Saturday, September 1, 2007

Ticker Tumble

I believe it was our new and improved C.C who coined that phrase - ticker tumble. I like it. Check out above. The ticker has tumbled a few more pounds. (Or will before the day is over)

Wow. It's been almost 3 weeks since surgery. It's going well although I don't see why I can't lose 50 pounds a week. Kidding. I know it takes time and what seems slow to me will appear fast to those around me.

I went in to work yesterday for a brief amount of time. I wanted to deliver all my junk and organize some things so I don't hit the floor running and out of breath come Tuesday. My coworkers were truly shocked by my appearance. In a good way, that is. That many people can't fake that kind of a response, can they?

It felt good to hear it even if it does make me a tad uncomfortable.

It's been a positive week. The surgeon is quite pleased and as I told you is allowing me to return to work a week ahead of schedule. Even better, I've gotten to eat some real food!! Tuna salad, chicken, veggies.

The other day was our anniversary. I already told you about the manicotti but did I tell you that I fit in the booth without any struggle at all? That moment about made me cry. I said to Adam, "look, I can give you this much room" and I pulled the table closer to me leaving him with a huge gap between himself and the table.

So when, I ask you, did this spanking blog turn into a weight loss blog? Actually in an odd sort of way the two go hand in hand. The better I feel, the smaller I get... well, use your imagination for now.

I'm with Grace. Blogroll is making me a happy camper these days. Things are lighting up that have never lit up before. It makes blog reading so much easier and less time consuming.

Speaking of Grace. I wonder if Bossman has clean underwear yet. Did you know that Grace somehow got my real life address (hmmmm...wonder who gave it to her??) and sent me the coolest package when I came home from the hospital. It was all kinds of toys to help pass the time.... there are jacks, and a coloring book and crayons, a spiderman paddleball, some of that slimy GAK stuff, bubbles, and do you know she's so sweet.... she is concerned about me feeling good about myself so she sent the biggest hairbrush I've ever seen in my life.

She and PK must not like the way I do my hair because they both have sent new hairbrushes my way. Both are the big wooden kind. Isn't that sweet of them?

If the ticker hasn't changed from 237.5 check back later. I'll be updating it sometime today.

Have a good weekend and to those of us here in the states, I hope it's a LONG weekend for you!!!

13 comments:

  1. Eva, what a splendid post, just the sort that I like to read, nice and positive.
    I'm so glad that the news is good and happy that the weight is coming off, be warned it will slow down, this is normal and you are not to worry.
    Have a great week-end dear girl.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great! I am just thrilled for you! *g* And the positive attitude is to die for.

    Had to laugh at Grace's care package. How funny - and sweet! :)

    ~Hugs and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not even going to know you when I see you again! I can see those you work with being amazed. When you have been heavy as long as we have you are not used to people commenting on your size at all. I can see how so much of it at once could be uncomfortable, just practice smiling and saying “Thanks, I feel better too!”

    I cannot imagine how Grace got your address. Maybe she is just a good guesser. And to set the record straight I did not send a hair brush your way! I just gave Adam a hairbrush so he could stay neat and attractive for his lovely wife.

    Hugs Twin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rapidly approaching the half way mark! Bravo!

    Hey, I just looked down and discovered I was visitor 100,003! Who was number 100K? If we go by comments then it would have been Maggie. I think this is going to be an awesome weekend for you! Tumbling ticker, looking forward to school, real food, booth seating and now 100K visitors....Too Cool!

    Learn to take the comments from your friends and co-workers for what they are... heartfelt joy at the positive changes you are making in your life. It's their way of sharing in your journey!

    ciao bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh life is good, and getting better all the time!

    That Grace is a sweetie, what a fun time you must have had with those toys!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just for the record, the paddle ball game was for ADAM! It has Spiderman on it and since I think of Adam as a super hero, I thought it was appropriate. I'm almost positive that Adam will LOVE playing paddle ball!

    I have NO comment about the brush! I plead the fifth on that.

    Now for the serious part. I am SOOO PROUD of you. You are doing such an amazing job. (end of serious part!)

    As for where I got the addy.....

    A little birdie flew to my house and told me!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super, super, super!!!!!! Keep up the great work, don't freak when the pounds start coming off a bit slower, remember it will be healthier that way anyway!
    Big gigantic hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eva,
    I couldn't be happier for you. I have never hear of anyone coming through this surgey so well. I give credit to all the prayers you received and the TLC from Adam and PK. You must truly be a special woman to illict so much love from so many people!

    Love,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Eva! You sound fantastic!
    ANd NO no one can fake a response like that! You must look WONDERFUL!!! Hearing about the table at the restaurant brought tears to my eyes too. I remember you post on how mean and unthinking people can be at restaurants. Hmmm hairbrushes and a spiderman paddle eh? Must think you need some other type of TLC! I think Adam can take care of that one! Don't think I'd change your hair too much! Remember.... we want details! :-)

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, you're doing great! It took me so long to comment that I bet you've dropped another 10 pounds by now! And I bet your hair looks great with all those hairbrushes!

    Hey... make sure you don't loose too much of that tushie, or poor Adam won't be able to find it with a paddle!

    *hugs* Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel kinda guilty, because I've been lurking for awhile. I just want to say that your journey is inspiring, spanking or not! :-)

    And I'm wondering how you do that oh-so-cool paddle guy in your blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paul~ I know there will be weeks when I lose more than others. That's okay. I'm looking at the big picture when a year from now I will be at a healthy weight and feeling great!!

    Maggie~ I know.. that Grace is something, huh??

    Twin~ Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!

    C.C~ Yup!! Life is great these days!! I've been zipping around the kitcen all morning working on a cookout for the family later today WITHOUT BACK PAIN!! Whoooo hooo!!!

    Theresa~ She sure is a sweetie. The pup keeps stealing the ball to the jacks set!!!

    Grace~ Birdie? Liar, liar pants on fire to you too!!! ROFL Thanks for everything, girlfriend!!!

    Kallisto~ No freaking out here!!! Like I told Paul, the big picture a year from now is looking really good. That's where the major focus lies.

    Cassie~ I haven't heard of anyone doing so well after this either! Trust me, I'm thankful!!

    Carye~ Not looking fantastic yet but I'll let you know when I am!! LOL

    Suzy~ Adam not being able to find my tushie? BAAAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! That will NEVER happen!!!

    Hi Nattie!!! No guilt!!! I'm just glad you commented!! As for the cool little spanker dude... if you go to your preferences in blog rolling then scroll down to "recently updated" and paste this http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/evadry/paddle.gif
    into "prepend" or "append" and then scroll down to the next section where it says "URL to images translation" and make sure the check to enable box has a check mark in it... and that should do it.

    Hugs to all~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're doing so well... and love the ticker, and the good news on it.

    :)
    Todd and Suzy

    ReplyDelete