.... was the day I met my husband. Life had dealt me some pretty serious blows for my young age. Finally something good was happening. As we dated and got to know each other I realized that he was (and still is) "the one."No one had ever made me smile as he did. No one had ever taken the time to ask me how I was doing and then listen when I tried to say "I'm hurting." But wait... I think maybe the best day of my life might have been .....
.... our wedding day. That was the day I realized that even though the past had been filled with pain and cruelty, the future was not so. The future was bright, happy, and inviting. I stepped into that very future with him nearly twenty five years ago and have never looked back.
But now that I think about it I believe the best days of my life might have been when our children were each born. There were no worries then. Only love. Tomorrow never seemed to matter and yesterday was gone. Life was complete. I finally had a family..... my OWN family..... a husband, some kids, a cat, a dog and a white picket fence.
But then the turmoil began. The man I met and fell in love with wasn't so attractive any longer. I'm sure I wasn't all that attractive to him either. And the kids? They whined. They cried. They fought with one another. And me? I just didn't care. I withdrew into my own little shell and just muddled through day after day the best I could.
Don't get me wrong. Those times weren't horrible. They just weren't what I thought my life was going to be. Over time though as the kids grew and didn't fight as much and one by one moved out of the house, life began to turn around. There was still something missing though. There was no connection to him. I longed to live in a world of deep love, trust, and desire for and in him.
That's where this life of spanking comes in. That was our missing link. When he picked the paddle up and started using it often the love, trust, and desire that I longed for caught fire. Maybe THAT was the best day of my life.
Suddenly where I used to hold back thoughts and emotions from him, I am pouring them out. And suddenly when we make love, I can't get close enough to him. And in the middle of the night we now sometimes wake tangled so tightly in each other that it seems we must make love again in order to untangle ourselves.
Or sometimes I wake up and we are simply holding hands under the sheets.
And suddenly it has all come together. I am his. Completely his. My life is his. My thoughts are his. My spankings... they are his, too. I always knew I loved him but I had forgotten how much I like him.
His.
And his alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And the following has absolutely nothing to do with spanking. It just makes me happy.
Make sure your sound is on for this!!
80 Parachuters Pyramid - video powered by Metacafe
What an uplifting post! It gets tiring to go to a blog and all it winds up being is one whine after another. Your blog is a refreshing change :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and Hi :) I'm new here.
Eva- how good this is! I will most definitely have Nick reading here today! How true about the middle of the marriage, any marriage. But I suspect so many people as the kids leave never make the connection again. How sad and what a waste. I am so happy that you two got it right!! Yeah for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteElis
Eva - i can identify with the mid marriage slump. Hub & I drifted, mostly due to his working on the road 5 days a week. But something else happened. I stopped needing him. I controled my life, completely. We had little to no interaction on the weekends when he was home, as he was exhausted. He even attempted to introduce me to spanking way back then - I was the truest form of vanilla possible - oh, the horrors! It has taken a move to another state and 6 years for me to realize, once again, that he is my soulmate, best friend, lover and Dom. This spanking has opened our relationship and we are closer than ever, freer and open. It feels so real, natural, positive - for a change. Love your post - a true love story. How rare these days. Diane
ReplyDeleteWonderful post and really cool video...I've always wanted to skydive.
ReplyDeleteIsn't is amazing how the reality of life can take us away from our dreams of love? The things we're told are important and must happen lead away from that which truly sustains our life, our intimate relationship. When we lose that connection, we lose our connection to self. Life is something to get through, each day blending numbingly into the next.
Your story reinforces what so many of us are learning, what so many that have come before us already know, when we accept and speak of our desires, when we acknowledge that we love and we are loved, then magic happens...kind of like the video you shared with us.
**Big Hugs**
This is my first comment here, but not my first time reading. I'm off to add you to my blogroll (daily reading list) now.
I can relate to this post very well.
ReplyDeleteI don't know why, the past couple of days when I clicked on your link it didn't refresh to the newest post, so I missed a bunch of posts thinking you hadn't written anything new...bad blogger bad bad blogger!!!
hugs
Lady Calliah~ thank you for your kind words and for stopping by. I do hope you'll come back often!!
ReplyDeleteElis~ I think making that reconnection really has to be a choice made by both people in the relationship. I thank God for what He's done in ours!!
Diane~ It's so very nice to hear that you too are making the steps in the positive direction of your marriage! Relationships are better as they age. I wouldn't want to go looking for a new one for anything!!
Ceeci~ Glad you saw the connection between my post and the video. I was dying to show that a few days ago but saved it for this post. It just seemed to fit. And I think it all comes down to not taking one another for granted. When I stopped and thought about how this won't last forever, that what we have is a gift... it smacked me right between the eyes and I started living like today was my last with him. That made all the difference. Btw, thank you for speaking up. I hope you will more often!!
Grace~ who you callin' a bad blogger? ROFL Did you get the link fixed?
Eva,
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping your best day will be tomorrow, and topped by the day after!
Hugs,
Bonnie
Bonnie~ Backatcha!!
ReplyDelete