Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blessed Sunshine is Coming My Way

Notice anything?

Look around.

All around.

Look high. And low. Left. Right.

See it?

I'll bet my detail whore twin sees it.

Heck, I will bet that she can even explain WHY.

See it? Look again.

Okay, okay. I'll give you a hint.


THERE ARE MORE BLOGS LISTED ON MY BLOG ROLL.

So sue me. That was more than just a hint.

There will be more to come.

And why are they there?

Because....

BECAUSE.....

Can you feel it? It's rising up inside of me. And when it bubbles right out of me like an explosive volcano there will be no stopping me. Not only that, it won't be my fault. I'm warning you now that you can't hold me responsible.

And what ..... what in the world could do this... have this affect on me?

Three weeks, folks. Three weeks of school and then I'm free.... free to do the happy dance. Watch it for yourself.




And do you know what's even better than the happy dance? Having three whole months of more time to be out here with you all talking about our favorite topic!!

Can you feel it?

Oh, yeah.

Okay, okay I'm sorry.

Not all of us get to take 3 months off every year but you have no idea what we put up with during the other nine. There are administrators who can drive a person to insanity. There are kids who DO drive a person to insanity. And let me pop your bubble.

Teachers do NOT get paid for the summer. We just get the money we've already earned that the district hangs onto for us. Shouldn't we get interest on that money?

Ahhhhh....summer. It's worth not getting paid.

It's worth the freedom from books and chalkdust.

Come quickly summer time!!!

Come quickly blogging time!!

And spanking time!!!

I want it all.

And I want it NOW!!!!

Okay, okay. I'm sorry. It's just that I am seeing this VERY bright light at the end of the tunnel!!

And for once, I'm certain that it's not an oncoming train. Hang in here with me folks. We're about to step out of the tunnel - dark and dreary - into the most glorious sunshine ever!!

Ahhhhhh..... yeah! I can feel it on my face already.


12 comments:

  1. This is the happiest post I can imagine! I feel like the train has been running over me all year maybe the light is on the last car and when it wheel are through gringing over me it will all be over!

    Summer time in blogland! What could be better!!!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, hope that it's everything that you would want it to be.
    I think that teachers really earn their holiday's twice over, at least.
    Be wall dear girl, see if you can help PK if she is still feeling bad.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO, I love the penguin video! I haven't laughed this much in a long while, and why? Because I imagined you dancing, like that freaky little penguin! (Not insult intended there btw, just that the vision was great!)

    I bet you can't wait for summer, and I hope it's everything you want it to be and then some ;-)

    Hugs
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Eva for including my Honestly Speaking on your blogroll. I am very honored! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO HOO!!! 3 more weeks!! We have 3 weeks and 1.2 days!!! THEN I WILL DO THE HAPPY DANCE TOO! I GET MY OLDEST DAUGHTER BACK FULL TIME!!! YEAH!!!!! I really miss her while she is in school! I'm so happy for you!!!! Can't wait for you guys to be in summer time mode and have time to write and read and email!!! I miss ya! Especailly this busy time of year!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! I LOVED The penguin video! Now if I can just find a safe way to show only it to my kidlets!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! I always loved summer vacation when the kids were at home--so much more relaxed, and I imagine so much better for long suffering teachers! Have a great break!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get ready and enjoy your break.You deserve a fun filled summer. Lots more time for spankings.

    *evil grins*

    ReplyDelete
  9. PK~ What could be better? I'll tell you what could be better!! Retirement!!

    Paul~ Thank you for saying that. There are some people who STILL think teaching is an easy job.

    Em~ Hehehehe. Yup, that's how I'll be dancing all right!! I can't wait!!!

    Greenwoman~ You're quite welcome!! I LOVE your site.

    Carye~ Trust me, summer time mode is a BLAST for a blogger!! It was so sad last year when we had to go back to work. And that mean old Grace, she was doing mean old things to us. LOL Oh, and the penguin thing... go to youtube and do a search for "going home on friday." Also "back to work on monday" is a riot too.

    Kallisto~ You DO understand us!! Long suffering!! I like it!! That's a term me can use to lick our wounds with!!!! LOL

    David~ I got the "get ready" part down to a science. I'm just waiting on the "enjoy your break" part to get here!!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. As much as I love the penguin, I can't wait to see you do the dance!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva,

    I am so HAPPY for you! After all your snow and durgery days happiness will soon be yours. Loved the happy dance clip. Your time off almost makes me wish I was a teacher, wait no not worth the other 9. ENJOY!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Eva, sounds great! I know you'll have some happy, carefree days ahead!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete