This was emailed to me by a friend. The video is done by a 15 year old girl by the name of Lizzie Palmer. When I saw it, I thought of all of you and our freedom to get on our computers and talk about what we want to talk about. That's when it hit me, I want you to see this, too.
I wish I could say "Enjoy!" However there's really nothing all that enjoyable about war.
I love you all and the freedom we are able to share.
And for those of you who might be interested in that whole buried car story that I'm so excited about this week, I just got this email....
Only 4 days away until the Belvedere sees the light of day!
If you cannot be with us you can still watch live. At noon central time it will stream live on oklatravelnet.com and at 7 p.m. on kotv.com - both sites archive their shows so you can watch over and over!
We are at capacity for the Unearthing and sold out for the Unveiling! Over 200 media from 11 countries will cover the event, so watch for coverage in your local area.
Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm for Tulsarama! Please keep your fingers crossed for us that she will be a beauty queen!
Eva,
ReplyDeleteWhat a GREAT post, I had tears in my eyes by the end. Thank you for the reminder that they need to hear from us and know that we are here and love them. I needed that little push to get my letter writting going again. Thanks!
Hugs, Sally
Eva, a remarkable piece of work by a fifteen year old.
ReplyDeleteIndeed those who serve their country out of love or duty deserve our love and support.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Eva, that was beautiful. I have been blessed that war has never touched my family personally. But now a childhood friend of Michael's is in Iraq. These kids actually talk to each other on the computer now like a phone. My heart skips a beat when ever I hear his voice coming from Michael's room. But for the grace of God, it could be my son.
ReplyDeleteI love them, miss them, and pray for them.
Thanks for sharing this Eva.
Huggs
Theresa
Sally~ Thank you! I was teary eyed too when I saw it. I can't even begin to tell you how many former students are over there. I thank God that none of mine have been killed although there have been two former graduates of my school who have died over there. They just weren't my students. I don't believe we've met! Thanks for commenting!!
ReplyDeletePaul~ I couldn't agree more. I was raised to support the powers that be whether I agree with them or not. I hate war and in the best of worlds we would all get along or at least live and let live. It will be a happy day for both our nations when this war ends!
Theresa~ It hasn't affected my immediate family either but when it affects your child's friends, that's close enough to home!! I said a special prayer for Michael's friend and his safety. Let us know when he comes home.
Big hugs~
Eva
That was so touching. No matter how one feels about the war, it's these young people that matter. I wish they could all come home to their loving homes, safe from harm. One day, perhaps.
ReplyDeleteCheers.. Suzy
Eva this was the second time I've seen this and it touched me again.
ReplyDeleteOne thing we can all do. If we see a soldier in uniform go up and shake there hand and thank them for protecting us.
*hugs and grins*