Friday, February 16, 2007

A Winter Poem

Most who know me well know that I don't like crappy email forwards.

I LOVE the funny ones. And I like the ones that touch the soul and bring a tear to the eye. Those aren't the ones I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the flea market kind.

You know the ones.... sappy poems that sound like they should be embroidered onto something made of plastic canvas and sold at a flea market.

Now before I step on any toes, if that's your thing, FANTASTIC. It's just not mine.

I'm sure you'll understand and grant me that when I remind you that my thing is math but it's probably not yours. I respect that and I grant you that.

So with that said, I got this email from a friend today and boy oh boy it had flea market sappy written all over it. I nearly deleted it but by the time I got to the end I was glad I took the time to read it. It's quite lovely.

See for yourself......


I found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you.

"WINTER"
a poem by Abigail Elizabeth McIntyre





"SHIT, It's Cold !"


The End




9 comments:

  1. Amen to the flea market emails! One of my friends recently sent me one about the "809 area code phone scam"...it had urban legend written all over it, so I Googled it and sure enough, it's been floating around since 2000. I sent her a link and an email suggesting she check out what she's forwarding in such a casual and haphazard manner. I also suggested she forget my email address!

    Loved the poem! Too funny!

    *Big Hug*
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the crappy emails! But Eva, I rec'd the same one a couple of weeks ago and just barely missed the delete key. I laughed out loud at the end of that one.

    ~Hugs and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect you could have written it!

    It's cold here too! But no snow, alas!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. CeeCi~ I hear you! Those urban legends drive me nuts. It saddens me when otherwise intelligent friends believe that there are needles in coin returns and that we're about to start being charged by the postoffice for emails since they are losing money ... blah blah blah... snopes.com is a great site!!

    Maggie~ You have a good weekend too!! We're staying in and watching it snow - AGAIN

    Theresa~ Cold? And what do you southerners call cold? Somehow I'll bet your cold would feel downright balmy to me about now. And if you want snow, I have plenty I can ship to you. I'll be sure to send enough so that it doesn't all melt before it gets there.

    hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Eva snopes is very useful.
    Now that's a nice forward.
    Yes lots of forward are simply a waste of time and sometimes very irritating, I always delete chain emails.
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's priceless... love the pic, so I'd have scrolled down, too, but man, oh, man, I wasn't expecting the ending... you do know how to catch me by surprise!

    And those are my sentiments exactly, by the way... Florida is NOT supposed to be cold!!!!

    Love you,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul~ Yup. Snopes is one of my favorite sites!!

    Tiggs~ Cold in Florida? You only THINK that's cold and yes, I've been watching the weather. You're in the thirties, yes? forties? We are supposed to get above freezing this week and it will be the first time in over a month for us so we're looking forward to the temps that you have now. In fact, at the moment our forecast says 50's next weekend. Break out the shorts and t-shirts!!!

    hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!! I think this is gonna work...

    Huggggggggggsssssssss
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sky~ It worked!! I have no problem leaving my comments set this way if it's going to allow you to pop in more often!!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete