I'm not sure exactly where this post will go. I'm feeling random today.At the end of the trip we spent the last two nights at a beautiful old inn where we celebrated our wedding anniversary. It was calm. Peaceful. There was not much to do but spend time with each other watching the river go buy. Literally, we could spit in it from our balcony window. We didn't. We just could have if we'd wanted to.
We did take a morning and travel to a quaint large small town (or maybe it's a small large town) about 40 miles from where we were staying. That was fun. We walked across one of our country's major rivers on a foot bridge. That was a bit scary. I don't like heights. I also don't like water if I can't stand in it and see my toes. In other words, if it's not swimming pool blue, it kind of freaks me out. Still it was fun.
We ate lunch at a tavern that specialized in fried bologna sandwiches. Okay so it's not the best healthy thing to eat for lunch but it sure was good. The bologna was about a quarter inch thick and topped with tons of things. Good stuff.
It was just a nice, nice trip filled with nice random moments.
The room was beautiful complete with a jacuzzi large enough for a party. Although I don't think you'd want more than two people in it. There was a sign posted that said something about "to avoid embarrassment don't sit in front of where the water flows into the tub" ...not the jets. It didn't mean that. It meant when you fill it or run the jets and the water cycles. Apparently if you sit in front of those two places the water backs up and floods the dinning room below and they have to call and tell you to move away from those danger areas.
Needless to say we were plenty cautious about that. Remember that "third toy" I promised to blog about? Yes? Well I'm getting to that... planning it for the day after tomorrow. Anyhow. after we used this third toy for the first time we got in the tub and stayed there for a long time..... until the water got cold. It was nice. We talked and laughed and just enjoyed the time.
The walls were thick so the spanking that first night was uninhibited. That was when Adam's comfort level with the crop began to settle in. He delivered blows at varying intensity levels and for me, that's the ultimate... to just not know what's coming next.
On our last morning, as we lay in bed talking about the final leg of the trip home and how very MUCH we did NOT want to go home Adam was the first to make the effort to get ready to leave. I guess maybe you had to be there but we got to talking about this blog and he told me that he's so glad that I didn't hide it from him and that he's able to read it every day. Yeah, me too. But then as he got out of bed, he smacked my bottom hard and said "Blog THAT!!"
I guess that was special to me because there was a time when we didn't get along. This went on starting at about year 11 of our marriage. He seemed to resent and want to control every move I made. Finally about year 20 he woke up and realized how he was on the edge of destroying us and that wasn't at all what he wanted. It wasn't what I wanted either but I didn't know how to tell him... to get through to him. It wasn't for lack of trying, that's for sure. I think maybe it was just something he had to see on his own.
When he finally woke up and started to make changes, I didn't trust him one bit. It took over a year of him behaving perfectly before I began to relax. We talked about how there was a time I couldn't have let him know about this type of blog. I would have had to hide it from him. He would have found out. We would have fought about it. It's only been recently that I've been able to NOT tense up and feel the old suffocation when I see him reading it or if he asks me about something in it.
It's nice. This blog is actually just one more thing that he and I can openly share and I'm so very glad. It's nice to have him see what I'm truly trying to say about our relationship. It's nice when he doesn't quiz me about things I've said in it and make me feel that I'm being interrogated. We've come a long, long way baby!! I love him so very much. I've said something similar before but I want to say it again... even though I always loved him, I for sure have not always liked him. I do like him now. He's my bestest bud.
I guess too it saddens me to think what many couples miss out on. Now I know... there are some times when there's no option but to divorce, but I also know that many couples call it quits because they think it's over when they hit rough spots. Our rough spot was 9 years long followed by 2 years of uphill climbing (which is when I began to like him again). But here we are now free falling miles above the mountains and the view is spectacular.

Tomorrow... August twenty ninth... that's the day.
Happy 25th babe, I'd do it all over again if you asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And yes, the pictures were taken on this last part of our trip.
Oh Eva, I love reading your blog. You and Adam sound so happy now that you've turned things around. I wish I could have done the same with my ex (we were married almost 27 years), but there was just too much bad water under the bridge for us. It does my heart good to see such a happy ending. Or is that a beginning?
ReplyDelete*winks and smiles* --SuZQ
Eva,
ReplyDeleteAwwww, that's so sweet. Here's wishing you many, many more (years, vacations, and spankings, that is).
Hugs,
Bonnie
You know you've had a great vacation when you don't want to come home.
ReplyDeleteBossman and I went through some rough patches too. Luckily there was only about 3 or 4 really bad years for us. I too, feel bad for people that don't make it through. It's a tough path, but in the end it's definatly worth it! :)
HUGS!
Grace
Wow!
ReplyDeleteI've just played catch up on your blog Eva! You had such a great time and have grown so much - WTG!!! How marvellous that Adam totally entered into the spirit of everything you did together!! Make sure you have a cold shower before you start work again. (BTW, I'd have been instantly recognisable, dressed in something kinky and shiny!!!)
Hugs
Sky
I love the way you write of your relationship with Adam. The feelings are real to me through your words. That's what I want for HonBun & I. :) D
ReplyDeleteGood morning Eva (and Adam),
ReplyDeleteI know you're off at work (happy first day) but wanted to pop in for a quick visit.
You have no idea how much we have in common. I'd guessed that before but reading your story is like paralleling my own life and relationship with Dante in so many ways. Oh, the nuances are different (me being the village idiot in the marriage, etc.) but the pillars of both stories are the same:
- flailing relationship
- lack of trust, like, interest or anuy idea HOW to make it better
- grasping in the dark, trying something new, trying just one more time
- VOILA! Happy, contented spankos who can now not only like each other but trust and grow and share TOGETHER!!
Pretty damn cool, ain't it!?
Big hugs and happy, happy anniversary to you both!
Tigger
A nice happy post Eva, I'm so glad that you had a good break, but more much more glad that you and Adam have repaired you marriage.
ReplyDeleteIt saddens me greatly when I see a marriage break up because things get difficult and they don't know how to fix it.
Thanks for sharing Eva and enjoy the week,
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Happy Anniversary Adam and Eva!! The courage and love it took for the two of you to find your place together again are truly inspirational. It takes time to heal wounds. It takes trust to re-establish what was damaged. It takes courage to even begin. The two of you have rescued something wonderful...your marriage.
ReplyDeleteIt's your first day back to work after a wonderful and eventful summer. I hope the day went well and that life will transition smoothly from one season to the next.
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
SuZQ~ It's funny that you say that cuz just yesterday I told Adam that I hated to see it all end... meaning this glorious summer. He said "How do you know it's an end and not a beginning? He's right. It is indeed a beginning.
ReplyDeleteBonnie~ Thanks!!!
Grace~ Amen to both your statements!! I feel bad though for those who can't work it out.
Sky~ Don't I know it. I would have recognized you in a heart beat but seeing as how I was pretty certain you were on the other side of the pond that night and I didn't see anything shiny.... LOL
D~ I'm glad you can relate!! It's helps to know I have friends out there that are pretty much like myself. I always thought I was the weird one!!!
Tigger~ Yes indeed... pretty damn cool!!
Paul~ Thank you! You know, I think the solution is simple but we human beings are often stubborn and just don't want to be the one to make the first move. It's not easy to repair a broken relationship because both of us had to forget and forgive all past hurts. That's not easy when you feel like "Yes, but do you know WHAT he (or she) did to me?" We tend to want to feel justified in hanging onto the wounds when in reality hanging on like that is the worst wound of all because it's self inflicted!!
CeeCi~ The day went okay. Started off with me forgetting to take my meds (not a good day to forget them) and went down hill from there. Long story. It can only get better tomorrow. Then again, today was just meetings and stuff. The kids come tomorrow!! LOL I can't wait... I love being with the kids. It's all the other crap we have to do that annoys me!!
Eva
PS EVERYONE ~ did ya notice I took word verification off? I thought it might help out the beta vs not beta situation. I will leave them off as long as I'm not getting spammed or anything.
Eva, hope tomorrow is better, but just for you, check out my newest post!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
grace
Grace~ I love it!!
ReplyDeleteEva
Happy Anniversary. What a lovely trip and story!
ReplyDeleteLate start today. Second day with kids! That was a long time to stay in a marriage that wasn't what you wanted. What a blessing you have both received for your persistents!! I wouldn't have said our marriage had any rough spots. We have always been pleasant and nice to each other. If either of us was ever really mad the other never knew it. In fact I only see us as dull through the first 20 some years. I don't see us as dull now!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! on the big day!
Elis
Theresa~ Thank you!! I just can't believe it's been so many years!!
ReplyDeleteElis~ Tomorrow's my first day with the little darlin's. Can't wait!! The first day is so much fun. So's the last. The ones in between? LOL
You and Nick? Dull? Nah. Never. You were probably fine as you were... just a little spicier now!!