I'm not sure if there's a line between bragging and just stating information but DANG... I have lost 127 pounds or so at this point. That's a LOT of weight!!! That's a fairly normal sized woman. Try carrying that around all day!! No wonder my back, feet, knees all hurt like heck!!!
My life has never been better. I shoveled snow this morning. I did our entire sidewalk, the walk from our porch to the sidewalk and then started on the driveway. Adam felt guilty I think because he asked to take over three times before I let him. I only let him because I didn't want him feeling like I was intruding on his territory. I mean I wasn't even breathing heavy. I could have shoveled all day. How totally AWESOME is that?
Changes. There have been so many changes.
Before surgery we went to a psychological workshop which was required by my surgeon. It was interesting and funny.
Two stories I remember from that night:
1) The woman presenting to us that night said a few years ago a man came into the office. He was signing in for an appointment with the surgeon. Wanting to make conversation and make this morbidly obese man feel comfortable and at ease she asked, "So, what's your goal?" Expecting to hear a number she got an earfull when the man said "Well, I'll tell ya what.. I haven't seen my dick in 15 years."
Nice goal.
2) A woman who had been morbidly obese her entire life had trouble coping after losing weight. Turns out she was one hot looking babe but who knew with all that extra weight hanging around. Literally. One day she was walking down a city street when a construction worker wolf-whistled at her. In her mind she heard "Hello there, young lady. You are quite attractive. I'd like to get to know you better." She turned around and went back to the man who held up his hands saying "hey, lady, I didn't mean anything by it.. I'm happily married." The woman left in tears and
humiliation.
I so relate to things Jess said in my comments yesterday. Who am I? What do I do now and where do I go from here? When people quit commenting on how good I look will that mean I don't look good any longer? Am I really attractive to Adam? Does he not see the saggy arms? The drooping gut? The flat boobs that have to be rolled up now? The wrinkled butt?
The man has to be blind, pretending to not see, or he honestly doesn't see. How could he not see? It ain't pretty.
People do respond differently to me now. One day as I stood in a hallway at work talking with three men and laughing I couldn't help but think "this wouldn't have happened a year ago." But I'm not so sure it's them. I do have a bit more confidence and less shame these days. Maybe it's me. I'm fully aware of that possibility.
Don't get me wrong... I'm THRILLED but everything is different. I dress differently now. I talk differently. I think differently.
BUT I'M STILL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can I be so different but at the same time be so very much the same?
Wanna see some pictures? Now I can't show you my face but I can show you the rest of me....
Here's me at around 290 pounds.....And if you look really close you'll see PK's elbow to the right side of the picture. This one was taken at our first meeting in June. The clothes are size 3X.... I think the capris were a size 24 or 26.

This next picture was taken in October. I had lost nearly 40 pounds prior to surgery, 40 pounds since, and was weighing about 215 then. The shirt is an XL and the jeans were a 16.

And this last picture was taken at about 4 months after my surgery. The jeans are a 12. I'm now in a 10 but they are getting a bit big. I'm buying a pair of 8's this weekend. In this picture I was weighing somewhere around 185. Now I'm weighing about 165 and like I said, those size 8 jeans are coming soon.
It's been quite the journey and I'm so excited that you all have come on it with me. I know it's not over yet, that - really - it's only beginning. It's just that it's been some mighty rapid changes. I so appreciate Jess' explanation in yesterday's comments. Things are wonderful and getting better every day!!!
Thank-you for sharing. You have gone through a marvelous transformation both physically and emotionally. Be patient with yourself. Though a positive healthy change, it is still an adjustment. And you look great! But what people love about you is who you are on the inside not the out! Please take care and know you have lots of friends here who are so proud! :-) Truly inspirational! I may have to join in everyone's successful weight loss stories and start losing the 30 extra pounds I am holding onto that I don't need... :-)
ReplyDeleteWow..i'm impressed..Words can't even decribe it..So glad to see that things are getting better. I think inspirational is truly the word..
ReplyDeleteOMG Eva you look wonderful!!. Size 8 - that's really an accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteLove the t-shirt. A gift from PK?
Hugs,
Hermione
Eva, you fox, you! You look mahvelous. Really a wonderful job on your part! Your support group is 100% behind you.
ReplyDeleteI shoveled today as well. I could not do it all day!!! It sucked. Its been freezing rain since 7 this morning and now we have a freezing rain and flood advisory. I hate this winter.
I am so sure we will have snow for Easter this year!
Hugs,
Debbie :)
Just what I thought you would look like. The Goddess of the spanking blogs.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Eva, you are going to be fine. You are lovely, courageous and inspirational, are you blushing yet.
ReplyDeleteTruly dear girl we have always love the Eva that shines out, now you are beginning to look as beautiful outside as you are inside.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
I hadn't read Jess's comment from yesterday so I just went to read it. I'm so glad that you have someone else who knows what you are going through. God knows, I have no words of wisdom. It's such good advice she had to let your mind catch up with your body. So many things have changed, even the type of undergarments you wear,LOL.
ReplyDelete*wolf whistle*
ReplyDeleteI've already seen these and frankly I am still in awe!
Jess said a lot of very good things, but I still maintain that it could be something hormonal, and YES, it can be embarrassing, but it could also be a problem.
For goodness sakes woman! You can talk to complete strangers about spanking, talking to a doc about lost libido should be NOTHING!
HUGS!
grace
You look awesome Eva!!! I think what Jess said helped me too. I think that unsureness is why we often stray off diets. Solving the psyc issues and getting comfortable with how you look and yourself here whether people like it or not will take time I'm sure. You'll get there. You are one strong woman, This I am sure of!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Carye
Nice Photoshop work! I'll try and send you my before and after too. I went from a 3X to a 10 (right now 12 - I'm working on it).
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you fell a little better!
About the hormone comment, I have heard that after RNY women are much more likey to get pregnant. That would suggest that there is a hormonal component.
Take care!
-Jess
That's so awesome, Eva! I don't know how you do it. I've been trying to lose 20 pounds for 2 years and guess what I've lost? Zero. LOL
ReplyDeleteHuggs,
Reesa
I am so glad we are twins!! I want to look this good soon!! Hermione you have the right idea but the wrong twin. Eva got us these tee-shirts!! We hope to wear them together soon!
ReplyDeleteTwin, you keep rereading Jess' comment and then when you go to the doctor simply tell him "We have a crop, paddle, wooden spoons, and a back scratcher. Adam is more than willing to spank but still the old libido is not kicking back in at full strength. Got any other suggestions? Now that won't be embarassing!
Love you twin
Eva, You're awesome! Thank you for sharing your story. I am wishing you all the very best!!!
ReplyDeleteSleepy
"...when you go to the doctor simply tell him "We have a crop, paddle, wooden spoons, and a back scratcher. Adam is more than willing to spank... PK, you are just as naughty as my husband. Ron said to me after his last checkup that he had told our doctor about spanking me, and asked if it was safe for me, because I have high blood pressure. The doc said it was pretty unusual, but if it worked for us, then carry on.
ReplyDeleteThis was all a fib, of course. Ron would never tell anyone about spanking me (I hope!). He was only teasing.
Hugs,
Hermione
Wow, you are such an inspiration. Good luck on those last 9 pounds. Have always heard the last few are the hardest.
ReplyDeletetake care AKB
Eva you are beautiful!! How much Adam must love you! What do you think poor Tom sees - a wife past 65, overweight, white hair, everything sags or is wrinkled (or both). Yet he looks at me as if I were young and beautiful. I think God does something to our husbands when they truly love us - they just don't see the faults that jump out to us. And I do thank God for that.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cassie
I can't believe all these wonderful comments I've gotten from all of you!! You are the best friends ever!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I want you all to know, I went and bought my favorite jeans in a size 8. Perfect fit!!! Do you believe it? Trust me, I do NOT believe this. I see my surgeon next week and can't wait to hear what he has to say!!
Again, thank you all for being the wonderful friends that you are!!
Hugs~
Eva
Size 8!!!!!!!!! I haven't been a size 8 since I was 10 years old!!
ReplyDeleteYou have come a long way Eva, give your brain a chance to catch up and don't discount the hormone possibility. It could be a combination of both. Keep up the good work, you'll get there and both mentaly and physically you'll be the Eva you've always wanted to be!
You DO look fantastic, Eva, but why doubt us? We know the real you, the one on the inside, regardless of whatever happens on the outside. Just like Adam!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIncredible, wonderful, marvelous and ever so much more!!! Please, please, please brag and gloat and otherwise do the dance of joy all you like with any or all of us, anytime!
You've earned it! Great job!
Love ya,
Tiggs
Oh Eva I so understand what you are saying and feeling. I didn't lose so much as you, 62 lbs for me, but Jess is right there is a re-adjusting to life in a very different body. You feel the same inside and it took me about three months after the loss to come to terms with being a smaller me. I still saw myself as big because my overall shape was still the same just, well, smaller. I knew it logically but emotionally the adjustment was much bigger.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny I too think that people, especially men look at me more now. Perhaps it is that I am more confident. I walk with my head held high and perhaps that confidence attracts people, I am not sure but I know it wasn't like this for me before.
I too understand that worrying about what our husbands must think and how can they have loved us like that but I know my husband did and still does because it is me, my heart and the person I am that drew him in the first place, that 'me' is still here so our love is too.
Hugs, you have done so well.
Mina
Eva,
ReplyDeleteI know people treat me differently because of my size. I was just wondering if you have figured out why that is? I'm still at the 290 range (or close to 300 to be honest) and in the 3X sizes. I hate this but I don't wanna give up food.
Any advise?
Nancy