Anyhow, there are three such "little things" that have happened this week that I thought I'd share.
1) The ticker has tumbled three more pounds. I keep hoping for another one of those 7 or 8 pound weeks but like I said the little things are monumental. As long as I keep losing, all loss is GOOD!!!
2) I have to leave the house in 40 minutes to take the pup for his "spa day." In the meantime I had looked at the clock and realized I could color my hair quick before I go. I have a lot to do today so I need to make use of every moment. Anyhow, the monumental event that has occurred is that while I'm waiting to rinse, I am sitting here wrapped in a towel. Big deal? Oh, yeah. I haven't had a towel - ANY towel - fit around me in ages. No more old, disgusting 5X hair coloring shirt for me. I think I'll throw it out.
And finally...
3) For a while now... probably about six weeks, I've been attempting this feat. Last night it finally happened. I was able to slide my original wedding band on and wear it comfortably. I had refused to wear it until I could put it on and take it off easily which happened last night. Adam was thrilled. I hadn't worn a wedding band in YEARS.And this isn't monumental but something that excites the heck out of me. Years ago, I'd had a cappuccino maker. It long ago died. I think we threw it out. If we didn't, it is stored on some dirty shelf in the basement or something. Anyhow, I love
Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato but I'm sure that it's got more sugar in it than I'm allowed and I had no idea if there was a caffeine free version. Both things - sugar and caffeine are big no-no's for me. I got on line and did some research. Last night I found a Mr. Coffee Cappuccino maker on clearance for a mere 20 bucks. I already had the sugar free caramel syrup. I picked up the coffee I needed. Grabbed a bottle of sugar free vanilla syrup and a jar of Smucker's sugar free caramel sundae topping and guess what I am sitting here happily sipping on at the moment?Dang... life is not just good, it's EXCELLENT!!!! And I wish you all the same satisfaction that's in my world right now!!!
Eva, this is such good news, good news, It's extra special excellent news, I'm sure all your friends are proud of you, I know I am.
ReplyDeleteLove and warm hugs,
Paul.
This is one of the happiest post I have ever read!! Twin I love you so much that post like this just make my day!!!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon!
PK
Yeah this one brought tears to my eyes. The weight loss and cappuccino are great! But the towel and wedding band just filled my heart.
ReplyDeleteI am also trying to eat healthier. I think I need to check out this cappuccino idea!
I am so happy for you!
Love
Theresa
Oh, Hugs Eva, I had tears in my eyes reading this.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean and the towel one really hit home. Our towels now actually 'fit' me and something that simple was huge for me and had the ability to make me feel SO good about myself.
Well done with the wedding rings too, I also know that one. In fact I now wear them on a chain around my neck as they are too big for me and I haven't gotten around to getting them resized.
Hugs again, your doing great!
Dove
Eva, I am SOOOO thrilled for you! This post didn't make me just sit here and grin --- I've got an ear to ear smile going on, you're doing terrific!
ReplyDeleteAll of the small things we take for granted on a daily basis, but can bring such great joy to one person. Everyone should slow down and look for the small things!
~Hugs! I'm really proud of you! :)
Oh Eva! What a great uplifting post to come home to!! You brought tears of happiness to my eyes!!!! I am so very very happy for you! You have made that turn and are able to live life again! Pain free and you'll never need that shirt again!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you!
Carye