Sunday, October 19, 2008

Putting a Finger on It

It's been a week since the deer accident. All is well... at least it should be soon.

Adam's jeep will require over four thousand dollars worth of repairs. Yes, we have good insurance. In the meantime he's driving a nice new one of these:

It's nice and all but I think he misses his jeep. It should be done in another week or so... at least that's what "they" say.

Offspring #3 got a job. She starts day after tomorrow. Good thing, too, since she has things like rent and utilities to pay now.

Fall is here. I love it. The leaves are beautiful. The air is cool and crisp. Soups and other comfort foods taste wonderful.

If only winter didn't have to follow!!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter? I do, you know. It's cold and the snow slows me way down. It can be frustrating.

At least there's always another spring.

My weight is still good. I've gained a few pounds since I went back to work two months ago but it's all about off again. It's nice to be able to eat real food again but I do have to watch.

Let's see... what else is new?

No spanking.

No sex.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I just don't care. I've even thought about shutting this blog down...

... or abandoning it....

But there's a lot of me here so that won't happen.

It's just....

well I've given up on ever taking it back to the aspect of spanking. It's just not in me right now. I kept thinking it would return ... that feeling ... you know the one.

It hasn't.

Sigh.

And I've quit expecting it to. The nest is empty though so who knows. Maybe one of these days. Truth of the matter is though Adam and I are somewhat disconnected these days. He's busy with work and when he is home that's mostly what we talk about... his work... or mine.

It's amazing how you can be married as long as we have... know someone as well as we know each other but not be able to put your finger on what's missing.

I guess it's hard to figure out what's missing when it doesn't feel all that wrong.

So how about the election?

Okay.. okay we won't go there but you have to admit that some of it is quite entertaining...

Sarah Palin...

Tina Fey...

Joe the plumber....

I don't know about you other U.S. of A. citizens but I'll be glad when the election is over. It's getting old....

I saw a sign someone taped to his mini van. It said, "Mama, mama... save me from Obama."

Geeze.

He's not THAT scary.

I kind of like the guy. I like Palin too. Guess we can't have them both, huh?

Remember last year when I was whining about the foo-foo affair that Adam made me go to?

It's that time again.

I got a dress.

It's red.

And glittery.

Ummmmm... you gotta understand.. I don't DO dresses. This is out of my comfort zone as much this year as it was last year. Although I will say that last year turned out to be a not so bad time so I am not dreading it this year quite as badly as I did last year.

OH!!!! And my granddaughter will be here before we know it.

I got to hold a tiny tiny tiny new baby today. It felt good. I can't wait till we have our own.

And yup.. they have named her already. I know that could change however they had her name embroidered onto a blanket so I guess they are pretty sure about this.

How's the gas prices in your neck of the woods? I saw it all over town today for $2.58. I'll take it!!! The lower it goes, the better... at least for my wallet. I know, I know.. it's not necessarily good news for the economy.

Sigh.

So that's the highlights of my life these days... nothing too exciting... just normal life.

Hope your world is peaceful!!!



14 comments:

  1. Don't you even think about it! You are more than spanking and sex, and this is where your friends are - don't shut us out when you're feeling down. No dumping the blog! You will get connected again, a marriage just cycles like that at times. At our ages, sex really cycles like that, but it too will come back if you keep trying occasionally, and remind yourself that you want and can have that - and don't put too much pressure on yourself. It's worth it in the long run. And look forward to that baby! Whoo hoo! What fun that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was like that at your age..Sex was just something i had to do...i don't feel that way now. Shutting the blog down..i certainly hope not..Cold..the weather channel says freezing rain here..it's not..it's 30 and clear but i don't appreciate their humor at at 3:30 in the morning!! I love to hold my goddaughter. She's incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get healthy again and I hear you talking like this? I'm here because your a friend and special. Now quit talking nonsense and have a great day and stay warm this morning.

    *hugs*
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure you know my feelings on you shutting down the blog - I would hate that and I would get to talk to you anyway.

    I am pretty sure that you desires will return on their own and I also think there are things you could both do to help that alone. But that will happen when you want it to.

    So it's time to get girly-girl again. Can't wait for pictures.

    It's 33 degrees here this morning and gas in 2.99. Hi-ho, hi-ho it off to work I go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I you you know this already but your friendship is about all of you, not just the aspect of spanking, and I know I speak for many when I say I am glad that your blog is still continuing. And regarding life, sometimes life is just like that, going through the day to day...if something is missing you will find it...sometimes when you are not even looking for it... And red and sparkly...can't wait to see it. :-) Hugs, Terps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I almost forget...my husband told me the weather forcast has s---- in it!!! for Wednesday here!!! I am sure just a sprinkling, but does it not seem a bit early???
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva, what goes round comes round.
    Mel had episodes like that when sh entered her forties, she got over tham and so will you.
    Don't pull the blog, I'll haunt you if you do.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Eva--what they all said! Keep blogging, we love to know what is going on with you, even if it doesn't include spanking. Don't give up on that, by the way, as you never know when that urge might return!

    Big hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wet flakes here predicted for Wednesday - dammit! Its toooooo early!

    Eva, dahling, we love you whenever you post. As we all know now: it doesn't have to be about spanking.

    You have so many exciting things going on in your life. a baby grandchild coming - how exciting can that be? Lots, I'm sure.

    Don't worry too much about Libby. She's a fickle witch. When she's in - she's in and its all good. I give up with her myself but if she wants to pay a visit, I welcome her with open arms. Let's see - she was here a week ago. Maybe she's a health nut and walking to your house. It would be a long walk.

    Stay warm....and gas prices here are hovering anywhere between $2.54 and $2.92 for regular unleaded. That's quite a swing, wouldn't you say. I don't have time to drive around and waste gas to buy the cheapest gas. Gotta love the USA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eva
    PLEASE dont pull your plug. I went on sabbatical instead of doing that. I really enjoy reading your blog. I have not been spanked in 2weeks- probably why I can't write?? You have friends out here who love hearing from you and care about you.
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how come you guys have the cheap gas prices? They're still hovering at $3.20 a gallon around here. Wouldn't you know it, I got all excited at $3.41.

    Good thing... no snow in our forecast. Bad thing... you thinking you're not interesting.

    Once, a very long time ago (in blog years) I lamented about the same thing. A wise and wonderful friend said to me "it was the spanking that brought me here, it's everything else that keeps me coming back."* Post once a week, once a month, or whenever the feeling moves you.

    Hugs!
    CeeCi

    *those great words came from Marcus, nearly two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How come YOU get the cheap gas? We are still in the 3.30 range!

    Snow? Not sure what that is...could you describe it for me?

    Take this blog down? Are you NUTS?

    Take this blog down and you will definatly get a spanking....and PK is a switch so she will be happy to do it for me!

    Give Adam a hug and hang in there girl....when was the last time you saw spanking on MY blog?

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, but your title keeps taunting me every time I look on my blog roll.

    Can I just say....

    If you put your finger on it, the labido might just come back.

    THERE, I said it, and now I feel better....

    Good day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impish~ Have we met? How are you? Nice to meet you!!! And don't worry, I'm not taking it down. There's too much of me in it. Besides, I don't want to see it hijacked by a porn site. LOL

    Mthc~ Like that at my age? You are my age!!! Well not too far from it!! And they are calling for snow in my neck of the woods. Geeze. I want summer back and I want it NOW!!!

    Hi David!! How are you feeling??

    Twin~ I hate the girly-girl stuff. EWE!!!! And I saw gas today for $2.39. It's been a nice break.

    Terps~ The red sparkly dress comes out in a week. I'll be sure to let you know when the pictures are up. And heck yes, it's EARLY for that S@#$ crap!!!

    Paul~ Don't worry. The blog's not going anywhere. I don't want to be haunted!!! LOL

    Kallisto~ Honestly I don't think it will ever return!!!

    Debbie~ It's FREEZING here!!! How about there? But gas prices are falling...

    SIG~ Don't worry... the blog isn't going anywhere.... even if I don't post much.

    CeeCi~ You have the most wise, wonderful friends on the planet!!!

    Grace~ It's not white and fluffy as rumor would have it. It's white, wet, and colder than a witches brass... ummm... you know. And I'm glad you feel better.

    Sigh....

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete