Saturday, November 1, 2008

Just Stuff

Hey y'all!!!

PK pointed out that I had not yet updated you on my (future) grandchild.

Remember the kidney issue? The latest ultrasound on October 24th is showing that things are fine. That was a relief
and now we have less than 3 months to go till we have her here with us. I'm not anxious. Nope. Not me. Not one bit.

I don't begin to know how much money I've already spent on her. I'm not keeping track. The latest purchase I made was a little birth to 3 month cheer leading dress of her daddy's favorite team. I bought the car seat, the crib bedding, countess pj's and outfits... odds and ends such as lotion, etc... Oh and I got her the softest, cuddliest blanky even made. It looks like pink poodle hair but is 1000 times more soft.

Tonight's the big who-ha dress up deal Adam is dragging me too. Actually he had do drag me last year. This year? I'm a tad more willing. My dress is awesome. I got my nails done yesterday. Got my hair and makeup done this morning. The only thing left to do is to throw on the dress and leave. I'm gonna be looking pretty hot for an old lady.

Funny weight loss story. I have a dear old friend who I have not see for a couple years. Let's call her Jan. We had lost touch till recently when I found out her son had returned home from Walmart recently and said "Mom, it's the weirdest thing... I saw Adam at the store but it wasn't Eva with him. What was weird was that it looked like it must have been her younger sister."

Gotta love it. He was sure it wasn't me. Know how he knew? He told his mom that the woman with Adam was much more thin and a lot taller.

ROFL

Why is it we call people "tall and thin" or "short and fat" but we never refer to someone as short and thin or tall and fat??

So are we all sick of the election?

I am part of a christian community who assumes we all are republicans.

On the other hand I'm part of a working community who assumes we all are democrats.

I refuse to discuss it. When pinned against the wall though, I will look at the other party and say something like this: "I just have one question... WHO would Archie Bunker vote for in this election?"

That sparks quite the conversation and takes the focus off my views.

Has the whole world gone spanko? Yesterday I had yet another one threaten to "beat me."

The pup is two today. Hard to believe. He grew up so fast.

Time to dig out the jewelry for tonight.

Bye, y'all!!!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fancy stuff tonight, I'm sure you will look marvelous darling!

    I knew Adam was having an affair. I could see that in him. She's probably a skinny bitch, right? LMAO!

    Ok, just joking, but seriously, wouldn't it be fun to pretend you were having an affair with him? Sneak around and see if anyone will tell you....LOL How fun that would be!

    Knock em' dead gorgeous! You deserve it!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, nice to have you so chatty.
    Isn't that what grandma's are for.
    I hope that yopu had a wonderful time yesterday.
    Stay well oh slinky doll.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the baby update/Hope u had fun tonight. I don't like fancy dinners.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace
    Have a wonderful time. I'll bet you look fantastic. Have fun with your "lover" Adam. Give them all something to talk about at the party ;)
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun...great to hear you sharing...this is one lucky grand daughter! :-)

    ReplyDelete