Life's busy.
I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I guess it's good. I'm confident that, even though things are stressful at the moment, they will turn out good in the end.
Here's what's happening:
1 - Tomorrow night we are driving 5 hours from home so that we can be there when offspring #3 graduates on Saturday. Finally - no kids in college any longer.
2 - Next weekend we are moving offspring #1. Instead of being 800 miles from home as she's been the past 8 years she will now be just 300 miles from home. How cool is that? We'll be seeing much more of her this way as she can come home on those long 3 day weekends and such.
What's interesting here is that as we move offspring #3 back home, we're moving offspring #1 to the state which #3 is leaving. Adam will fly to where she is now to drive the truck for her. The rest of us - myself, #3, #2, and #2's hubby - will drive and meet them at the new place which is closer to home.
3 - The weekend after that we will be home. My plan is to relax after these two insane weekends.
4 - The weekend after that I am having some fairly major surgery. I have a hernia the size of a sugar baby watermelon. They are repairing it and then tightening my belly by removing some skin. I'll have to wear two drains. One will come out after two weeks. The other in 3 to 4 weeks. I'm not looking forward to that but will be glad when it's over.
5 - I think I might get a tattoo.
6 - American Idol is exciting this year. Both Davids are awesome. Then there's Syesha. That girl has come a long way. She was quite unnoticeable in the beginning. Lately she's been pouring it on. Has anyone ever been in the bottom 2 or 3 so many times then made it this far? Amazing, that girl is.
7 - No road trip for us this year. I mean - REALLY - have you seen the price of gas? It was $3.79 when I got back to town after work today. Takes me 2 and a 1/2 gallons just to go to work each day.
8 - On the other hand, we're taking a plane trip this year. It's actually a business trip for Adam however we're going to turn it into pleasure also by staying a couple days after the business part of it is over. We're going to see some sites but better yet - we're going to spend a couple days with some friends that I'm dying to see.
9 - Next week our 100 year old house is getting sided. It's been a long, long time since it was painted. It's a mess. The paint is peeling but what's worse is that we had some wicked bad ice storms this winter. The last one brought down a 25 foot section of spouting. It's all getting fixed.
And saving the best for last......
10 - PK is coming to visit!!!!!!! And she's bringing MOLLY!!! The jury is still out on Nick coming along. I'm going to make them promise that if he doesn't come this time then he has to come next time.
Well, that's it in a nut shell. Keep PK entertained on the weekends for me this month but don't let her forget me!!!
1) Enjoy #3's graduation!
ReplyDelete2) Good luck with the move - tired just thinking about it!
3) Sounds like relaxation will be just what you need after such a busy couple of weeks.
4)I will be thinking of you during and after your surgery and hoping for a speedy recovery for you
5)What kind of tatoo would you be thinking of??? A rose, a snake....inquiring minds want to know
6) I agree about Americal Idol. Both Davids are great and Syesha has definitely grown alot...I think anyone could win...
7) Our prices are about 10 cents lower here...but gosh does it add up quickly...I usually do not look at the cost as I am filling the tank on the minivan
8) Sounds like a fun trip planned.
9) Your house will be good as new...
10) So great that PK is visiting with Molly...I am sure you will all have a fabulous time!
Sorry for the loooooooong message :-) Take care, Terpsichore
I am happy # 3 is graduating. I am happy # 2 is moving closer. Although I still think you should stay home and talk to me both weekends rather than all this traveling (and it would save gas). I am happy you are soon going to have this surgery behind you. I think we should get matching tattoos. Flying around and seeing friends sound wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing the house all newly sided! What am I saying I am looking forward to seeing you and Adam ands hopefully meeting #3 since I am running her out of the house while we are there.
ReplyDeleteShe is not kidding about me needing internet company while she is gone folks. I won’t know what to do with myself!!
Love you twin!
Sorry, I know #1 is the one moving closer!
ReplyDeleteWow, you have a very busy life lately. How nice that #3 is coming home and all graduated.
ReplyDeleteUhm...tattoo?????
David Cook is awesome, awesome! Go David!!
High gas prices or not, we are headed out tomorrow. It will be the most expensive driving trip we've ever taken.
Cool PK is gunna visit. That is sure something great to look forward to.
I can't wait until you have your surgery and take care of that problem. What a relief for you that will be.
Hugs,
~Lori
A tattoo, you go girl! The weekends you will be jumping with everything you have to do. You know you have my prayers with you when you have the surgery.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Eva, you are going to be busy, so all the girls are growing up.
ReplyDeleteYou will be in my thoughts for your surgery.
You and PK are going to have such fun.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Good luck with the surgery. It sounds like something you'll be glad to have over with, and you'll be much more comfortable afterward. After the drains come out of course.
ReplyDeleteI second Lori on the tattoo. Um??? Where?? We need more details on that one.
Hugs,
Hermione
Whew! I'm exhausted......
ReplyDeleteAll this running around is killing me!
Oh wait, we are talking about you right?
Ok, don't worry, I'm fine now.
I'm beginning to not like this PK person....she gets to see you ALL the time! But don't worry, I'll be keeping her PLENTY busy this weekend.
Surgery sounds fun...you just know how to have all the fun, don't you?
So, what kind of tattoo are we getting?
Where ya going on this plane? Any place special? Any chance you'll be in my neck of the woods?
Well, thanks for the update, I just have one thing left to say.....
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Love you,
grace
I'm happy all those things are happening...not so much having surgery but at least it will fix things..What i'm really interested in is this tattoo!
ReplyDeletegeezlouise! How are you keeping up with all this? Congrats on the graduating kid and the other kids that are moving up and around!
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking of you with your surgery, I'm sure you're anxious to have it out of the way.
And yeah .. tattoo? Where? What? Just minor details you left out! *g*
~Hugs!
Wow! Lots going on with you, Eva. It all sounds pretty good (ok, some of the surgery but its a good thing, I'm sure). Ummmm....tattoo? Details, chickie!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a fabulous Mom's Day. I got a card. I think that's good considering I normally get nothing. I'm smiling. :)
Hugs,
Debbie :)