How do you do it?How do you keep the spanking passion alive when there are kids in the house?
Worse. How do you keep it going when there are adult kids in the house?
Okay so it's only ONE kid but she will be here at the end of the week and is staying till mid August.
Adam and I love our kids dearly but we've also gotten used to being on our own.
We LIKE being on our own.
When we met I was seventeen. Two and a half months later we got engaged. Five months after that we were married. Eleven months later our first child was born.
We didn't have much time on our own before the children were born. We've waited a long time to be alone. We've finally been free to indulge in the fun side of ourselves.... and yes that would be the spanko side of our life.
The thought of an adult child moving into the house drains the spanko right out of me. Why think about what will now be more difficult to achieve day to day? Why put myself through that form of torture? You know what I mean... you're in the mood but in walks the offspring. Or worse, you're all alone, in the mood but don't know when the offspring might walk in.
So really....how do you do it? I want to know. I really do. How do you keep the desire going when you know your plans for tonight or tomorrow or whenever you have plans for can be snuffed out by a simple turn of events? Plans cancelled. Child gets sick. So many things can squelch it so why bother in the first place?
What's the point? Why bother?
I don't know. I just don't know.
I really want to hear what you all have to say.
Talk to me.
Private roads, wooded parks, and hotels!!! When you can't play in the house you can find lots of places to play out of the house! Be thankful it's going to be summer and you can 'enjoy' being outside! LOL
ReplyDeleteLucky for you, she's an ADULT child. Which means, she will be out of the house A LOT!
ReplyDeleteWith that being said, all I've got left is....
Welcome to my world!
HUGS!
grace
It's hard but we do it all the time..More than likely she won't be there all of the time. Like Terri said ..go for a drive ..a nice long walk. I have faith in you..you'll find a way
ReplyDeleteTerri~ I don't believe we've met!!! Nice to meet you. You're right. I know you're right. I just have gotten used to so much quiet and freedom. I wish I didn't like it so much. That would make this all easier. I do want her home. I do. But.....
ReplyDeleteGrace~ That makes it worse if you ask me. I can't tell her when to go to bed... and do you remember my post about the furnace? Sigh.
mthc~ Thanks! I know we used to do it all the time too but we went in spurts of on and off again. Keep a good thought for us.
Hugs~
Eva
My first suggestion is to take a long trip south! Other than that make plans! Yes they will occasionally be messed up but you will quickly learn when she will almost always be out of the house and make plans for those times even if that is not the most convenient.
ReplyDeleteAnd you might not be comfortable with this yet but even thought they are young your girls are grown. Can you tell them yet "Dad and I want an even at home alone!" Even Mollie knows that sometimes we have date night. And we don't need 10 phone calls from her!
Good luck, if you find a nice place on you trip you might decide to say for a while!
Hugs Twin!
there are also 'quiet' instruments though those pesky things generally have more bite to. I like the idea terri suggested with hotel/motel to.
ReplyDeleteGem
I hear you! We don't have any adult ones, but ones that still join us in bed anywhere from 1/2 hour after they go to sleep to 7 hours after they go to sleep! It is VERY frustrating. All I can say, is try to enjoy spontinaiety (wow I butchered the spelling of that one! And on a teachers site!). Plan some time alone where ever you can! :-)
ReplyDeleteCarye
The NoTell Motel is just around the corner. Use it!
ReplyDelete~Hugs!
I agree with Elis. Just tell her every now and then you need alone time with Adam. She just makes plans to be til say 11.
ReplyDeleteThe "outside" "take a drive" plan sounds like fun with that spontaneous urge hits!
Huggs
Theresa
Eva dear girl, this offspring is an adult. I know that sometimes our offspring find it hard to understand that we have needs as well.
ReplyDeleteTalk to the girl, tell her that you and her dad need quality time together, she's your daughter, she should be bright enough to pick up on a hint.
Suggest that at least twice a week you have the evening to yourselves.
Otherwise there is always the great outdoors and motels/hotels.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Eva, lots of good advice here. Be creative. Like everyone says, she is an adult. She's probably going to be out a lot. Tell her you'll need some space. She will understand.
ReplyDeleteWe're empty nesters and my 27 year old keeps popping in or calling at the worst darn times (or what should be the best). I just try to keep my chin up. Its hard sometimes but don't give up on yourself.
Debbie :)
A lot of good suggestions have been made, and I will add one item that comes to mind. Be flexible!!!! Unless you really know ahead that she has firm plans to be out, don't make plans. Take advantage of chances for a quick spanking and sex. Daughter goes out the door, you head for the bedroom. Daughter takes a long shower, see if you can get in some fun time. Find your quietest toys and make use of them! Best of luck to you, Spanky and I have dealt with this issue and maintained our streak. We don't have that furnace issue though....
ReplyDeleteI will definitely be sending good thoughts your way and wish you the very best!
Hugs,
Kallisto
By the way, I was reading some of your posts I had missed while I was catching up, and saw your question about bungee cords. My experience--they are very quiet. They can be very stingy, and watch out that the cord doesn't curl around the hip, as that really hurts. Because it is doubled up, one gets neat little loopy marks. It is possible to use it lightly and so make it not as stingy. Play around with different length bungees, to find one that works for you---if you are still even willing to give it a try!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
I found your blog a few weeks ago and have been reading along since then :)
ReplyDeleteI spent 5 years in a spanking relationship with kids in the house... been there, done that, and know some tricks LOL! Thankfully they grew up and moved out, so I've had the last 3 years with no one to interupt the mood so to speak.
When my daughter and granddaughter came to visit I was lucky that it only cramped our style for a week!
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I love them all. As we all no, even the no tell motel can be expensive if we spent too much time there!! ROFL I'm just looking forward to the road trip in June!!!
ReplyDeleteTerri, stick around! Summer's coming and that means all the teachers will be out to play!! Right twin?
Hugs to everyone!!
Eva
I'm with Elis and Theresa, just tell her you need a few hours alone. She wasn't born through emaculate conception!
ReplyDeleteCindy has an awesome open relationship with her kids, so maybe we're a bit spoiled. But they seem to understand without getting grossed out too badly!
Hugs,
Dave
Hey, Eva, everyone has such good suggestions! I think the main thing, though, is to let your daughter know that things are different, now. You and Adam have grown used to being on your own! That means she needs to tell you how long she expects to be out of the house when she leaves, when she's going out, and that as a grown up, you'd like her to respect your privacy. You can't be expected to suddenly change all your habits just because she's there. Rearranging your "schedule" is enough without having to do everything on the whim of someone else's timeframes. I know that she's your daughter and you want her to feel welcome in your home, and she will, but if you don't set the rules to begin with, you'll get frustrated very quickly by this! You'll be hoping and praying that she goes out for a while, instead of enjoying your time with her, and anticipating a set time frame that she'll be gone. Just my opinion, LOL, and what I'd do if it were me.
ReplyDeleteEva,
ReplyDeleteWe have four 16-20 yr. olds semi-adults in the house and yes Ellis, Therasa and Ressa are right you can just tell her you need a night in alone, we call it putting the red tie on the door but they always seems to come back too early & look at us funny. What we have discovered is that teenager types are not early risers and usually will slept through anything (like alarms & such) so we just have our fun in the morning while they are sound asleep! We old folk are used to geeting up early for things not 1/2 as fun!
Sally
I can't speak for what it feels like to have a 'grown' kid interrupting spanko moments, however CM and I have been living with our folks until we get on our feet.
ReplyDeleteIt's a nightmare, a complete and utter nightmare. When is there chance to do anything private?
Your daughter probably feels the same way lol, wanting to be with her boyfriends and indulging in acts which exclude parents.
That is why sometimes it is good to know that at one time (at least) in a week, maybe your daughter could go out and leave you alone? Or like terri mentioned you guys go to a hotel?
Spankings in cars are fun, and rather thrilling! You both know why you're going out, and then suddenly 'he' pulls over and begins laying into your ass...
Just make sure it is somewhere kinda secluded, wouldn't want to get thrown in jail or caught by passers by?!
Other than that, try loud music or tv and locking your bedroom door. Your daughter must understand you both still have sex, and play? If she was wise (which i'm sure she is) she would just turn up her stereo too?!
Anyway, it isn't long that she's with you. And i'm sure you'll find a way to participate in spankings, all spanko's do ;-)
Big hugs and good luck...
Em x
You all are right and I know it. I guess I just like our total freedom and don't want to go back to having others in the house. I love my daughter and am glad she's coming home but I do hope she spends plenty of time disrupting her older sister and brother in law's sex life too. Kidding. I'm sure though that we'll get plenty of time to ourselves and if we don't? I do know of some back roads around here.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your comments!!! And welcome to you new commentors!! Please keep speaking up!
Love and hugs~
Eva
Eva ... like you, I love my kids to death, and like you, I'm very used to being on my own now! Sometimes the chaos and noise and comings and goings of them ... I don't know how I'll get through! But ... I always manage too. And when Dave is here and we're working around them ... all I can say is grab every moment you can ... and be very willing to laugh a lot of the stress off. Otherwise it gets all messed up inside you!
ReplyDeleteIt'll all work out ... somehow!
Hugs! And good luck!
Cindy