Life's a bitch.
And then....
You die.
Well okay maybe it's really not THAT bad but let me tell you about the bitch of a 24 hours Adam and I have had.
This weekend we moved offspring #3 about 325 miles from home. She and a roomie found a nice little place and have jobs lined up to pay for it. We left yesterday about 1 in the afternoon for what we thought would be a 7 hour drive home.
HA!!
First off, we got caught in a traffic jam between two tunnels that set us back 90 minutes. That sucked. The same spot set us back three hours a year ago so we were at least thankful that it wasn't that bad.
But then.....
Well here....
See for yourself...
We were about 30 minutes from home when we got caught up in this mess.....
That's a dead deer under Adam's new Jeep. We've owned it 4 months.Effin' deer.
He was a buck. Had one antler left when they pulled the vehicle off him.
We were about 30 minutes from home. We almost made it. Dang deer was standing in the middle of the highway. There was hardly any traffic. Very dark.
I saw him first and yelled at Adam to not hit him.
If he (the deer) had just continued to stay still we would have passed around his ass end. But nnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... freakin' thing did a U-turn and ran right into our path.
We have no idea how much the damage will be.
The tow truck driver gave us a ride to town. This morning I called off work. So did Adam. He ended up going in later but I didn't bother.
Here's the salt on the wound....
My car is 5 years old. I've owned it 4 of those years. It has never and I mean NEVER not once let me down... until this morning. We were headed out to take the Jeep key to the body shop when my stinking car would NOT start. Battery.
Got it going and then the hood wouldn't close....
I've had a burned out turn signal for about 2 weeks now. So $200 later I have a new battery, a new hood latch and a working turn signal.
Adam? He has a rental.
I can only pray that our insurance doesn't jack our rates or drop us.
Sigh.
Oh, and if you scroll back up and look closely... those are deployed airbags. If you've ever experienced that, it sucks. The vehicle filled with what I thought was smoke and we both thought Bambi's dad (Grace named him that) was coming through our windshield. Adam is still coughing like crazy from inhaling it.. whatever it was.. and it is still annoying my throat.
So yup... life's a bitch but really, I'm not ready to die yet.
So the good news is that the nest is empty again finally.
Who knows, maybe I will find my libido lurking around here somewhere.
You think YOU have problems? What about Bambi's dad? It looks to me like his problems are a little worse than yours.....
ReplyDeleteOf course...
He's now dead.
So maybe his problems aren't so bad anymore.
As a matter of fact, maybe his life was a bitch and THAT is WHY he died!
Sometimes I'm so smart I surprise myself!
Anyway, the good news is, you and Adam are ok. The insurance will be fine, you will be fine, Adam will be fine and the Jeep? Even the jeep will be fine.
I don't want to run out of wisdom in one shot, so I better go now.
Love you!
grace
I am so glad you are both ok. Cars, insurance...all that stuff can be fixed... hugs, Terps
ReplyDeleteI have seen the damage deer can cause when they collide with vehicles. I am thankful you and Adam are ok. I think life has to be a bitch sometimes so you can appreciate the good days even more. Enjoy empty nest time alone with Adam.
ReplyDeleteCiao
I Gal
Wow, you sure did have a time of it. I hope all works out well. As Italian Gal says, the bad times do help us appreciate the good times, but it sure would help if it was spread out a bit more, right? I'm just glad you are both okay and not injured.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
Eva, gosh, I'm so glad that you are both OK, everything else can be fixed.
ReplyDeleteYou and Adam are in my thoughts.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Hey. Glad you are okay. You are indeed very lucky. Sometimes the animal goes through the windshield and seriously injures people or worse. I'm glad you are okay!
ReplyDeleteI didn't hear about there being any stuff in the air bags. That's disturbing isn't it? I've always been afraid of those things, fearing they would break my glasses and blind me.
I guess that cars can be mended...and poor Bambi's Dad will have to go to Bambi heaven and do his bitching about the guy who doesn't think as fast as his wife sees. LOL!
Well I've talked to you about the deer and such so I will address the other part. I think Paul described the libido best when he called it a scaredy cat. Anything unusual or bothersome it runs off. Now that the house if finally your again it just might creep back when things really settle down. Maybe you will find it hiding behind the bedroom door on in the closet. Just smile at it and be nice and before you know it it's going to be crawling right into bed with you!
ReplyDeleteLove you twin
Apparently this is the time of year that the deer are out at those inconvenient times. Last October hubby hit a deer with his precious Chrysler 300 (w/ hemi - we no longer have that gas guzzler). That was one big suck pill.
ReplyDeleteAnywho - big dollar damage and the police never found his deer. The insurance was fine. Our rates didn't go up at all.
The good news - you two are fine. Cars are inanimate objects. Sad for Bambi's kin but it could have been a moose. Now that would have been nasty. Greenwoman's right and we New Englander's know the potential damage that can happen from these occurrences.
I'm glad to hear from you and that you are fine!
Hugs,
Debbie :)
Yup..i agree about the life's a bitch part..just glad you guys are ok..Our insurance didn't go up and the deer totaled my car..hugs..
ReplyDeleteOMG! You guys were so lucky! Yeah, I know, hitting a deer and deploying airbags, where's the luck in that? I'm so sorry it happened and I'm so grateful you're both alright.
ReplyDeleteHitting a deer is one of my greatest driving fears. Many years ago, I was coming home from a long road trip. It was 2:30 in the morning. I was on I-5 and was on the steep descent down the Siskiyous into Oregon. I'd just gone around a huge sweeping curb. I was going about 70 when right in front of me was a huge three point buck. I had time to correct and drop into the other lane. Guess what was in that lane? His doe. I managed to get back into the other lane without hitting her either. It felt as if God had placed his hand on the roof of my speeding car and wove me right between those two animals. I was in a sports car and would likely have ended up with a deer through the windshield that night.
Maybe your libido is in the room #3 just left. Go look!
*hugs*
CeeCi
So glad you and Adam are ok. Yeah, air bags deployed are awful.
ReplyDeleteJean