.:Sunday, September 24, 2006:.
-Growing Old-
Grow Old
Along with Me
The Best is
Yet to Be!
Along with Me
The Best is
Yet to Be!
I am looking forward to many years with MG and growing old with him. I want to love him and comfort him and serve him. I want to laugh with him and celebrate life. I want to mourn with him and hold him tight when life hurts.
We see our parents and know that we will have physical challenges to deal with.
We both have high blood pressure. MG needs eye drops three times a day. His dad is hard of hearing but both his parents are quite hardy and in their 80's. My mom is diabetic and has altheimers (I never can figure out how to spell that word--I know it has a "z" in there somewhere--but where?) . My dad died in his forties of a heart attack or stroke while he was fishing and drowned.
So we know we will have our share of health problems. That lead to a humorous discussion via email.
MG: Here's the ESPN college games for tomorrow - would you want to TIVO (sp?) the game? (all times are Eastern)
SNN: only for you! But you are going to need to call me and remind me. I will forget by tonight.
MG: you? with a mind like a steel trap?
SNN: Too much on my plate to remember everything. If I don't write it down, I forget. And half the time I forget I've got it written somewhere. So when we are old and gray, I will have to drive you around because you can't see and you will have to tell me where we are going because I will forget. But together we can get it done!!!!
MG: YEAH, BABY!!! JUST REMIND ME WHERE TO PUT YOUR BIG BUDDY, BABY!!!
SNN: You are going to have to be the remember-er! I will be the eyes!
MG: If I take after my Dad in the hearing department, you'll have to write it down for me!!
SNN: yes, we will figure it out! And as smart as we both are, we could drive with one of us steering and the other pushing the pedals!
MG: probably you steering - you'll wind up being too short to push the pedals!! hee hee!!
I can just picture us working together to accomplish things that each of us would have trouble with separately. We are quite a picture now with him a full 14 inches taller than I am. Just imagine being old and frail! Ahhhh, now this is LOVE.
Also, you must know that while we were sending these emails back and forth, we simultaneously carry on other conversations. One set of emails was about what he was wearing for the wake. Another was how many hours until we are together again--called T time. He was in such a funny mood when he wrote:
or is it the sum of the cum times the angle of the dangle = the heat of the meat?
My response? We better test those theories-lots!!!!
Each of these are threads of independent conversations and you have to be quick to keep up! We also had separate threads about a charity event and my orgasm post. It truly is amazing either of us gets any work done!!! I'm glad life is more than just work.
Eva, nice post this one, I remember it well. *G*
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
Well I hadn't read this before, I live it, but I hadn't read it. Loved it Nancy! I am hanging my hopes on the belief that blogging make you smarter and healthier. That's my belief and I am sticking with it!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
I love this post! I had not read it before. Very cute and true love! :)
ReplyDeleteBlogging makes you smarter? Geez, I've got a lot of posting to do!
How's the trip so far Eva? Were you able to make room for all those bags PK found? *g*
~Hugs!
This post was SO cute! Thanks, Eva!
ReplyDeleteReesa
This post was priceless!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Eva,
ReplyDeleteGosh, I had to read this to remember what I wrote. John and I certainly have some wonderful times to remember! Thank you for sharing this here.
Nancy