Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Answers




And I know you've all been waiting for the answers with solutions!!!

  • Tigger and Elis were bad girls last month and got their butts warmed lots of times!! Elis got hers warmed 4 less times than Tigger. If the two of them saw the paddle 38 times between them, how many times did each get spanked?

T - E = 4

T + E = 38

And if the two equations are added vertically (yes you can do that) then the E's cancel and

2T = 42

so T = 21

which means Tigger got 21 Spankings and Elis got 17 (Four less).

  • You know who else was bad? Yup. That's right. Cassie and Bonnie. Together they received 33 spankings but we all know of course that Cassie was TWICE as bad as Bonnie. How many bottom scorchings did Bonnie get?

C + B = 33 and

C = 2B

So remove C from the equation above and sub in 2B (cuz it's equal to C - they are the same value) and solve

2B + B =33 So then 3B =33 and B =11 ... Bonnie got 11 scorchings

  • And now the true fun begins. Last year Randy gave Bonnie twice as many spankings as what Nick gave Elis. And Tom gave Cassie double what Randy gave Bonnie PLUS what Nick gave Elis. If 288 spankings were given during the entire year, how many times did Cassie's rump get roasted? And how in the world did she get herself more spankings than Bonnie?

And finally....this may be harder to follow:

R = 2N

T = 2R + N

R + T + N = 288

(2N) + (2R + N) + N = 288

(2N) + (2[2N] + N) + N =288

2N + 4N + N + N = 288

8N = 288 So N = 36 then R = 72 and T = 180 Which means Cassie's rump got roasted 180 times.

And how did Bonnie get off easier than Cassie? Damned if I know.

6 comments:

  1. I'm new to this blog; does she test us often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean Marie, It's still a new blog so that's to be determined. Guess it all depends... you gonna behave yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I WON'T, silly! I have my work cut out for me misbehaving every chance I get so as to convince you to spank the hell out of me. Ask your hubby if he wouldn't be interested watching you bare and punish me. I've decided to test your limits of patience until you test my pain threshold. And by the way, I'm better in Social Studies than in Math, in case you test us further on the blog.
    Warmly (by my own hand because nobody else will),
    Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean Marie - two things:

    1) If I ask my husband that question he would make me delete my blog so negatory there.

    2) And I will spank ya for the math vs. social studies comment!! Math is far superior in the world of academics.

    There. Happy?

    Now behave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eva,
    I just said that I liked Social Studies more. But you just said that you would do the honors!!! I think about 50 hard whacks sounds about right, so that I know afterward that I've been punished. Now, over your knee or over your desk, teacher?
    Waiting for a warming,
    Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete