
I don't know how it happened exactly. Let me back track. Maybe I can figure it out. One morning last week I woke at 3:30 to go to the bathroom. I slid back into bed and as I was drifting off to sleep I rolled onto my right side. He then spooned up against me and put both arms around me. It was cozy. Comfortable. Safe and Secure. We stayed that way a while.
About 4:00 we parted. I rolled to my side. He, to his. And then he got up. I figured it was his turn to make the bathroom run.
Only he didn't return.
Now I know he's busy at work and has a million and two things running through his brain but he's never been one to not be able to milk every minute of sleep out of the night.
When I came downstairs he was on the computer reading someone's blog. He said he couldn't sleep, that there was too much running through his mind so he got up to write down all the things he has to do today. I asked if he was coming back to bed or up to stay. He said he was up to stay, that he was going to get his shower, do some paperwork and leave early. Then he said something about how a stack of pancakes might taste good.
I've been fixing him a good breakfast the past week or so because who knows when he'll get a chance to eat again. Anyhow, we had a nice breakfast together after his shower. Yes it was early but we haven't had much time together so I didn't mind. I could always go back to bed later.
I don't know how it happened. No wait. Yes. I do know.
He said "That conference is next week that you said you'd go to."
"Oh, goodie."
"You don't want to go?"
"You know me well."
"Then why'd you say you'd go?"
"Probably cuz you were hounding me about it at the time."
"Well if you don't want to go, don't."
"Of course I don't want to go."
"But you said you would."
"That doesn't mean I want to go."
"Then Don't."
"Okay, I won't."
"But you said...."
"I'll GOOOO!"
At that point he went to do his paperwork and we didn't speak the rest of the time he was here.
We haven't snapped at each other like that in a long, long time. As I sat in one room on the computer and he sat in another doing his paperwork, I'm thinking "Gee, this would make a mighty fine time for that spanking that I don't want."
And I admit, I'm writing about it because I know he'll read it and I need/want him to know that I would have submitted at that moment.
I wonder if it crossed his mind?
Babe, you owe me one.
Oh I hoped it crossed his mind. That would be half the battle. If he walked off this morning think "she needs her butt warmed!" that would be a great beginning. And just maybe it did cross his mind. The thought today may just become action tomorrow. He's reading, you're reading and girl, it's coming. You better brace yourself!
ReplyDeleteElis
if it hasn't crossed his mind, it will from now on....
ReplyDeleteEVERY time i snap at storm, even playfully, i get reminded that he spanks...either verbally or a simple smack...
do you think you snapped at him so he would give you a spanking???
Yep - that's a spankable offense! Present backside! lol I bet you'll get your just desserts, not to worry! But the final question is - will she or won't she attend the conference? Diane
ReplyDeleteEva,
ReplyDeleteBe careful what you ask for!! Tigger and I will soon be laughing our tails off when you and Elis are blogging while sitting on pillow! Your day is coming!!
Love,
Cassie
We've had times like that, and later, I'll ask Bossman if he thought of spanking me. He usually says yes, but that he didn't have time, or he didn't think I would submit, or that it would be a bigger fight that he just didn't want to have.
ReplyDeleteWonder if he thought of any of those things?
HUGS!
Elis~ I can only hope you're right.
ReplyDeleteWind Walker~ hmmm interesting question and I honestly don't know. If I did, it wasn't intentional.
Diana~ The jury is still out on the whole conference thing. It's later this week. That conversation actually took place last week. But I am anxious to see if he has any response to this when he reads it.
Cassie~ Actually I got spanked pretty good last night. And if he reads this today... well, I'll get back to you about that pillow.
Grace~ My guess is that all those things you just suggested did for sure go through his mind. I'll let you know if he says anything about this post. I have a feeling that the day is coming when he will require my backside in situations like these.
Did you get the spanking? I am so like you when it comes to these things. I don't even like to go to my own works functions. Hey after 5 is my time.
ReplyDeleteWe mostly do things at work, and that is more fun to me. I have always felt so uncomfortable at Michael's school functions too. There aren't alot of single mom's in private school. Actually besides me there have been 3 others. They did not make it. Their kids are no longer there.
I am amazed I made it! Let's just stay home and blog!
Hugs
Theresa