Saturday, August 12, 2006

Under Construction


Welcome to my new home!!! SuZQ inspired me. Her blog is so lovely!!

I wanted something that was a little more unique looking. Took me a few days to find this particular template but I like it. It's crisp and simple. Lots of white space. I hope that you like it, too.

Let me show you around... there's a few things I would like to point out. First off, I know you are intelligent enough to figure these things out for yourself but honestly, I didn't want you all thinking I hadn't noticed some things.

Yes, there are things that bug me about this. First off, the font was teeny tiny when I first published. Even with my bifocals it was too small to read. I went through my most recent posts and changed the font to large or huge. If anyone knows how to permanently change that, do tell. I scrolled through the template looking for what might be it but no luck.

(Where's
Bonnie when ya need her? Oh, off getting her ass spanked by Randy. Sheesh. I see how it is!!)

I got bored with changing the posts individually so I quit. I apologize. If you go back further than a week or so from here, it's gonna be small. Get the glasses on!!

Also, the font on my blog roll is small too but I'm getting used to that and might leave it even if I do figure out how to change it. I'm annoyed by blog names that take up two lines on blog rolls and tend to abbreviate them. It's nothing personal. Heck, my own is too long and I am seriously considering changing the name to just "Nothing Random" so that those of you who insist on using the entire name on your blog roll will get it to fit on one line. Kidding. It's your blog roll. You do it however you like.

Another thing that is kind of bothering me about this new look is the way the comments work. I don't like it!!!! I like just the pop up thing so once I click on comments I have to click on post a comment just to read them. They look too jumbled without the avatars.

And speaking of avatars....

I actually had planned on changing mine soon. I'd picked 3 and was going to have you all vote in a poll however, since my spoons were HUGE in this new template and I couldn't figure out how to fix that I just went ahead and changed it. Like it? (
CeeCi, I had you in mind when I chose it ROFL)

One more thing which bothers me about the comments. When you go to comment it takes you away from my main blog page. I hate that. To alleviate my own stress over it, I created a link in my links. I wanted it to be the first on the list so I called it "A main page for me." It's there for my convenience but yours too if it works for you. Also, another way to get back to the main page, they offer you a "home" link at the top OR you can simply click on the title "Nothing Random...." at the top of any page.

Okay. I think that's everything. I hope you like this look. If not... well... tough. No seriously, I suppose if I were to get complaints about it, I would change back.

Rambling.

Bye. (and be sure to scroll down a hair... you've just GOT to see this video clip)

8 comments:

  1. I love then new picture, its perfect! I'll admit the font is a bit of a challenge for my bifocals. But I will keep reading even if I have to get a magnifying glass! I really looks sharp!

    Love ya,
    elis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva:: I love the new avatar!!! Hehehe! The page looks really nice. Um, would you like some help with some of the things that are bothering you? I'm like the resident template tweaker on the block, my site is in a constant state of flux. I can see any number of changes that might help with some of the things that are bothering you. Just let me know and I'll see what I can do...but if you'd rather figure things out on your own...go for it, you'll learn a great deal in the process.

    **Big Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Eva.. I love where you're going with this! It looks a little more unique now and is starting to show some of your personality. I love the new avatar, too! I hope you're putting those spoons to good use, though. ;)

    I see you have an offer of help from our resident template tweaker and interior decorator. I wouldn't pass that up but I'll be glad to hold the ladder or do some painting if you need me.

    Oh! I nearly wet my pants watching the video you posted! Thanks for the giggles... I needed them.

    *huggs* -SuZQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elis~ I may not keep this template because of the small font. I really like it other than that though so we'll see.

    SuZQ & CeeCi~ I appreciate your offer!! But I don't want you wasting your time on this. If it's a simple fix, that's fine. I'm not worried about the sidebar. I can live with that. I can also live with changing the size when I publish. The only real problem I see with it now is here in the comments. I think I can live with it... for a little while anyhow. This is my first blog ever so I don't know much. I thought blogs were for idiots. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eva, I love the new template especially the font size, makes reading so much easier for elderly gents such as me to read.
    Love the new avatar, it has a simplicity which is beguiling.
    Have a great week-end.
    Hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, crisp new look, Eva. Best of luck with it. Changing templates can be exasperating, but rewarding when done. I know.

    :)
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul~ Thanks!! I'm going to try to remember to enlarge the font as much as possible. Unfortunately I can't do it here in comments but I can for my posts.

    Mitch~ Nice to see you again1 Yes, it's rewarding. I am so new to blogging it's not even funny so I don't know much about it. For the time being, I think I like this template!! Keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I think is one of those "you had to be there" type situations! I can't even remember you pre CeeCi blog anymore!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete