Most of you know Carye and Terpsichore. They are regular readers/commenters without a blog of their own. They have each bestowed upon me the honor and privilege of publishing their individual memes.
First up is Carye~
1. What is your occupation?
First up is Carye~
1. What is your occupation?
full time mom, and part time computer data validation and programming person.
2. What color are your socks right now?
No socks on, but mine are white :-)
3. What are you listening to right now?
my husband looking at butterflies on the computer with my youngest son trying to settle him for sleep!
4. Last thing you ate?
home made pizza, 6 types of veggies, and 5 types of fruit
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
yep, my first cars were all stick! I love stick shift. too bad conversion vans don't come with them!
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Yellow! Bright, warm happy color
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
my daughters piano teacher so I could pick up her math flash cards that she left there!
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Absolutely love her!
9. How old are you?
9. How old are you?
42 and 8.25 months
10. Favorite drink?
10. Favorite drink?
coke zero! and propel!
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
football and gymnastics
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?
nope
13. Pets?
breeding guppies, and praying mantis pods.
14. Favorite food?
14. Favorite food?
hmmm. too many to count.... probably hostess 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes!
15. What was the last movie you watched?
the princess bride
16. What was the last book you read?
Shoo! Fly Guy!
17. What do you do to vent anger?
yell at my husband, and usually end up getting spanked!
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
chemistry set, and hotwheels cars
19. What is your favorite season?
19. What is your favorite season?
Summertime!
20. Hugs or kisses?
20. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs
21. Cherries, Blueberries or Strawberries?
MMMM LOVE THEM ALL but my favorite would have to be cherries.
And now our friend Terpsichore~
1. What is your occupation?
nurse of booboos and runny noses, singer of lullabies,
caretaker of well loved dollies, stuffed animals and
other toys, personal shopper, house cleaner (sometimes),
chauffeur, laundry mat, cook (out of necessity), baker
of cookies and birthday cakes, teacher, referee, event
coordinator, letter writer and card sender, bill payer,
art curator of finger paintings, playdough sculptures,
and other abstract art, clothing consultant, detective
(to find missing toys, miscellaneous objects, and socks
taken by the sock fairy), assistant to Santa Claus,
the Easter Bunny, and in training to be assistant to the
toothfairy, and believer in all things magical...yes,
I am Mommy to two small children and wife to the love
of my life...and when I am not taking care of my own
children I work part time as a teacher taking care of
other people's children and hopefully inspiring them to
become creative individuals as much as they inspire me...
2. What color are your socks right now?
black...however, most of the time I am barefoot...
3. What are you listening to right now?
the chatter of my children.talking with one
another and the sound of the music from the
Nutcracker in the background...
4. Last thing you ate?
yogurt
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
No...my husband has wanted me to learn
since he first met me...maybe someday...
or maybe not...
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
As my students would say if they cannot
make a decision...every color of the
rainbow... :-) Truly though I like
deep colors - true reds, majestic purples,
forest greens, and royal blues...as
for the color I would most wear - that
would be black (though I suppose that
is the absence of color) :-)
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My husband
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
Very much so!
9. How old are you?
30 something...ok, I will be 35 in
another month
10. Favorite drink?
water (plain or with lemon)...I know,
boring but truly it is...
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Hmmm...does watching "So you think you
can Dance" and "Dancing with the stars"
count??? If not...then....ice-skating...
and I have been known to keep my husband
company from time to time when he watches
Nascar...
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Not until recently but yes...started
getting grey hair in college and finally
decided to do something about it after
the birth of my first child a few years
ago...
13. Pets?
Not at the moment...I can barely manage
the chaos with two young children running
around not to mention anything else
added to that welcomed insanity...but
definitely someday would love to have a
pet...I grew up with lots of animals
around and would love for my children to
experience having pets too...
14. Favorite food?
Ice cream
15. What was the last movie you watched?
I watched Mary Poppins with my children...
and right now we are watching the
Nutcracker
16. What was the last book you read?
I admit it has been a while - this summer
I finished the Harry Potter series and
loved every minute...
17. What do you do to vent anger?
Honestly I have a hard time being angry...
I am extremely sensitive and usually
cry...but have been known to yell at my
kids...and I hate when I do...sometimes
to vent anger I will give myself a
timeout - just some space to be by myself
for a moment...
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
I had a favorite ragdoll, Ginny dolls,
star wars figures I played with my brothers,
and I loved playing dress up, and dancing
with dresses that twirled - I know...girly...
what can I say? :-)
19. What is your favorite season?
I love watching the change of all the
seasons...I just wish we had more spring
and fall...and less of the season we are
currently in...
20. Hugs or kisses?
I love both but if I have to choose only
one...hugs.
21. Cherries, Blueberries or Strawberries?
I love most fruit.
Terpsichore I enjoyed getting to know you. As far as your occupation, I used to do that too! I wondered who had replaced me!
ReplyDeleteOk so you played with Star Wars toys....uhh I feel old! I was in college when the first came out!
Anyway loved your answers!
Thanks Eva!
Huggs
Theresa
Carye 42 was my all time favorite age...enjoy what is left!
ReplyDeleteUh as far as the pets...I'll stick with the cat!
Thanks Eva!
Huggs
Theresa
Carye and Terpsichore! Two of my favorite people!! Glad to see you here.
ReplyDeleteCarye ~ I bet your kids would really like a kitten, one that will not eat the guppies! I am going to try yelling at my husband. I need to do something to get him spanking again!
Terpsichore ~ You need a kitten too! Everyone does! You may just be a baby but I love all your answers. Your occupations are great. I tried them all but the tooth fairy traumatized me.
I am a big Potter fan too.
Hugs,
PK
Thanks for sharing guys!
ReplyDeletePrincess Bride, one of my all time favorite movies!
-Jess
Eva, this is really noble of you, sharing your space with two such young ones. Chuckle!!
ReplyDeleteCarye and Terpsichore, thanks for doing this meme, it's always good to learn more about our friends.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Eva, Thanks for doing this for Carye and Terpsichore. I learned alot about them this morning.
ReplyDeleteWatch out for that wicked winter storm headed your way. 71 yesterday in our part of the woods.
*hugs and grins*
Thanks Eva...
ReplyDeleteCarye, I love the movie Princess Bride...
PK...I would love a kitten but am allergic...my daughter however has an imaginary kitten that fits in the palm of her hand -so cute :-)
Jessica and Paul...thanks :-)
Theresa...it is the most challenging and rewarding job I have ever had...
David...about that nice weather you are having...please share...
Have a great day everyone!
Great reading about you guys. 35..still so young..42..still younger then me. Seems there is a lot of working with "little ones" in blogland. P.S. David's nice weather is coming to an end!
ReplyDeleteVery nice to learn about you both. I am always happy when I learn more about the people in our neighborhood.
ReplyDelete~Lori~
Super fun reading two memes in one!!!
ReplyDelete(am I a poet and didn't know it?)
Nice to know that I'm not the youngest around these parts. I get tired of PK calling me the baby. (Ok, I secretly enjoy it, but don't tell her)
Love all your answers and I decided that I need to change my answer to the hugs and kisses one. I would like my answers to say KISSES as in Hersheys KISSES! YUM YUM!
Now, when did ya'll say you were starting that blog??????
Hurry up already!
HUGS!
grace