Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Big Ol' Day

First off, I want to apologize for not answering comments very faithfully these days. Life's crazy. Time is a rare luxury. As much as I want to address comments I just don't have time right now. I'm so sorry.

It's been a good day. I'm tired but it's a good tired.

Two events have taken place. First of all offspring number one relocated today. Instead of being 16 hours from home, she's now just 5 1/2. We're thrilled about that but not just because she's going to be closer but also because she's landed her dream job and we know she's going to do great. Now we're just hoping she'll meet someone but that's not the most important thing here.

We moved her into a nice apartment. The whole family came for the event. The day got better as it came to an end. I didn't think things could be better than having #1 closer to us but guess what? #2 and her husband told us tonight that we're going to be - for the very first time - grandparents.

We're thrilled beyond words. And her sisters are so excited at the idea of being aunts.

Yup.

It's been a big ol' day. I doubt any of us forget it anytime soon.

15 comments:

  1. HOORAY! This is awesome news! I just want to be the first to call you GRANNY!

    Granny, granny, granny! I LOVE IT!

    You are going to be such a great grandma!

    Wow, such excitement! I'm so happy for you!

    Congratulations to you and Adam and of course, your daughter and SIL.

    What a great day!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to speak to Granny on the phone and I told her that becoming a grandmother while I still have a teen at home offically makes her older than me!!

    I love the idea of being a great aunt again and I will be up there to hold that baby as soon as I can!

    I like the way thing are going for you. #1 closer, # 2 pregnant, # 3 through college and ready to head off on her own (hopefully)!

    Love you twin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now that's what I call a really wonderful day. Congrats on all your good news! I love good news.
    Hugs,
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming a grandma and all your wonderful news. I love reading about you even though I never comment.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Eva has a nice sound to it. Congratulations and a big hug!

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news..You'll make an awesome grandma!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace~ Granny? I just got one thing to say about THAT: You're next!!! hehehehe

    Twin~ Ahhhhhh... life is good at the moment. If offspring 3 could just get a job it would be PERFECT.

    Lori~ Yup. It was a good day. I don't think it could have been any better than it was!!!

    Diana~ Hi!! Nice to meet you!! Please feel free to comment more! I'd love to get to know you!!

    David and mthc~ Thanks!! We're so excited. I squealed like a girl and Adam cried!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you! I know you have been looking forward to this day! You will be such a wonderful Grandma! Lots of wonderful news! Please take care! Hugs, Terpsichore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your site. I enjoy reading your posts and getting to know you.
    I just had to comment. Congrats!!! on soon becoming a grandparent- J & I are anxious to be grandparents some day. Check out my site if you have time. I am new to blogging in the dd community -but I love it. Have a great day
    Ciao
    I. Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetie I am with you. I squealed too! I could not be happier for you. But I am even happier for that luck baby that will have the best grandparents in the world.

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva, what can I say, all the others have said it already.
    I'm so happy for you and your family, it's great to read such a positive post.
    You and Adan are great perants you cannot help but be better grandperants, your grandchildren will be blessed.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eva,

    Congratulations!

    What great news and such a blessing.

    denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to say I told you so....but I told you so!

    What wonderful news! I am so happy and excited for you!

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea for you, Eva. I'm too young to be a grandmother, (hehehe) but, I'm so thrilled for you!

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What awesome news!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is so very very cool!!!! I'm so excited for you!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete