
A couple we know recently split. Actually, she left.
He's heartbroken.
It's sad.
She took the furniture. She got her own place. She won't tell her children where she is. They are all grown but devastated all the same.
He's 12 years older than her. They've been married a lot of years. They have 3 children. The youngest is nearly 22. She claims he's not passionate enough and he honestly doesn't know what she wants. Or needs.
I'm wondering if she's ever found the way to build up the courage and just tell him...... Out and out tell him. If we can't tell our husbands what we need, is it right to walk out when they don't provide it and then accuse them of lacking passion?
It's not like he's standing there saying "She told me she wanted this or that but I just couldn't provide it." Oh, no. It's not like that. he's standing there in tears saying "I never saw this coming. I have no idea what she needs from me."
And I would love to be able to say to him "have you ever put her over your knee and gone at her ass until she cries?" But of course I could never say such a thing even though I'd like to... and even though as a spankee I think a good butt warming is the answer to everything. I know. I know. It's probably not the answer to everything for many people but in my world it is. And if I were to walk away from my husband like that I'm pretty certain he would come after me and put me over his knee.
On the other hand, as long as he's putting me over his knee anyhow, I'm not going anywhere. Why would I walk away from what is turning into the best season of my life? That would just be dumb. Then again, I've managed to lay my pride aside and tell my husband what - exactly - I want. He's happy to indulge me often. And life is good.
So to our friends... I say, "Spank her. Spank her often. She'll come home and not leave again if you do." Gee, I wish I could openly say what I feel. It could, after all, repair a very broken marriage.
Then again, it just might finish it off.
And I don't want that.
Amen! Amen! Amen! You are so good at getting right to the point. We have been married a long time and sometimes young couples ask us what our secret is. I can't tell them and I want to SO BADLY!!
ReplyDeleteI check your blog daily. I just love it.
Cassie
Cassie-
ReplyDeleteI love your blog also. I'm learning a lot from you and all these other bloggers.
Eva
"Gee, I wish I could openly say what I feel."
ReplyDeleteEva, I believe you just did...
Hugs,
Bonnie
Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteHmmm.. I guess I did... but not to the ones I want to say it to. :(
This was good. Did you ever ask that friend if she told her husband what she needed?
ReplyDeleteI spend every phone conversation telling Will what I need.
He has gone from saying "Ok I can do that....to.... I'm putting it on the list!"
Actually she has disappeared from our lives and we are working to mend his broken heart. It's pretty sad and there's not much we can do. I haven't spoken to her. Shoot, her own kids won't speak to her.
ReplyDelete