Update: The surgery is all over and everything went very well! I got to talk to Adam several times once she was in recovery and then back in her room. I have talked to Eva a couple of times now and with the morphine pump she is feeling fine, unless she tries to move her middle. That's going to be pretty painful for a while. But she and Adam are happy that the surgery is over and the recovery has begun!! They plan to let her come home Monday. I have no doubt she will be giving you her version of everything soon!
PK
Adam's slowly improving. The headaches won't go away so today the doc prescribed a new med for him. It's something that is supposed to prevent migraines and starts with a "T."
Wait.
Topamax. That's what it is.
Doc says to give it three weeks or so to kick in. Fingers crossed. I hope it works for him.
And my surgery is tomorrow. I'm dreading it. I want to be on the other side of it. The hernia actually isn't bothering me ...
as long as I wear a surgical binder around it.
Who wants that forever?
Anyhow, my surgery is tomorrow morning. Hernia and something that is similar to a tummy tuck.
I just want it over with.
I've had a request that PK keep you all updated. Twin... you on it? You can break in here or email some people or whatever you want... just let them know I'm alive, okay?
Not much else new...
Oh, wait....
GRACE!!!! Where are you ???
Guess who'd doing the summer vacation happy dance?
Ummmmmmmmm... that would be ME!!!!!
I love summer. No big road trip this year though. We're flying instead. I hate to fly. Big planes crash hard. Like the comedian Ron White says, "Take 'er down hard. I don't want to limp away from this wreck." LOL
Okay I'm kidding but I do hate flying. The last time I flew my ear drum popped and I couldn't hear for a month. Continental airlines put us in seats right over an engine. The noise was so horrible that Adam and I couldn't even talk to each other. The waitress gave up asking us if we wanted something to drink. We couldn't hear her. I was really done in though when my hearing went. That was scary.
I told that airline that I have a really big mouth and a lot of friends. True. They sent us a fruit basket. Whoop-dee-doo. But then they sent us $600 in flight vouchers. Now you're talkin' my language. I still won't fly Continental unless there's no other choice.
So yeah. We're flying this summer. We're going further from home than I've ever been in my life. I am a bit nervous about it but not so much since we bought Phyllis.
Oh.
Have I not told you about Phyllis?
That's what we named our new GPS.
Why? Because she's bossy like my grandmother...
Phyllis.
Turn left... turn right... make a U - turn.
RECALCULATING.
Still, as bossy as she is she gets us where we want to go. That's important especially in big cities....
Okay so wait.. it was NOT her fault I couldn't get out of the city Adam was hospitalized in. There was a road closed. I figured it out though. Had he been in just one more day I would have been an old pro.
It wasn't Phyllis' fault.
Honest.
I'm tired.
Big old day tomorrow.
I think I'll grab the laptop and go to bed.
Wishing you the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteNight night Eva! Our prayers will be with you and I'll be calling PK to check on you tomorrow since I'll be away. You'll do great with the surgery. I bet you're up and going before you know it!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carye
I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow!! I'll even add a few more days so as to include your recovery time :)
ReplyDelete~ Terri
all of the above and then some...
ReplyDeleteDITTO! Luv ya gal.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Eva, you and Adam are in my prayers and heart.
ReplyDeleteI know that you will make a good recovery.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
I take Topamax as a migraine preventative - it has saved my life. What you must know that they don't always tell you is : it can take much longer than that to take effect - as much as two to three months. The early side effects that go away later can be wicked: nausea, being stupid, forgetful, etc. These can take some time to go away, but for most people, they go away as the medicine takes effect. For me, it was two months before it fully kicked in, and the side effects dropped off, and I experienced it all again when we increased the dosage again when needed. I wanted to tell you all this because this period can be difficult and it is so worth it! Orgasm can also be a little different, and take longer, but if you know about it and work on it together, you find out how to make it work together. Good luck! Not everybody gets all of these, but no one told me about them and it was a struggle to learn it all on my own so I hope this helps you.
ReplyDeleteGirl, you deserve the happy dance and this year I'm also going to the happy dance when school gets out.
ReplyDeletePK, thanks for the update, I'm glad things went well and I hope Adam can get things worked out with his headaches.
I know your nervous about flying, but I think you're going to have a great time on vacation!
Now, stop dancing, surely that has to be painful after surgery!
Extra gentle hugs!
grace
Glad that the surgery went well...now may you heal quickly so you can truly enjoy your summer dance! :-) Hugs, Terpsichore
ReplyDeleteSo glad the news is good. Looking forward to more of it the next update.
ReplyDeletehugs
Todd & Suzy