It's 11:25 Monday morning. February 5, 2007. I've had a great time already today and it's not even noon yet. Indulge me. Let me tell you allllllllll about it. And you WILL laugh. I promise.
It all started out yesterday at about 6:30 PM. It's so blasted cold here that schools shut down like crazy. Word came on mine about 6:30. Snow days are GREAT. Already knowing the night before is even better.
Adam had to work though. Sucks to be him. I begged him to stay home with me but he couldn't. I understand.
It was me and the pup.
I had the house cleaned up by 8 a.m. and figured I would do the responsible thing. I got busy on a project that is due Wednesday night. Typically I'd wait until after work on Wednesday to even begin. This was nice. I got it out of the way over two days early. I'm quite pleased with my accomplishment.
When I finished I made some soup. I was getting kind of hungry and did I mention that it's soooo blasted cold here?
Anyhow, so there I was eating a bowl of soup and playing a game online.
The pup? He was ripping around the house chasing the cat. He was flying up and and down the steps having a ball.
Finally as I finished my soup and started another game I heard the pup lay down behind me. I could tell by the sound that he was chewing on his bone. I turned to look.
The pup was NOT chewing on a bone. Oh no.... not my pup...
What I want to know... what I really WANT to know is how in the world a tiny little 5 pound pup carried it down the steps from the 2nd floor in his mouth.
Geeze.
It's time to spew. Scroll down and take a look.

Not the crop...ANYTHING but the crop!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG, this is too funny! I just hope the pup didn't damage it too much!
HUGS!
grace
Grace~ Never fear the crop is just fine and Adam tells me we'll be using it later tonight.
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva
Did the glue hold?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the spew warning!
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Come on folks, think of the bullet Eva dodged! He could have brought in down the stairs when the kid or other company was there. Now that would have been another post I would have loved to read!! I keep picturing him running through the house dragging the Hitachi the next time they have guests.
ReplyDeleteYou must live right twin!!
PK
You have a spanko dog too?? Ohhh my, that was too funny! I hope it got the right kind of use tonight!
ReplyDelete{{hugs}} SuZQ
Just too funny! Kids and pups, I'm not sure which causes the most heart stopping moments! But I hope the pup doesn't think it's his now! Hate to see Adam and him wrestling for control of it!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Cindy
thats priceless, our cat has tried to pull our flogger out of the drawer because the strings were hanging out, but still not quite as funny :)
ReplyDelete~Mia~
Too funny, maybe you need to start hiding the toys from the pup!
ReplyDeleteYuck all this cleaning and being so productive. I'm headed back to Elis' for poetry!
Huggs
Theresa
That's too funny!..I have a chocolate lab that chewed up my son's cd's. NOW THAT DIDN'T GO OVER WELL!! Btw, it's cold here too...3 below zero,windy and snow tonite!
ReplyDeleteCeeci~ Believe it or not, the glue is holding up just fine.
ReplyDeleteElis~ You're making my heart pound and my palms sweat. Stop it. LOL
Suzq~ I don't know if the dog's a spanko or not but I do know that won't happen again!!! LOL
Cindy~ LOL I could see it now. My money would be on Adam though.
Mia~ I'm really afraid of what the pup might get into next. I went through our bedroom yesterday and secured everything AND we got a baby gate to put up at the foot of the steps. We have rather dignified company at our house once a week. Just the thought of it makes Elis want me to write another post.
Theresa~ Consider them hid!!!!
mthc~ You just described my exact forecast. Hmmm... you live near me? LOL No, I can imagine the CD thing wouldn't go over well at all!!
Hugs~
Eva
Eva, so funny, I have visions of your parents or your pastor visiting. omg!!!
ReplyDeleteMy latest pup Phoebe was possibly the most destructive puppy I've ever had and I've had a few. It's a long story I shan't bore you.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Too cute! I was expecting to see him chomping a big wooden paddle! But the crop looks so cute, and the color matches!
ReplyDeleteI'm with everyone else. It would be something else if you'd had company at the time.
Hugs,
Dave
Eva,
ReplyDeleteNow the question is---why did he find the crop if you cleaned up the house? I do think Adam should spank you for this one!
Nice story!!!!
Nancy
If and when I ever accumulate toys and a dog, I'll make darn sure the toys are out of reach! lol Too funny :)
ReplyDelete~Hugs!
Paul~ Believe me when I say I am very glad that no one was here when that happened!!
ReplyDeleteDave~ Something else? For sure. I already decided what I would do... LIE!!! I would say that someone bought us that as a joke or something and just laugh it off.
Nancy~ Well I cleaned the downstairs. The upstairs didn't need it and Adam is the one who stashed the crop under the bed so ..... hey... wait a minute here.. whose side are you on? LOL
Maggie~ Do NOT stash stuff under your bed if you get a dog!!!
Hugs~
Eva
WAAY TOO FUNNY!!!! I'm glad the glue stuck! What is a few chew marks eh? I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteCarye
Ha... very funny. We were actually guessing doggie had found a more phallic toy... lol... but it makes more sense (from the dog's perspective) to pick the expensive toy.
ReplyDelete:)
~Todd & Suzy