Our trip was divided into three segments. The first stop was time with our oldest daughter. The second segment was Adam and I alone just for us for a few days. And finally the last segment was our wonderful visit with PK and her family.
Here's a list of the major cities we saw in one form or another: Charleston, Charlotte, Columbia, Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Oxford, Tupelo, Little Rock, Texarkana, Dallas, Memphis, Jackson, Nashville, Louisville, Lexington, Cincinnati, Columbus.
It was quite a road trip and I would back up and do it all over again. The best part was that it was like three trips rolled into one. None of them were alike. They all had different purposes.
We had a blast with our daughter. She lives 850 miles from home so our visits with her are few and far between. She took us to a neighboring city to see where she has been offered a new job. That was awesome because we got to see two cities we otherwise wouldn't have seen on this trip.
The second part of our trip was three days in Savannah. If you've never been there, consider it for your next road trip. It is a beautiful old city. We spent three days walking the streets, strolling by the river. One night we watched the boats come and go underneath the moonlight. Another night we took in a show. It was pure music from beginning to end; two complete hours of live fifties music. There was a little acting in it but mostly music. It was a very nice performance.
Finally the third part of our journey took us to PK. Wow. We had a blast. She's already told many parts of the visit on her site so please excuse any duplicates. The first night there they came to our hotel and picked us up. PK and I rode in the backseat. Instantly... I mean IMMEDIATELY the guys were talking.I don't know who was more shocked...PK or me. Many times throughout the visit she and I would stop talking just to listen to the boys. I think we knew that a lot was riding on whether or not the guys got a long. I can't speak for Nick and PK but I can speak for Adam and myself. We walked away knowing that we've made friends for life and that this was just the first of many visits.
There will be more to come about our trip but you know what? I'm open to questions. Ask away. You'd be doing me a favor. You see, over the next six weeks I am scheduled for three surgical procedures. Two are minor. One is major. I've got all that heavy on my mind so it's hard for me to think of anything else.
And yes, I am guilty as charged when it comes to the backscratcher but did you notice that even if it is evil, PK still refers to it as a "toy." I think she's trying to make you all think it's worse than it really is. Hehehehee Anyhow, it was an awesome twelve days right down to the very last minute.
I can speak for PK and Nick! We feel the same way! We enjoy teasing about being twins but not the sister thing is no longer a joke. We are family now and that is forever!
ReplyDeleteI will say that you guys know how to do a road trip!
Duplicate, or at least give your version. I want to hear how you saw thing!
Hugs,
PK
Eva, when you feel like writing and telling us details, then just write.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't feel like it, don't, we aren't fair-weather friends.
You are on my list for whatever you need, support or healing.
So glad that you enjoyed your trip and your visit.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Eva, I am so glad you had a wonderful trip. I think all of us here in blogland knew it would be. I like how PK puts it - family.
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you over the next 6 weeks as you have your surgeries. We're always here for you - you know that, right?
Debbie :)
Deep deep breath. Wow, what an incredible trip. And we need LOTS of details!
ReplyDeleteAre you trying to tell us NONE of those new implements have gotten any use yet? That your bottom rode ALL those miles in the car in complete comfort?
That the four of you NEVER utter the "S" word during your time together?
Come on! I still have a week to go before I get to be with Cindy again. I need DETAILS!
Hugs,
Dave
Spanking may have been what originally brought us together, but the friendships make us stay. No matter the topic I love reading your stuff, so post away about anything you desire.
ReplyDeleteRecovery is faster with the support of friends, which is something I came to know very well this year. We're here for you, ya know.
Can't wait to hear more scoop on PK!
Love ya... suzy
Sounds like a fabulous trip, and I am glad you got to do it before getting down to the nitty gritty of surgery. Best wishes on all that, by the way, you will be in our thoughts!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
Kallisto
Dang, girl, y'all drove right by me! Twice, probably! LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful trip! Lots of memories to think about while you're recovering!
Huggs,
Reesa
Oh wow, you had the most memorable of trips... I love traveling and am eager to do it again soon... even if only in small ways.
ReplyDeleteYou DID pass directly past at least a small handful of bloggers... and hey, if you ever get a but farther south, PLEASE let me know... you and Adam are welcome here anytime! (Your twin and Nick, too, of course)...
Love you... but although that Tiger spatula is beautiful, it belings with you alone... Dante could do some serious damage with that thing, lol...
Love,
Tiggs
Twin~ Slowly but surely, I'm getting things written down. It sure was fun being with you all. I want to do it again, soon.
ReplyDeletePaul~ Thank you. You are so comforting to have around!!
Debbie~ It was wonderful!! And I so appreciate your support!
Dave~ Unfortunately, there's not been much spanking or other playtime in our house. Once I get through the hoops of the next two months I know it will return to normal but until then, it's all rather dull. There was one spanking in Tennessee and another in Georgia but they weren't of the level we're used to because of all the other junk happning.
Suzy~ Thanks! I appreciate you and I'm so glad you came back to blogland!!
Kallisto~ Thanks! I'm looking forward to this all being behind me one day.
Reesa~ Did ya wave when we went by?
Tiggs~ I've been getting comments and emails from all over the country. We definitely came close to many bloggers. I'd love to meet them all. I think we should have a convention or something!!
Hugs~
Eva