You men among us might not be real interested in today's post. I'm not offended if you want to leave now. In fact, I'd be relieved.First off, like my new look? I pretty much ventured out on my own. I did have to enlist CeeCi's help to get the baby kitties back up there in the address bar but I did the rest all by my little lonesome self. There's a few things I am not sure I like but there's time to tweak it as I go. I like blue. I REALLY like blue.
Anyhow, I went to the doctor today. That's not really all that unusual. I go to the doctor every three months for blood work and stuff. I'm on a list of drugs a mile long for all the normal overweight stuff such as diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
Anyhow, the doctor visit was interestingly timed. A while back I mentioned that I might be having gastric bypass surgery. Remember? Well one of the requirements is a current PAP test amongst other things. And at the same time I missed about 5 straight months of the monthly fun. That broke my heart.
A little more than three weeks ago it returned ... with a freakin' vengeance. I've never experienced anything like this but have been chalking it up to the onset of menopause. So anyhow upon hearing all this and seeing as my last PAP was oh, about thirteen years ago the doctor decides to not just do a pap but an ultrasound, too.
She says that the lining of my uterus is four times it's normal thickness. So what's this mean? Well, she's sending a sample out for a biopsy. I go back in a week. What's she expecting to find? Worried? I suppose I am a bit. Who wouldn't be?
Anyhow, somehow just writing about it makes it seem... not so scary. Think good thoughts. No horror stories about your aunt's friend's daughter who died of cancer. Encouragement of course is more than welcome though.
So how does this affect our vacation? Hopefully it won't. It won't. It just won't.
Okay... men.... you can come back now.
I have found another way we are alike. Once you write about something, once you capture it on paper (or in a post) it is contained and not nearly as worrisome/scary as it is when it is floating aimlessly in your mind.
ReplyDeleteI have already told you how I know you are fine. So I am not worried. I am just looking forward to your doctor telling you the same thing.
Love you sister.
{ahem} I'm just going to say I love the new look of the blog and refrain completely from getting involved in the rest of the discussion. [smile]
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dave
I'm sure everything will come back just fine. This is not really rare according to my doc, just not something really talked or written up much. It's no fun for sure! Are you on birth control pills? Maybe your doc could give you the new one that's supposed to stop everything .. you control when, is my understanding. I can't take that of course, because of the smoking thing.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing she told me was that smokers tend to go thru menopause a little earlier than non-smokers. That was really ironic considering she has me on all this stuff to not smoke. Go figure. Side note: Sometimes I'm not so sure she's not a quack! lol
Oh the joys of mother nature! *g*
~Hugs!
Eva,
ReplyDeleteAt least we can all enjoy this delightful phase together! Hopefully, your good news will arrive soon.
Hugs,
Bonnie
Believe me ..your condition is not unusual...and menopause for me is lasting"FOREVER".Love your new look!
ReplyDeleteEva, positive thoughts are swirling around for you.
ReplyDeleteIt sure does seem like we are all on the same page of life, doesn't it? Smoking tends to get it going for you a bit earlier (yes, I smoke and have been going through this for over 10 years) as Maggie says.
Click your ruby red high heels together - this will not affect your vacation, this will not affect your vacation. :)
We're here for you!!!
Debbie :)
I love the new look! You did a great job!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs to the rest--I am sending good thoughts your way. Let's all do the peri-menopause shuffle, and look forward to an end to that mess...!
Big hugs,
Kallisto
Twin~ It is amazing how getting the words onto paper can make things seem a lot better.
ReplyDeleteDave~ Thanks!!!
Maggie~ Nope. No BC pills here. I was talking to a real world friend today who said that she had the same thing pretty much, and that if the doc offers some kind of balloon procedure to go for it cuz it puts an end to this monthly nonsense. Does anyone know what she's talking about?
Bonnie~ I adore your continually positive attitude!! Thanks for popping in!!
mthc~ Forever? I don't want this forever!! yikes!!!
Debbie~ Thanks! I've misplaced those red shoes though. Got some I could borrow manybe?
Kallisto~ I'm looking forward to the end of it, for sure!!! This is not fun!!
Thanks for all the nice things you all said about my template.
Hugs~
Eva
Holy Cow! I hope all is wonderful and well! I'm sure nothing bad is happening! Hmmm.. 13 years? Doesn't that deserve at least .. 13 good hard spankings!!!
ReplyDeleteCarye