ

Theresa
Tiggr


And one more thing....

You might want to use something erasable.... Like a PENCIL!! LOL








13 comments:

  1. Hi Eva,

    I didn't realize you were a sudoku fanatic! I am also! don't go many days without reading blogs or sudoku! i'll definitely be working on this one and enjoying it extra!

    Thanks!

    Caryagal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you warned me. I know you did. But it could have been stronger. When I yelled "Nooooooo" Mollie wanted to know what was going on. Oh hell, I'll let Nick do it. LOL

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Sudoku! I've almost wasted my summer holiday doing this. If I do your Sudoku, I might not be back online for a few days! lol Good idea you've had!

    Hugz,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not waiting til Sunday....I failed sorry, but I have just failed. Failed failed failed, and my printer is broken.

    I told you about my anxiety disorder didn't I???

    I did give it a whirl! You are toooo creative.

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love Suduko! I keep a book in my purse, one in my bedroom and one in the bathroom...LOL

    This is going to be fun!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok now I feel like a real loser....I'll give it another go. I just left Bonnie's and wanted to let you know I counted the whacks to! Did you read Cassie's comment after yours? She is signing her comments with other people's names!

    I am planning a pity party, and mostly dropped by for tips!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, I'm beginning to think there's more than a bit of sadist in you.
    I'll have a go, but puzzles can drive me round the bend.
    Never the less Eva, warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd honestly never heard of Sudoku before. Looks pretty cool. Thanks!

    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caryagal~ Got your email and you are the first one to email me the solution and it's exactly right so if there was a prize you'd win it but there's not so you don't but thanks for doing my puzzle anyhow!!!

    Elis~ You make me laugh so hard. So did Nick figure it out yet?

    Kayley~ Thanks and have fun with it!!

    Awe Theresa~ Try again. You can make your own grid real quick.

    Grace~ I knew you'd love it!!

    Theresa~ I haven't been back to Bonnie yet today but I will soon.

    Paul~ LOL Let me know how you do with it.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Todd & Suzy~ WHAT? Are you kidding me?? Oh wow. Go to coffeebreakarcade.com and you'll find it under "classics" and can practice an easy level there and then try harder. I'm in shock that you've never heard of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, Eva !

    Sincerely,
    Anne Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool a new website to try for sudoku!

    thanks!!!:-)

    Carye

    ReplyDelete