Saturday, April 28, 2007

He's Making Threats

New purse.

Road Trip.


No new purse.

No road trip.


Are you kidding me?


That is the actual threat that Adam made.

I had no choice. I bought a new purse and here it is.



Keep scrolling.....











And scrolling.....





















Like it?

Me neither.

I figured it would have Adam begging me to just go ahead and use my old one.

Sigh. It didn't quite go that way.

I didn't really buy that one but did laugh hysterically when Adam picked it up and showed it to me. Yes you can actually see a tiny bit of his arm in the picture.

Anyhow, I found another one WAY up high on display that Adam said he liked. It was almost to the ceiling which had to have been at least 20 feet in the air if not more.

I told Adam I would buy it if he could knock it down with just one jump.

He smacked my butt.

Right there.

In public.

Geeze.

I finally convinced him that we weren't going to find one that we both like.

Actually it needs to be one that I like because I'm the one who's stuck with it for the next five or more years.

Now, now. No comments on that remark. If I get 5 years out of a purse, I'm thrilled. I'm happy. I like it that way. Purses get comfortable, you know? I see no need to keep buying new ones and changing them etc. With my A.D.D. if I were to go out with a group how would I ever recognize MY purse if I kept changing to a different one?

Anyhow, I do like this new one because the straps are a braided leather cord and they are already soft. Doesn't get any better than that. It almost feels broken in already. We found it at the last minute as we headed to the front of the store. They had a display of some pretty nice ones near the registers.

Rats. I almost escaped.

So anyhow, as I sat at the dining room table last night cleaning out the old one and fixing up the new one Adam says "You have to admit, it was time for a new one."

I very calm, cool, collected, and nonchalantly said, "Oh, I know" and kept right on transferring and sorting.

He started laughing... "you mean to tell me this has all been... oh, you are so gonna get it."

Really? I'm waiting, Adam.

Bring it on, babe.

You know you want to.

7 comments:

  1. Eva, I do hope that Adam gives your butt a really good warming, and after that some very hot loving.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, i'm really beginning to like Adam...As far as the purse goes i get one every two years and it's little.
    I' not much of a girly-girl. Just give me my money and credit cards.. a few little secret compartments and i'm happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMAO... between this post and the one before it on ADD, I am right there with you! A certain wickedly wonderful man I know happens to be VERY well aquainted with ADHD... and my own recent diagnosis of ADD only further explains things.

    But THIS took the cake!!!!! You go, girl... now, being the classic DW that I am, I want the details... I also want to know why you post-dated this post for Monday... Woman it is Sunday morning! I, too, have been known to post-date if posting a few hours before midnight but come on...

    Love you lots,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever....got yourself a nice new purse and a spanking!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least you admit your whole goal with the pocket book was basically to irritate you husband and daughters. I do hope he take the strap off the old one. Both to keep you from using it and for other good purpose that I am sure he can come up with!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul~ I hope so too!

    mthc~ I hear you loud and clear. You know what sold me on the one I bought? It has a built in wallet which is really cool. No girly-girl hear either!!

    Tiggs~ Only someone with A.D.D. would notice the date on this post. Shhhh... heck yes it was intentional. I'll get a couple days out of this one, yes?

    Theresa~ Clever? You talk as though I manipulated Adam into a new purse. No way!! HE manipulated ME!!

    TWIN!!! Whose side are you on here?

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO - great way to get out of the whole 'changing purse issue'!
    I hope he tans your hide as well
    ;-)

    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete