Monday, June 9, 2008

JP Drains, Car Shopping, and Feta Cheese

Adam continues to battle the headaches. He is seeing a specialist tomorrow. Fingers crossed and praying hard that it's nothing serious. He also is seeing a chiropractor. Truthfully, I think that will be the key to fixing this. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm healing fairly well. I'm getting around quite nicely. I just can't lift much or drive yet. I get tired a bit quicker than normal but every day is better than the day before. I'm so
glad to be on the other side of this surgery, you have no idea. I see my doc on Wednesday. I'm hopeful that one of my two JP drains will come out that day. The other is to come out in two weeks. And the staples? I have no idea how long they will stay in but I'm ready for those to come out also... all 75 of them!!! (I made Adam count)

The insurance company is giving us more than we expected for our daughter's totaled car. We're going car shopping for her today. Fingers crossed that we find something affordable that's good on gas that she actually likes. She loved her old car so I'm going to feel bad if we can't find something that she likes as well.

We made grilled pizza yesterday. We split a loaf of frozen bread dough in two. Spread it out on a cookie sheet as thin as we could. Coated the grill with olive oil. Preheated it as hot as we possibly could. Turned the heat down to low. Carefully threw the dough on. Cooked it about 4 minutes, then turned it over. Coated it with olive oil. Covered it with slice of fresh mozzarella and chopped fresh spinach. Topped that with sauteed mushrooms, cherry tomato halves, red onion, peppers, Canadian bacon, and garlic. Then topped that with grated Feta cheese.

I gotta tell you, it was an experience. A PLEASANT one. Adam saw Paula Deen make this on the food network and wanted to try it. I didn't have the heart to tell him it would never work, that the dough would fall through the grill rack and burn for sure and that the mix of veggies would probably taste bad on it not to mention who REALLY eats Feta cheese?

Well guess what?

The dough did not fall through the rack. It cooked beautifully. It did stick a tiny bit but really not bad at all. The veggies were PERFECT. The cheese was perfect. It was amazingly good and we'll be making it again for sure.

I'm going to go now. I've been meaning to change the ticker so I'll go do that now!!

Hugs to you all!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Pizza sounds good. I hope the Drs. find out what's causing Adam's headache.75 staples..i'd want them out too! You just keep losing that weight..pretty soon we won't be able to find you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOhoooo what a beautiful shapely woman we have here. I will have to try the pizza for sure. Make sure Adam still takes it easy still always thinking of both of you.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, congratulations on the weight loss.
    I also hope that the doctors can help with Adam's headache, a chiropractor is probably the better bet.
    I love Feta cheese, I love it in a salad, the pizza sounds nice.
    Enjoy the summer break.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! on the ticker!!! How's it feel? (aside from the staples and drains that is lol)

    The pizza sounds yummy, but couldn't you have used pepperoni, spicy sausage, bacon and mushrooms? LOl!

    ~ Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the ticker...that is fabulous. Hope your doctor's appointment goes well today. Thinking of you and Adam and wishing you both well. Pizza sounds good...may have to try that sometime this summer... :-) Hugs, Terpsichore

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pizza sounds fabulous! I enjoy Paula Deen too.

    I have always wanted to try making pizza (the perfect food) that way, but Ron is a bit too anal about his barbecue to allow anything oozy or melty near it. We'll have to start off with cooked pizza shells, I think. I love feta!

    Hugs,
    Hungry Hermione

    ReplyDelete