Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Time to Spare

I slept in an extra hour and ten minutes this morning.

That was very nice and very needed.

I have a quick appointment this morning to have blood drawn. I see my surgeon in two weeks for my six month check up. So in the meantime I have about a half hour to kill.

Figured it was time I post something.

Problem is there's nothing exciting to tell.

We've been busy.

And tired.

As a result there's been no spankings. No sex. No ginger.

Oh, wait.

We've never done ginger.

You know what I mean.

Life's been dull but very busy.


Oh, here's some news..........

Back at Christmas time a women who volunteers in Adam's agency took up a collection. She told people that it was for a Christmas present for Adam; that she'd be buying gift certificates for a weekend away.

Yesterday a woman who thought it odd that Adam had never thanked the group for this gift that totaled hundreds of dollars asked him, "did you ever get your Christmas gift from all of us?"

Ummm.... no... what gift?

Well this certainly explains WHY right after Christmas this woman chose to play all depressed and has locked herself in her house and won't come out. Adam has even sent her a card or two because she won't answer her phone or anything. Her story is that she's depressed, blah blah blah.

Now I don't CARE anymore if she's depressed.

And I don't CARE how badly she needed money.

What I do care about is Adam's good name.

He now knows that he looks like a jerk in the eyes of those who gave toward this gift. He talked to a few people yesterday. The conversation with one woman went like this:

"Did you contribute toward my Christmas gift?"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, I just need people to know that I'm not an ungrateful jerk. I haven't thanked everyone because I knew NOTHING about it. I never got it."

"Oh, well that explains it. I thought it was kind of rude for you to not say anything."

RUDE?

Adam does not have a rude bone in his body. I'm infuriated that people are thinking poorly of him when he did nothing. And how many have spread the word?

I can just hear it....the gossip....

"That Adam is a jerk. Can you believe we gave him a Christmas gift and he didn't even so much as say thanks?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR



GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR









grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gosh, I'm ticked.

Lucky for that woman that Adam doesn't have a rude bone in his body.
Oh, but wait.......

I do.

I'm probably the one she's gonna be hiding out from!!

I hope as word spreads that those people who gave go after her like gangbusters to get their money back.

Adam's in a professional position that he could have helped her.

She didn't have to steal from her co-volunteers.

That's just wrong.

10 comments:

  1. Eva, that is horrible! I am sorry to hear that happened to Adam... thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G!

    You have GOT to be kidding!

    That is the most horrible thing I can think of.

    I am so sorry that she felt the need to steal, but to make Adam look like a jerk, well that's just MEAN!

    If I were Adam, I would continue to tell people that he didn't receive his gift. Maybe he should have a heart to heart with this woman, see if he can help her, and then counsel her on the fact that what she did was WRONG! Maybe there is someone higher up that could help him? Furthermore, does she STILL work with him? For if she does, someone needs to find out if she might steal from the company....you know what I mean?

    GGGRRRRRRRR....The more I think about this, the madder I get!

    Sorry this happened to you Adam, but I know your a classy guy and you will work this out.

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now calm down! All these people see how wrong they were to think anything bad about Adam. They are the ones who are feeling like jerks and Adam's good name is still intact. Adam may have to confront this lady about what she did though. It should be made known to her by someone, that what she did was very wrong. Just think, nobody will think bad about Adam again. Be comforted in that thought.
    Big Hugs to both of you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva,

    What a way for someone to get money. I'm sorry to hear about how it is affecting his reputation. That is worse than not getting the gift! Since he isn't rude, his consistent character will win out over this poor woman.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eva, gold doesn't tarnish, anyone who knows Adam will know this isn't him.
    Yes a very mean thing to do, I just hope that someone can help her.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am on my way with the sugar and the bologna. I have only had a few short meetings with Adam and I know how wonderful he is. Those who have worked with him know how great he is. But I am so happy that it has come out so that maybe it can be completely cleared up. That being said I would give a dolllar and a quarter to be there when you run into this woman.

    Love yuo twin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Eva! I'm having trouble getting your pages to load, but I don't know why... But I finally got to this screen! Wow, that's really awful what that lady did. Surely, she KNEW she'd be caught out, though! Sounds like she's a drug addict to me - they'll do it even knowing the negative outcomes... kind of like my smoking, lol.
    But I'm glad Adam found out about it so he can clear his name.

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  8. GRRRR!!!! I'd be hunting her down! I think though if I was Adam, I'd just thank everyone, and let those who ask what took so long get the real story. it will get around the real truth. I know it will.... GRRR!!!!!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everyone~ No, he has not confronted her. For one thing she won't answer her door or phone... for another he's torn between feeling sorry for her and...well who knows... anyhow, all your support for my rant is so very appreciated. You all are the best friends ever!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete