Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Night Before We Left


I couldn't help it.

There were many last minute details and things to take care of. It - feeling overwhelmed - was enough to make anyone cranky. I thought I had remembered everything. I had things piled by the door ready to load into the car.

But the stress.... did I remember my meds? Where was the money? The Credit cards?

And then there was the stress of making sure all electrical things were turned off.... the cats had to be cared for... the mail....


Stress. I guess this sort is necessary in order to achieve the relaxation desired.

And you know, Adam is getting better and better at this lifestyle. He decided the night before we left that I was entirely too cranky for his taste. He said something about needing to start the vacation off right.


Shortly after his decision he was sound asleep. And I was at the computer sitting on a pillow.

It amazes me how far he's come. When I first made it known to him that I wanted/needed this lifestyle he was rather.... well... wimpy about it.

Don't get me wrong. I do appreciate the fact that he didn't want to hurt me but really I knew it was supposed to hurt. I WANTED it to hurt. And in time he has come to see that.

And you know what else? He's starting to see that it's within his power to adjust my mood with a few... or many... good hard swings of nearly anything. And it amazed me as I sat there that night before we left tying up loose ends on the computer just how much my mood had changed.

The best part is knowing that he sees it now. He knows that bad, cranky mood swings can easily be dealt with. He is able to tell now when I need spanked and that is so awesome. He even sees it sometimes before I get that "please spank me" feeling.

So I'm rambling but my point here is that before the vacation even started he had me over his knee.... right where I belong and long to be.

More tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

  1. Eva,
    I think this is wonderful. I like to here when things are working the way they should.

    I am feeling the opposite today. I'm feeling a bit alone and like walling my self off again. Habits of 20 years are easy to fall back into. Would Nick spank me if he knew I was crabby? Who knows? I still don't usually let him know how I feel.

    I'm just feeling a bit off today. I'll get over it.

    So glad you are back.

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elis~ Do yourself a favor and make sure Nick reads what you just said here!!!! And then hand him that flogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice Eva, more or less what I've been telling her.
    Great post, seems like you and Adam are really getting it together. I'm really happy for you both,
    Big hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thrilled to hear just how well you both are adapting to this lifestyle, Eva!!

    And I'm especially glad that you are able to get what you need while getting your negative moods under control quickly and concisely.

    Big hugs and welcome back... sorry for your picture-loading troubles. I went through some of my own. I didn't follow your link but my trick was to start creating posts in Firefox rather than IE.

    Hugs and love,
    Tigger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who's a lucky girl then??? Lol.

    Hugs
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. No you aren't rambling, I love hearing it. I hope someday to be sitting here writing to you guys, sitting on a pillow! I am leaving for a week in Atlanta on Monday. I have three days to prepare. Similar to what you went through. I know I will stress, and fret also. I also have to put a house in order so an 18 year old boy can function alone (well alone with 3 cats) and eat more than chips and pizza rolls. I take it the trip was great?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for your comments!! Stay tuned. I can't wait to post more details!!

    ReplyDelete