Saturday, January 5, 2008

Stolen Meme - 2007

I just love memes. For one thing, it gives me a post when I normally wouldn't have much to say and for another thing, I like reading others' responses when they steal it too!!

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?


I had gastric bypass surgery and have lost nearly 120 pounds so far.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't really make any but I did have it in the back of my mind a year ago that "this time next year I will be thinner and my pain will be gone. Both have come to pass.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?


No, darn it.


4. Did anyone close to you die?


I lost a co-worker quite unexpectedly. That sucked.


5. What countries did you visit?


Other than the USA? Ummmm.... I was in Canada in 1981.


6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?


A grandchild.


7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


June 22. I met PK in person for the first time.

August 13. That was the day my life changed forever. Surgery date.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?


Losing over 100 pounds.


9. What was your biggest failure?


Gosh, not that I'm perfect but I can't think of a thing.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?


I'd been in excruciating pain for years due to my weight. That's all in the past now.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Gosh, I dunno. I love the new coffee maker but I didn't buy it. It was a gift. I would have bought it though and already had plans to do so the day after Christmas.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?


My children. They are amazing... each in their own way.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?


The friend who borrowed money from me with the promise to pay it back on Wednesday. Ummm... that was six months ago. Is it Wednesday yet?


14. Where did most of your money go?


Bills, food, tuition


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?


A two week road trip with Adam, meeting PK, losing over 100 pounds.


16. What song will always remind you of 2007?


Anything sung by Melinda Doolittle


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?


a - Happier, b - thinner, c - about the same.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Blogging


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?


Worry and complain.


20. How did you spend Christmas?


With family, eating, opening gifts, pigging out.


21. Did you fall in love in 2007?


Yes, with Adam... again. Ain't love grand? It keeps happening over and over again.


22. What was your favorite TV program?


Food network stuff, American Idol, Reruns of Reba.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


Hate is such an ugly word but yes, I suppose that I do. A very close friend turned on my family like a junkyard dog just because she couldn't run Adam's world at work. Long story. It was a disappointing time in my life.


24. What was the best book you read?


Wow.. I think it's called the mirror. It was a long time ago. I'd love to read it again.


25. What was your greatest musical discovery?


Melinda Doolittle


26. What did you want and get?


A pain free body.


27. What did you want and not get?


A grandchild.


28. What was your favorite film of this year?


I'm so not a movie person.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


I turned 44 and must not have done anything special because I don't remember much... except a wild party in blogland.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?More money?


I can't imagine. It's been a good year.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?


It's all over the map. Now that I've lost weight my tastes have changed.


32. What kept you sane?


Adam supporting me 100 % through all that I've been through.


33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


Fancy? What the heck does that mean?


34. What political issue stirred you the most?


Let's not talk politics or religion, shall we?


35. Who did you miss?


PK every time one of us had to go home.


36. Who was the best new person you met?


PK for sure!!!


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.


I can't be who my dog thinks I am.


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


This is the way to the freedom I've only dreamed of.
These are the wings I was never allowed to try.
Come closer and hear me, there's a world out there to see.
I say this day belongs to me.

This is the day I make lovers and friends of strangers.
My turn to learn about wonderful love and care.
Our love will be gentle, sentimental, spread its wings
This day belongs to you and me. I believe it.
If the stars are in our corner we'll have love and laughter. And love is long overdue.
If you see light in my sympathetic eyes, it's for you. For you, all for you.

This is the door I have waited so long to open.
This is the day when I'm given my room to breathe.
One chance in a lifetime, and my name is on the key.
I say this day belongs to me. I believe it.
If the stars are in my corner I'll have love and laughter.
This day belongs to me.

7 comments:

  1. Eva, thanks for this wonderful meme.
    It's always good to learn more about our friends.
    I love the words to that song.
    I think this year will be perfect for you and Adam.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you...always fun to learn about people...who is the artist that wrote the song? very pretty lyrics...Best wishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? You lost over 100 pounds? Who would have guessed!!! LOL

    Love all your shows, I watch Reba over and over.

    Ummmm...Do I still owe you that money? I promise, this Wednesday for sure!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. So YOU are the one who discovered Melinda Doolittle? Wow, good find. She was the best on the show and got robbed of the title. 100 pounds. I'm still in shock. What an amazing accomplishment that bring soooo many benefits.

    hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the meme's too! :-) And I think your 2007 was awesome!!!!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope 2008 is the best year yet for your family.

    *hugs and grins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twin I do know how wonderful your year had been. I have been so lucky to have been able to witness and be a part of the change. When we first began talking you were in pain and just discouraged about your weight. Like I have told you before I am glad we met then. It has been fantastic being apart of this amazing year for you. I can't wait to see what this year will hold for you.

    Love you twin

    ReplyDelete