Thursday, October 19, 2006

Adam Says .... (Part 2)

In Part 1 of "Adam Says" I found it interesting how many of you said that you wouldn't have been that open and receptive to a spanking "back then" in your own lives. And as I thought about it (with a sigh) I realized I probably wouldn't have been either. It probably would have ticked me off in a very big way.

Of course though, I do believe that any man who puts a woman over his knee for a first spanking... especially if it's for punishment... and especially if he has no clue as to how she'll react... that man better be fully prepared to not let up until there's some submission. If he lets her go before, she's liable to throw an ice bucket or something at him. I know I would have anyhow.

I picture - back then - exactly that happening. Adam is just too sweet. If he'd suddenly, unannounced taken me over his knee, I know this man... he would have stopped the minute I said "you son of a bitch." And that would have been the end of the spanking. And it would have been a dreadful mistake on his part... to stop the spanking, that is. But how's a fella to know that?

Anyhow, that's not even the point of this post. As we rode along and talked I commented on the fact that he seems so much more comfortable and in control of spanking things than he was at first. He's much more confident when he spanks me now than he's ever been and we continue to grow in that area.

I listened as he spoke about that. His words were interesting to say the least. He told me that at first it was hard because he had the old rule of men don't hit women drilled into his head. He said that eventually he began to see that what we do is NOT abuse and that much good comes from it.

Of course, you know me... I asked "How so? What do you mean? What good do you see?"

Admittedly his response stung a bit but for all the right reasons.

"Respect," he said. "You respect me more now than you ever have."

Gulp.

He was right.

I knew he was right. I couldn't even respond to that.

There's been many times when I've not respected him. I viewed him as weak. I thought he wasn't aggressive enough. Wimpy, even.

Something happens when I'm on the receiving end of his swings. The submissive side of me comes flying to life. I feel deep, deep love for him. I just want to be with him and no matter how close he holds me, it's not close enough.

And it's not a respect out of fear. No way. Not at all. It's just a respect that comes from somewhere deep inside of me when I'm spanked. I can't explain it, but one thing I know is that it's real.

This lifestyle has changed us over the past few years. We're happier than we've ever been and we just keep getting happier. I love him deeply. Actually I always have and I'm sure that he would tell you that being loved is good but being respected is what he's always needed from me.

He said that he can tell now when I NEED spanked. I said "You mean when I'm getting bitchy?"


I suppose a spanking does knock the nastiness right out of me....

And I've come to find out, it's not just what I need. It's what I want.

And wanting it is an awesome feeling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image found at http://www.lapelpinplanet.com/

12 comments:

  1. Nice post. Especially like the part about the respect not being based in fear. While there can be fear right before a spanking... fear and respect are certainly two different things. The respect, at least in our case... comes in good part from an understanding of expectations and consequences. If A happens... and we both know it shouldn't... then B will occur. Every single time.

    It's ~easy~ to drift away from that. To make exceptions and second chances. Those that can stick to what they say in a firm and loving manner deserve respect.

    That goes for the spankee, too. It takes a brave soul to accept a hard spanking, no matter how richly it is deserved. We all realize that at any point, the spankee can decide the gig is up... and that's that. They do have an out. So, when they follow through with what they say... that, too, deserves respect.


    lovely post
    :)
    ~Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Todd and Suzy just made such a wonderful comment, I have nothing left to say!

    Ok, I lied, I have something to say. I LOVE having the nastiness knocked right out of me!

    Oh, and I agree with Todd and Suzy!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great conversation Eve, between you and Adam.

    It looks like you have come away know ing something more about him and about yourself.

    Growing together, a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are wayward brats allowed to comment here? I sure hope so...

    Yes, yes, and YES... respect is key for me/us, too, and something that has always lacked in my attitude toward Dante... not a fact I am proud of but also not one I will hide from in the glaring light of way too much evidence... guilty as charged.

    But it's at the crux of everything about the spankings, the "play", and why I see it as the catalyst for so much more, on such deeper levels...

    And yes, I need/want him to knock the nastiness out of me sometimes too (ok, often) and we're still working on that cause, well, at the time, it's the last thing I actually "want" though it is what I most "need" to break through the walls and the hostility.

    But we're getting there... but thanks for hitting on the respect thing cause THAT is what I keep trying to say yet never manage to do quite right... it is THE difference in my mind behind a fun game with benefits and a lifestyle that includes true growth and connectedness...

    Love ya, Eva... now I gotta go back a post to see if you took me up on my suggestion...

    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so lucky Eva, Mel knew she needed disciple and she trusted me.
    But Todd and Suzy said it first, at the heart of the deepest love there is respect, for Mel and I that never failed.
    Looking forward to part 3 dear Eva.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eva,
    getting what you want and what you need -- having a healthy balance of respect and love in a relationship -- it is all key. A key it sounds like you two have found and are using frequently !

    Happy Thursday !

    Sincerely,
    Anne Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure that I ever respected anyone in my life before I met Tom. Certainly not myself. I believe this lifestyle does create mutual respect. These are very good posts!

    Love, Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Eva these are all great post...I just boil over with emotion to hear everyone's stories and how much happier there lives are now.

    Typically a day of blogging either has me either belly laughing or crying (joyful tears) and what a way to feel!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Todd & Suzy~ I hadn't really thought of it that way but of course I've always known that respect is a two way street. What you described though is respect in action and it feels really good to me... from both sides of the coin. Thanks for the thoughts!!

    Grace~ Yes, that love of nastiness knocking is just one more common thing we share!

    Maggie~ Yes, growing together is an awesome thing... but you know what? SOMEONE had to make the first move!

    Tiggr~ Wayward brat or not, you are always welcome here!!! I am glad though to see that you're returning to Dante. Hope he doesn't punish you too severely! Then again, me thinks you deserve whatever you get. Love you!!!

    Paul~ Somehow I knew you would know exactly what I was talking about! And I have a feeling tomorrow will be the same when you read it. I'm willing to bet it's another aspect of the whole lifestyle that you and Mel shared. Btw, I loved reading your comment on Elis' blog. I wish so much that you hadn't lost her.

    Dante~ That's a great idea but I don't know that we - Adam or myself - could ever gather the nerve to do that either.

    AE~ yes, our relationship isn't perfect. I wouldn't want it to be. What we have now though is better than anything we've ever had. And it keeps getting better all the time!

    Cassie~ I'm with you. My parents both had died before I was 17 so I didn't trust or respect anyone. Most certainly not myself. It's taken years to get me to where I am today... especially in my relationship with Adam.

    Theresa~ I am so with you!!! I love all these blogging friends. What a circle of friends!!!

    Thanks all for your wonderful, kind, and thoughtful comments!!

    Tune in tomorrow for the final chapter in my saga. Well not a saga really... this third one was the hardest for me to write but I knew I needed to.

    Love and hugs to everyone!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eva,
    Sorry to be so late today. I promise I used my time wisely!

    I have tried to think about how I felt about Nick and how I acted towards him before this. I think I just didn't think about what he might be thinking. I just did my own thing, went where I wanted, raised the kids the way I wanted to, and usually shut him out of what I was thinking.

    Sometime I wish he could have done something to force his way in. But he probably didn't even realize what I was doing and I don't know if it would have been possible for him to do it at the time. I just thank God that we are coming together now!

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl! You know I haven't been around here lately so I have some catching up to do. I'm so glad I decided to read the posts I've missed.

    I really relate to your feelings. I mean about.. - I also see a guy as wimpy if he fails to spank me when I deserve it. Well, I'm referring to Jack, obviously, since he is the one in my life. He also had - and still has I think - this thing about not hurting me. (I need to write about this myself today or tomorrow! Thanks Eva!) He got over it mostly but the way he sees spanking... and not hurting the woman... he still doesn't fully understand the benefits of spanking. And your man is so right about the respect thing... so so right!

    So glad you've posted this Eva!! Thank you!

    hugz
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elis~ Trust me, forcing his way in would not have worked. I know this because that was the exact problem Adam and I had...he wanted to force his way in and all it did was make me resent him.

    Kay~ I think that once a man sees the results of the benefits then it starts to come together in his mind... at least that's the way it seems with Adam. Seeing is beleiving.

    ReplyDelete