Our New Favorite Restaurant
While in Savannah we spied this restaurant. We laughed like a couple of teenagers but didn't go in. I mean, it would be obvious to the world, wouldn't it? I was pretty sure that everyone would stare, point, and laugh.
And then the next day we took a drive to Tybee Island. Wow! That was a fun, fantastic day. On the way there we saw billboards for this place. It had the same rooster as in the picture below and he was flipping the bird (honest) on it. I searched the internet for him but can't find him. If any of you find it, email me a copy of it.

This time, at Tybee Island we couldn't resist. I was glad, too because I had the most awesome shrimp and cheese quesadilla known to mankind.
Spanky's.
A restaurant named Spanky's. Who would have ever thought it?
Hmph who would have ever thought it? I'll tell you who! I southerner...that's who!
ReplyDeleteYou moving yet? Winter is just around the corner. Well at least for you, we still have at least 5 months summer left!
Huggs
Theresa
Eva,
ReplyDeleteSo were the chairs nicely padded for those of us who might be sporting some freshly painted color?
Hugs,
Bonnie
Cool! You should ask them how they got their name!:-)
ReplyDeleteCarye
We've got a Spanky's in Houston, too. I don't think it's part of the same one though. I don't remember seeing that chicken. Food's not too bad.
ReplyDelete~Hugs!
Geez, how did we miss THIS when we were in Tybee a few years back? Darn! Have to make another trip...
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Tiggs
Eva, yes an intriguing name. We have a cafe in London called Coffee, Cake and Kink, I've never been there, it wasn't there twenty years ago.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
Theresa~ You have no idea how much we wish we'd been born and raised in the south!! I would love to live there but we have so much life to live here in the north. If it wasn't for the snow it would be perfect.
ReplyDeleteBonnie~ Actually as I recall they were heavy, hard wood. Hmmmm... do you think there's a reason for that?
Carye~ Yeah, we should have. Adam asked to buy one of there glasses. The waitress said "they aren't for sale but if you steal it, no one is going to chase you down for it." We don't steal though so we didn't get it.
Maggie~ The food was very good. They had lots of different things on the menu. The chicken flipping the bird is a hoot. I'm really surprised I can't find it anywhere on the internet.
Tiggs~ I'm surprised you missed it!!! It was a neat little place. At Tybee Island it's right on the ocean front and in Savannah it's down on River Street.
Paul~ So what's the kink part? I'd love to know!!
Hugs~
Eva