With the onset of summer vacation I'm about as giddy as I possibly can be. Tomorrow is my last day with students. Friday is my last day with co-workers. I have THREE whole months ahead of me. I will be sleeping in. I will play with my pup. I will meet PK. I will watch lots of baseball. I will spend lots of time with Adam. I will get lots of spankings with the crop.I will. I will. I will.
Every now and then I wonder if my behavior is appropriate for a teacher. I don't worry about it for long but I often wonder about all of you who read my blog. I wonder how you would feel if you were to discover that I am YOUR child's teacher. Would it bother you to know that your child's teacher receives regular spankings from her husband? Would it bother you that your child's teacher maintains a blog where sex and spanking is talked about?
Would it? My guess is that those of you who read here would not be bothered at all however you know and I know that there are those prude types out there who still expect teachers to be unrealistically pure. After all we are humans with sex drives. Mine is limited to within the boundaries of my marriage to Adam. I do not step outside of those bounds. Never.
Within those bounds however, there are NO bounds. What happens in Adam and Eva's bedroom stays in Adam and Eva's bedroom. Sort of. Okay so I do get on here and share some of it with you all but so far my privacy has been respected. I thank you all for that. Oh, except for PK, my twin. She's a detail whore and a stalker but we all need one or two of those in our world who we can be exceptionally close to, yes?
Anyhow, tomorrow is the last day of school and I wanna just do the happy teacher dance. Whoooo hooooooo.... This is the best feeling in the world.
Watch....
Back to this whole teacher thing, I found some teacher rules for 1915 that I want to share with you. If I'd been a teacher 100 years ago, there's no doubt, I would be fired for what I now do. I'm glad times have changed and that teachers' lives are no longer open for microscopic investigation. Oh, sure. There are some higher standards of morals which we are held to and I don't mind one bit. I don't do drugs. I don't drink. I don't cheat on my husband. I uphold these values in the classroom always encouraging my students to remain sober and pure. BUT .... but I do have a private life behind these closed doors which I have chosen to share with you, my friends.
Anyhow, look at these rules... just look at them.... Makes me twitch just to read them.
1. You will not marry during the term of your contract. That's okay. I'm already happily married to Adam.
2. You are not to keep company with men. Bummer.
3. You must be home between the hours of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless attending a school function. Heck yes. I'm in bed asleep during those hours. If you all would quit cramming so much into my day, I might have more time for fun stuff.
4. You may not loiter downtown in ice cream stores. Not even at the Dairy Queen? Sonic? McDonald's?
5. You may not travel beyond city limits unless you have the permission of the chairman of the board. Excuse me? WTF?
6. You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man unless he is your father or brother. Oh, like THAT'S safe. Have you met my brother?
7. You may not smoke cigarettes. S'okay. I quit a couple years ago.
8. You may not dress in bright colors. Ummm... define "bright."
9. You may under no circumstances dye your hair. Oooooops. Too late.
10. You must wear at least two petticoats. For WHAT purpose? Are you KIDDING me?
11. Your dresses must not be any shorter than two inches above the ankle. ROFLMAO
12. To keep the school room neat and clean, you must:
* sweep the floor at least once daily
* scrub the floor at least once a week with hot, soapy water
* clean the blackboards at least once a day
* start the fire at 7 a.m. so the room will be warm by 8 a.m.
Uhhh... sure. I'll get right on it.
PK ... are you hearing this nonsense?
I thought some of the rules I follow are ridiculous. LOL
Anyhow, I do love teaching. Summer vacation is just the part I love the best. It's been a long year so I am looking forward to spending the next few months just kicking back and relaxing here with you.
ROFL!! Yes I am hearing this and BTW some of the rules you follow are ridiculous! I may have to steal these rules and put my answers with them too. Kind like a teacher meme!
ReplyDeleteI know you will be dancing tomorrow and I am happy for you. I just can't wait until I can dance with you!!
Love you twin!!
Eva you are truly blessed you weren't borm 100 years ago. Nursing is similar. In nursing school if I had a part timejob it had to be approved and I could only work certain days and certain hours. One of my first jobs we had to take out the trash and sweep the floors each shift.
ReplyDeleteAt least we no longer had to shovel the coal like ole Florence! Thank goodness for electricity!
Have a Great Summer!
Huggs
Theresa
Too funny!! I love the no loitering at ice cream places!!! Man, I'd give up teaching in a heart beat!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteCarye
PS: Can't wait to have you back full time! I expect lots of posts and email!
Dance away you desere it. My youngest was a freshman this year and they are starting to have gang violence. Lots of pressures that I never had back in the class of 74.
ReplyDeleteThere are teachers and then teachers that love there job. You are one of those dedicated ones.
So let your fun begin!!
*grins and hugs*
Eva, you sure do get out of school early. In my neck of the woods, the poor teachers and kiddies have another 3 1/2 weeks to go. By the end of that time its usually so freaking hot that no one is interested in being there. Air conditioning is not a staple here!
ReplyDeleteLoved the 100 year old rules. They still existed in the 1930's around here! This I know from family members who were teachers!
Looking forward to hearing more from you now that you will be fancy free!
Debbie :)
But Eva, we wanted to WATCH you do your happy dance *pouts*
ReplyDeleteI love the teacher meme idea... go for it, PK!
Enjoy every second of your time off... it is so much deserved! Try to top last summer's adventures ten-fold!
BTW, no, I wouldn't have ever minded having a teacher even half as cool as you and PK, for me or my kids!
Love,
Tiggs
Eva, I'm just certain you are going to have a fabulous summer, you'd better or I'll want to know the reason why.
ReplyDeleteGreat video, is it the Muppet's or Sesame Street?
Ouch, you'd be better off in a Nunnery, where are you anyway, sounds like one of the New England areas.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
In answer to your question about minding if I knew my child's teachers had a spanko life and or blog. It would've shown me that they are a bit more human than *some* of the acted! As long as it doesn't involve the kids .. not a problem.
ReplyDeleteNow, about those rules! Ya know the one that says you must start the fire by 7 a.m.? It didn't specify how or where to set, er uhhh I mean, start the fire did it? The rules would be the starter and right in the middle of the classroom. It would definitely be nice and toasty by 8. "Come on kiddos, class today will be at the ice cream parlor, just outside of town, with all my guy friends! Oh and check out my black mini dress with yellow and orange flames!" lol
~Hugs and have a great summer!
LOL, great post, Eva! It was fun reading those old rules. I had a hysterectomy 3 days before the beginning of my second semester in nursing school. If I had told the school that, they'd have made me wait an entire semester to come back. So I didn't tell them, and I went to the classes and clinicals, never saying a word about it. I was a bit slower getting around then the others, but after a couple of weeks I'd caught up, LOL.
ReplyDeleteHuggs,
Reesa
Oh wow, don't party too 'hard' after your last day of school!
ReplyDeleteI wonder sometimes how I justify working with kids, when in real life I enjoy spankings and submitting to my man?! But I tend to not think about it like you mentioned, and just think I could be much worse as a 'vanilla' flavoured lady...
So who gives a damn?! LOL...
Tis hard though, but heck i'm too selfish to give it up *weg*
Those rules are super harsh, but in a way kinda sexy. What's the punishment if they are broken? lol
Big hugs
Em x
Since when do you follow rules, anyway?
ReplyDeleteThese were great, now, I was thinking about sending you a translator for when you visit PK. Do you want an electronic one, or a book?
That southern accent can be hard to understand sometimes!
Loved the video clip with Alice Cooper and muppets!!!!! Congrats on getting through the school year and enjoy your summer break! As you say, your private life is your own, and thank goodness it isn't the school board's business. The old teacher rules were interesting, I knew about some of them--some/most were in effect back in the 1800's, too. Shows how slow things were to change, eh?
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
PK~ I would LOVE to hear your responses to these!!
ReplyDeleteTheresa~ You probably have a lot of moments like mine when you think for this... I went to school for THIS.
Carye~ I'm with you!! No ice cream, no teaching!!!
David~ Thank you. When it's time to teach, I teach my heart out but when it's time to play.... well, you know.
Debbie~ Three and a half more weeks? That thought makes me twitch. I am so ready for time off. I was done at 10 this morning. Now I can't wait for monday just because I don't have to go.
Tiggs~ Thanks!! I'll work on that dance for you!!
Paul~ That's the muppets, I think! And for sure we're working on having an ever better summer than last year.
Maggie~ Do you have one of those skirts? Can I borrow it? hehehe
Reesa~ Wow! You are my hero! I on the other hand like to milk a surgery for all it's worth!!
Em~ I think the women back in those days was simply fired for breaking such rules. Wonder how they lived without that $150 a year?
Grace~ I hear you and what amazes me most is that those who have that southern accent don't hear it.
Kallisto~ Not only did I make it through the school year, I did so without bringing harm upon any child!!! I had a few close calls but in the end I let them all live!!
Hugs to all~
Eva