We were on our way to a rather important event yesterday....a wedding. On the way there, Adam and I were talking. I mentioned to him something I had read in someone's blog recently. He asked questions. He listened to the answers I gave. And then finally he asked. . . "Do YOU have a blog?"Now how did I not see THAT coming?
Personally, I think I was framed by my own subconscious mind which always seems to want to be busted. Lie. Don't lie. Lie. Don't lie. What to do... what to do.
Why would a spankee even consider such deceit as lying to her spanker? I quickly played out both scenarios in my mind....I had to act quickly. Hmmm... Tell the truth and end up with a butt warming for putting the intimate details of our life out there for the whole world to see. OR lie and end up with a butt warming when the truth eventually comes out.
I quickly opted for the truth because ... well, I would never lie to him anyhow. Besides, for all I knew he might have already found my blog and just been giving me the upfront chance to fess up.
The day was long and very busy as we were helping friends with all the details of their son's wedding. It's a very long story as to why the bride's family wasn't doing the normal bride's family part, but they weren't and that was okay. Anyhow, we were exhausted by the time we got home so we didn't do much talking. Other than him asking earlier in the day and my giving him the affirmative about this blog, we didn't say much.
And then he was up before me this morning. When I came down the stairs he was on the computer.... and MY blog was on the screen. My first thought was to turn around and head right back to bed. I approached him though, kissed him lightly and thanked him for last night. He turned to me and said "nice blog."
Those words could mean nearly anything but I think he truly meant "nice blog."
Today is another busy day. He's already out of the house. I have somewhere to go soon also. Later, we have a lunch date. After that we have some volunteer work to do. And then finally, when night time comes, I will find out what's on his mind. Honestly though I'd be very surprised if he's angry.
He said something about how we have played around with this lifestyle before but then it's faded (or something along those lines) and I'm not quite sure what he was getting at since there was no time to talk. I think, however, that he's perhaps confused by my complexity... my moods. He doesn't give spankings that I don't want and I'm fairly certain he thinks to do so would be abuse.
No, I'm not in the mood for a spanking every day but you know what? I've often thought "he really needs to just spank me for _____ ." I think I see the issue. It's one thing to spank when it's sexual and I'm saying "more more more." And honestly those kind are easier for me to ask for. It's another thing to spank if I'm saying "No, no, no."
At those moments when I'm being bitchy I am also asking for a spanking. I don't think he sees those moments as consensual though. Soooo... knowing that he is going to read this... I'm wondering if maybe it's time to explain to him that YES, yes, yes. I consent. If he thinks I need a spanking or if he's just in the mood to spank, it's OKAY. He doesn't need my immediate permission to spank me because he has that permission already.
I surrender and submit. I need the spankings that I don't actually want. I need him to take charge with confidence. I need him to not let me defy him. I need him to remind me of this writing. I need him to ignore me when I tell him no and spank me anyhow. I need him to take me at my word when I say forever and always I wish to submit..... even when it's not easy... even when I don't want to. And I want the spankings that I don't want.
Complex? How does one say "Hey, while I'm here in my spanko submissive mood I'm telling you that I want you to go ahead and spank me when I'm not in that mood? When I don't want it?"
When I don't want it, I need it more than when I do want it. And those are the times when I wish he wouldn't quit until I've released the tears.
Yes it's complicated but I'm not giving up. I'm turning my will over to him knowing that yes, he's man enough to break my will even when I appear to not want it broken. It's a choice I made a long, long time ago. Nothing's changed. It's just time to step up to the next level and live it.
Does one word of all this rambling even begin to make sense?
Eva,
ReplyDeleteIt makes perfect sense to me, because what you describe is very close to the arrangement I share with Randy. If he says I need a spanking, then a spanking I receive. I might not fully appreciate it at the moment, but I am grateful afterward, and Randy always loves the way I demonstrate gratitude...
I believe you have a spanking coming soon. Here's hoping it's a good one!
Hugs,
Bonnie
Please crawl out of my head, its a bit crowd in here with both of us. Really you have said everything I think and feel! My husband is very new at this and just does not understand yet. At least he seems willing to learn.
ReplyDeleteThanks for a wonderful post. I will have my guy read it.
elis
Bonnie - Thanks (I think). I am looking forward to the growth that is coming our way in this area.
ReplyDeleteelis - isn't it amazing how so many of us - once we decide to talk about it - find we think almost identically? I'm finding a lot of comfort in knowing I'm not alone!
Bossman and I don't talk much about my blog, but I know he reads it. My blog has helped him to understand me better. Hopefully you will find the same thing happens to you.
ReplyDeleteNice blog! I'll be back!
grace
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI have thought of that and am hoping that happens. I know I have to confuse the heck out of him at times so I've been making a conscious effort to stay consistent because I think it will build his confidence and boldness.
This was the post that I had my husband read because it was so much how I was feeling. But then I got the following email from him and I am so confused on how to answer. (I left this on Bonnie's site too. I'll take any suggestions you might have on how to proceed.) As I told Bonnie the answer to each of his questions is probably : yes.
ReplyDeleteHere is his email: Complexity is right. After more reading I am not sure whether I am more or less confused. Is this a fantasy erotic roll play, the physical response (increased circulation), the voluntary but temporary surrender of control, (and the associated permission to be a wanton hussy), or a true and full time surrender of a submissive? Or is it different things at different times or different things for each individual? Tylenol please.
He summed it up well. But now that the ball is in my court, where do I kick it??
Elis
Elis,
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, it's all those things. What's hard I think for my husband is coming to terms (he's getting there) with the idea that even when I'm saying "don't you dare touch me" I'm still saying "I told you once and for all that I surrender to you and I allow you to spank me/discipline me whenever, however you see fit."
For me it's about coming through to the other side when in reality we should have been divorced. My love and trust has grown enormously and the only gift I can give him that displays that adequately is my submission. It's not an easy gift to give. I'm a strong willed person and when I give him this gift what I'm really saying is "I love you, I trust you, I want you, I give you my absolute all even when I'm being a bitch."
I will not brat my way into a spanking just to prove I submit in the bitchy times but I have made a choice that I will submit to him no matter what my mood. It's become a part of me and I know that I know that I know I will submit no matter what... and if I don't... I can only hope he says "Okay fine... you let me know when you're ready for this spanking. Right now it stands at XX strokes and will have 10 added to it each day that you wait." And I know at that point, I would submit.
I need him to commit and persist... and to talk talk talk. have you read the article about "how to tell your thick headed husband" on the LDD-4-me blog? If not, give it a read. It's good. I need to have my own hubby read it, come to think of it.
This is long for a comment... sorry.
Oh man this was incredible. Looks like it was your first PK comment.
ReplyDeleteI loved what Nick wrote. I thinks he summed it up nicely. Sometimes we women confuse the hell out of them!
It's only mid July!
Yup... that's this is the one when she asked me to climb out of her head. LOL Gotta love her, huh?
ReplyDelete