Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Day at Tybee Island

Sad but true - Adam had never seen the ocean so an important day to him was taking a drive from Savannah out to Tybee Island. It was a windy day and we laughed as we watched the birds trying to fly only to be blown backwards in the wind. I had been to the ocean once before but that was a long time ago.




Adam wrote this in the sand. No one has ever done that for me before. I'm not a romantic by nature but this was very special to me.








This was a beautiful sight. If I was 20 years younger and 100 pounds lighter I might have climbed to the top. As it was I was happy to just stand and look up at it.






And this is the picture I sent to PK when she kept pestering me for a picture of myself. I stood in the ocean. Adam says after I lose my weight we're going back next year and we're going to not just stand in the ocean but we're going to swim in it.

8 comments:

  1. Eva, I'm so glad that you both found the ocean, we come from the ocean and are mainly salt water.
    I live 2 miles from the Atlantic Coast, if ever I'm depressed I go to the sea, summer, winter, rough or calm, it sooths, exhilarates and refreshes.
    Mel and I celebrated our love so often by the sea, she even received her first spanking on a beach.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone undersand that this was not the picture I was asking for?? We are lucky and in the past have traveled to the ocean at least once a year. I used to love to jump the waves with my dad. While mom stood on the beach and yelled that we were going out too far! I can't wait for Eva and Adam to have this experience!! They are going to love it!!

    Hug,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the ocean!

    One of the really great things about living here is the OCEAN! As a matter of fact, we are heading out to the beach tomorrow. Boogie boarding will be the highlight of the day! NO I will NOT be sending out pics of my in a bathing suit. I make everyone at the beach close their eyes until I am safely in the water.

    So, next year, how about you and Adam take a trip to the WEST?? I've got LOTS of beach to show you!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lighthouse is amazing! How sweet that Adam wrote a love note for you in the sand.

    It was his first time seeing the ocean? Wow! Oceans and seas have been a part of my life since my earliest memories. My first swimming experiences were in the Mediterranean Sea when we lived in Naples. I was five when we moved back to the US.

    You'll have to visit the Pacific Ocean someday! I know, it's a long trip, but it is far different than the Atlantic. Very dramatic, with amazing cliffs, vistas and long stretches of beach. Well worth the trip. Grace can teach you how to boogie board!

    ciao bella~
    CeeCi

    *one more thing! I just love it when people share pictures they've taken. SuZQ-t has some great ones up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Eva, I do hope PK and Nick take you to the coast on your next trip. I have to make a trip at least twice/year or I just don't feel right. I leave next Friday, in fact, for an entire week, and I know it will be therapeutic beyond words.

    So glad to hear you got your belated birthday spanking! I have been a bit out of touch this week, but was hoping it happened. Just wait until all those toys are accessible again!

    Hugs! Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess living in a coastal state I take it for granted! Glad you guys had a great time! The beach is the best!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. And please climb up in the lighthouse too! You'll be ready I just know it!!!!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva, we love Tybee island have been there 3 times - sure hope you do get a chance to swim in it some day!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete