We slept in. I'm enjoying the time with Adam.
I'm cooking quite a bit even though I can't eat much of what I have made this weekend. Later today our daughter and son in law are coming for dinner. Hopefully the roads will be cleared enough for them to make the 7.5 mile drive. I am making their favorite - ribs. Along with that we'll have some green beans, applesauce, and potato salad. Oh, and I'll be baking some biscuits too. I baked Adam's favorite cake. It's from scratch. No box mix for this baby. Wanna see a picture? It's a red velvet cake but you can probably tell that from the picture.

So I know.... it's a bit sloppy looking. Would you believe me if I said it's SUPPOSED to look that way? I'm hoping to eat three bites ... three SMALL bites of it just for memory's sake. It's been a while since I made one of these.
With the good dinner and the red cake with ice cream today is a celebration. Both Adam and our son in law have birthdays this week.
Oh, and I'm working on a batch of chicken and dumplings, too. We have company coming Tuesday night and I've promised this to them. Seeing as this is a dish you don't want to rush and also it's better the second time around anyhow, I'm making it today. I'll keep it in the fridge till Tuesday morning. Then I'll put it into the crockpot on low all day. It will be perfect by then. I have a picture of this to show you. I made this batch a couple weeks ago. I took a picture of it to torment PK with. Now I guess I can torment you all, too.

Yum. Trust me, this dish is to die for if you are a chicken and dumplings fan... which I am.
Nope it's not just Adam. I can't speak for all men, only one other!
ReplyDeleteUmmm the chicken and dumplings do look, nice and thick and yummy!
So I make a cream cheese frosting on my red velvet cake, what is this one you have? Looks fluffy and delicious! Please share!
Huggs
Theresa
Oh yeah and it's not sloppy looking. It is very rustic and homemade looking!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
It must be the angle at which or backsides are pointed out as we bend into the sink to wash dishes or reach into the fridge to get that dish way in the back. Makes mine just have to grab a kitchen tool and go for it!
ReplyDeleteFrom the looks and descriptions of your food you must be one GREAT cook!
Hugs, Sally
I think Sally has it figured out. I'd add that while you are working, it's hard to avoid a swat too.
ReplyDeleteThat food looks good. Not good for me, but I bet it TASTES good. :)
Wow Eva, that looks good enough to eat. Chuckle.
ReplyDeleteThe smack on the butt while working is a great sign of approbation, it's very much a good girl smack, you can be proud.
You must be a great good cook, if I ever win the lottery, I'm dropping in.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Yum, yum! You're making me hungry! I love barbecued ribs; it's one of our standard summer meals.
ReplyDeleteSummer. Sigh!
Hugs,
snowed-in Hermione
Again with this snowed-in stuff???
ReplyDeleteSince I've been out to the beach about 3 times this past week, wearing SHORTS, no less, I just don't get the whole snowed in stuff!
But the cooking sounds heavenly, I just wish I liked to cook!
HUGS!
grace
Thanks for the frosting recipe!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Well I don't get whacked when I'm working in the kitchen but you can probably guess why that is.
ReplyDeleteThe cake just makes me sad because I can't have any. You do realize that the more food pictues you post the more things you are going to have to make me when I come to see you. So actually keep doing it! I am looking forward to the rib the most.
Love you twin
I am making the chicken and dumpling recipe tomorrow night...I just bought all the ingredients at the store. I am sure that the cake is yummy! :-) Keep smiling!
ReplyDeleteAll those goodies..you should be on the food network. For the record David smacks in the kitchen too. Of course there are lots of weapons to be found in there!!
ReplyDeleteEva I think PK just hit the nail on the head. Get in that kitchen and cook, and get that bottom swatted!
ReplyDeleteHehehehe Huggs
Theresa
hehehe!! The snow missed us this time! We're high and dry!! :-) For once we were too cold for the snow! :-) But snowed in and sleeping in? Sounds heavenly!! OOH And the food. ... yum! Looks AWESOME!!! :-) You do have a low cal recipe for that chicken and dumplings right?
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Carye
Both look yummy. I do hope they get the snow cleared for school Monday morning. I know you would miss those wonderful students with another day off.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Red velevet cake. My favorite!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the weight loss!
-Jes
The cake looks good, but the chicken and dumplings look even better! Haven't had that in soooo long.
ReplyDeleteReading Sally's comment tells me what I've been doing wrong!! I don't reach far enough back in the fridge. That will change this weekend! Now, keep your fingers crossed MrC gets the hint! *g*
Enjoy your snow, we're going to be upper 80s today.
Happy B'day to Adam!
~Hugs!
How long you planning on being snowed in???
ReplyDeleteI MISS YOU!
HUGS!
grace