Our son in law is here today giving it the final sanding. He's been in and out helping us with patching the walls and sanding them. When he leaves in a bit Adam is going to start priming the woodwork which shouldn't take long at all. Tomorrow we'll paint the walls and then start painting the trim if time allows. I hope to be completely done and just waiting on the furniture by Wednesday.
Last night we went shopping. We found drapes that are going to be perfect. They were on sale which was nice. It was a buy one get the other one for a buck. The rods are nice too. We've always had plain old rods but these look like pewter sort of with leaves on the end. The curtains are a mix of burgundy, green, and deep gold. The print is a floral plaid combo sort of.
We found a bedspread on the Internet. It should be perfect. It's a solid deep olive green. (yup, that's the one we ordered) We got a few throw pillows in burgundy and gold. We need a lamp. That's all we need to finish it off as far as I'm concerned.Well, my son in law just left so I guess I better get off my butt and go back to helping Adam. I'm not sure if he'll trust me with a paintbrush or not. It's not my favorite thing in the world to do and I'm not all that good at it but I certainly don't want him feeling like he has to do everything.
Spanking? Oh yeah. Spanking. Adam keeps threatening. In fact he left me a note yesterday that said he wanted to spank me today if I was feeling up to it. I'm physically up to it. No problem.
Mentally? My mind is in a million places. I keep failing medical tests and that is very disheartening because it means MORE tests... MORE hoops. I failed my bone density test. I failed my PAP and yesterday I found out I failed my mammogram. I'm quite sick of it all. She did more extensive tests where the PAP is concerned and I'm off the hook there till December. On Monday I have to go for a sonogram of the right boob. I'm sure it's nothing but you know how these medical people are. They have to make sure. Sometimes I think they think "Oh, lookie here... good insurance... let's milk it."
Anyhow, I admit that mentally I'm in a million places these days. All I really want to do is finish the bedroom, curl up on my new bed, and watch a baseball game on TV.
Eva dear girl, your bedroom sounds as if it's going to be great.
ReplyDeleteI'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything turns out great.
I suppose it's better for the medics to be too careful rather than slipshod.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Well at least if your watching an Indians game you're pretty sure of having a good time :)
ReplyDeleteThe bedroom sounds purrfect... love the color scheme... as for the tests... yes, they are a pain, but it's always better to know for sure... and you are gonna be fine. I'm positive!!
ReplyDeleteTiggs
Painting is 90% prep and 10% painting. I'd say that all the masking you've done should be enough to excuse you from the part you don't enjoy.
ReplyDeleteThe colors sound divine! Really, can we have some pictures when you're all finished?
And honestly, good insurance or not, I think the doctors are doing exactly what they know is needed. Better safe than sorry. I'm glad they're being so thorough... you're worth it, sweetie, you truly are.
ciao bella~
CeeCi
I know what you mean, Eva, I keep failing my lab tests - my HDL's are too low! It's not like you can study for these tests, either!
ReplyDeleteHuggs,
Reesa
To save you some time typing could you have them send a copy of the test results direclty to me?? Just tell them your twin is a detail whore!
ReplyDeleteNow your room sounds like it is coming along fine. But what about mine??
Hugs,
the twin
wow! Sounds like you're all set! But ending with curling up in bed and a BASEBALL GAME?? PLEASE??? How about curling up in bed with a HUSBAND and a CROP or something! Sounds like he needs to get your mind off a million places and solely on your warmed posterior! :-)
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Carye
I know all those tests are a pain but we want you completely healthy for along time out here on this blog.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the bedroom will be wonderful when it's thru. Promise you just won't curl up and watch baeball games. hehehe
*hugs and grins*
Enjoy the game. You and Will would get along great. The bedroom sounds fabulous.
ReplyDeleteThe sonogram is non negotiable! Get!!!
Huggs
From one of those medical people!
Theresa
Paul~ You're right about everything. I'm behaving myself and going to all appointments.
ReplyDeleteTerri~ I dunno about that. The tribe has been pretty disappointing lately!!
Tiggr~ Love the new avatar.
CeeCi~ yes, I'll see to it that you get some pictures.
Reesa~ I don't even want to talk cholesterol!!! Or blood pressure. Or thyroid.
Twin~ You're room will be underway just as soon as this one is done. When are you coming? (gotta make sure it's done in time). Oh, do you have a fax number? I'm sure my doctors will be needing that.
Carye~ Well ummmm... I kind of like baseball. So does Adam so I guess it's okay cuz he's right there with me when the games are on.
David~ Okay. I promise. Hehehe
Theresa~ Yeah yeah.. I'm going tomorrow morning. Grrrrr.
hugs~
Eva
As others said, best to be safe and know for sure with those tests you failed. A common "failing" grade on the mammogram seems to be plain old cysts, at least that was my experience. I hope that is all they find with you, too! The bedroom sounds great! Take care of yourself, sweetie!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto