First off, take a minute and notice the above Ticker. Yes, I know. I'm disclosing my weight which is very hard to do however, I wanted to find a way to share my progress with you. My starting weight is what I weighed on May 11 of this year. I've managed to lose 35 pounds by making a few dietary changes. I cut out diet pop and all white carbs... bread, rice, potatoes, pasta.
Anyhow, I will be updating the ticker once a week so stay tuned and watch me melt!!!!
My back no longer hurts. People are coming right out and asking why- if my back isn't hurting and I've lost that much weight - am I still going through with the surgery.
Easy.
There's a number of reasons.
I need the permanence that the surgery will provide. I want/need that continual reminder nagging at me to watch what I eat and more importantly HOW MUCH I eat.
My weight has gone up and down my whole life. Mostly it's been up. When it has come down it's never stayed down for long and I'm tired of being a yo yo. I know. This surgery will NOT stop that but it will help ME to stop it.
Adam and I talked about it. We're celebrating our 26th anniversary in a couple weeks. We know each other well and we both agree that if I do not follow through with the surgery now, I will only gain the weight back and then some.... and be kicking myself for not having followed through.
Another thing..... HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO.... I still have over 100 pounds to lose. That's a lot. I need HELP. I do not have it in me to stay the course without the aid of this procedure.
So that's pretty much why I'm still going through with it.
I've been having some trouble sleeping. Adam said I even talked in my sleep the other night. I NEVER talk in my sleep. He said he and the pup both sat up and looked at me. He couldn't understand what I was saying though. I told him I wasn't surprised. I dreamed I was at work. A coworker and I were looking in this big mirror and he's saying "I'm telling you, there are ghosts living in that mirror. Look harder." And then these white love seats came into view inside the mirror but I couldn't see the ghosts.
Damn Harry Potter.
Yes, I got the books. I'm only on the first one but I know it is why I had that dream.
Offspring #1 is home. She lives about 2 hours west of the Mississippi. She flew in. Picked her up at the airport late last night. She's here till next Wednesday. I feel bad that she took the time off work to come home for my surgery. I didn't ask her to. She wanted to. On the way home from the airport I told her all that. She said, "shut up." So I did. It wasn't in a mean way or anything. It was in a "mom, I love you" way.
I found a blender which crushes ice and is a food processor too. I'm in my glory. It crushes ice to the consistency of a smoothie that you can only buy at the mall. How cool is that? Protein smoothies!! I had one this morning. Awesome!!! And the pitcher part of the blender, is big, fat and made of glass. Very sturdy, durable. I like it a lot. Sunday is a big day. Clear liquids, dulcolax, and enemas for me. Yeeee hawwwww. I can hardly contain the excitement!!! Then on Monday we have to be at the hospital by 7:30 a.m. and my surgery is scheduled for 10:30. I don't think I'll be back on before that since I want to spend time with my family these next few days and there's a lot to do. So you all take care!! And keep checking back.
I'll have PK bust in here and post updates next week, if she wouldn't mind and I will update myself ASAP. I'm due home from the hospital one week from today if all goes well. All warm, fuzzy, good thoughts and prayers are appreciated!! I love you all!!!
Good luck. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Take my advice, take your pain meds. Moving and coughing post op prevents complications. You can't move if you hurt!
ReplyDeleteIs the new blender the Oster Fusion? I want one so badly. I just can't see purchasing something more stuff that I will have to move! But I may have too!
Huggs
Theresa
Theresa~ I will do as all Doctors and Nurses tell me to because I do not want complications!! PK is coming and I have to be home when she gets here!!
ReplyDeleteNo, it's not an Oster. It's a Cuisenart. I liked it the best of all the ones we looked at. I've added a picture for you.
Hugs~
Eva
Eva, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteIt will work and there will not be complications.
You will reach your target weight.
There is that positive enough for you. *G*
Love you girl, see you in a week, take care.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Biggest hugs, honey! I am so happy for you! I know you will do well, you have such a good attitude about it all. Have fun with the daughter while she is there. I will be thinking of you on Sunday, when you have all the fun "cleaning out your guts" activities, and especially on Monday, when you have your surgery. I know you are going to love seeing the ticker change at the top of your blog!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs,
Kallisto
Eva, I have been very quiet for what seems like a very long time now. I don't know why. However, you are in my thoughts constantly as I have kept up with the progress of the summer of medical appointments. We'll all be waiting for the news when the surgery is over.
ReplyDeleteKudos to you for posting the ticker and double kudos for losing 35 pounds before the surgery.
Sunday sounds delightful (NOT, oh so NOT). I feel for you.
Hugs,
Debbie :)
YOU WILL SUCCEED! You have all the necessary tools.
ReplyDelete1. A great attitude
2. A desire to succeed
3 lots and lots and lots of support.
You will be in many thoughts and prayers, mine included. Can't wait to hear about your progress.
C
Good luck Eva,
ReplyDeleteWe're with you on this and you are in our hopes and prayers.
MTHC & David
Oh, I love that bender/processor thing from Cuisinart! I have one, too, but never thought about crushing ice in it. DUH!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, sweetie. I'll be thinking about you on Sunday and every day after, and watching here for updates from PK. You're going to do great and that ticker is going to move as if by magic. It will be so great to watch your progress.
Take care, love ya bunches...
Suzy
Good luck Eva. I'll be praying for you! No complications, Everything as it is expected if not better. I agree with the following through! Makes perfect sense to me. And when you recover I expect you to join the spanking diet group! You will afterall be dieting and exercising! Might think about doing one like scout does! Progress is based on how well you follow your diet and exercise plan!!!! :-) As are spankings! I'll miss you a lot! I already am missing you. I'll be out camping.... so won't have access until Monday anyway..... but still I'll miss ya.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carye
Very cool ticker. Looking forward to your progress. Very brave of you to share this journey with blogland. You'll no doubt help many people with your honesty. We're wishing you all the luck in the world.
ReplyDelete:)
~Todd & Suzy
Enjoy your time with your daughter, Eva. With all the love, support and prayers flying your way, everything will be fine.
ReplyDeleteI love you and I'm sending special thoughts for a smooth surgery and an easy recovery.
ciao bella~
CeeCi
Best wishes Eva! You will be in my prayers for a smooth surgery and a quick recovery. I know all will go well and you will reach and maintain your goals! How sweet for your daughter to come even when you told her it wasn't necessary.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sally
I've been praying for you, sweetie, and I'm so proud of you for taking this step!
ReplyDeleteEva, Remember I'm out here waiting and praying that the surgery is a success and those smoothies make a difference.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling better. You are a special twin and my thoughts are with you.
*uhgs and grins*
Paul~ Thank you! You are such a good man!!!
ReplyDeleteKallisto~ I'm sure you can imagine, I can't wait to change that ticker!!! I'm probably going to change it on the weekends. I can't wait!!!
Debbie~ There you are!!! Quit being a stranger!!! And thanks for the well wishes!!!
C~ Thank you and you are right! This will be a success story in the end.
Mthc and David~ Thank you!!!
Suzy~ ummmm ... does yours have a little button on it that says "ice?" And you never thought of crushing ice in it? Okay maybe it's just cuz an ice crusher was my motivation. I wasn't really looking for a new blender. I'm smiling though... I mean if you have the EXACT same one and it says ICE on one of the buttons... where you thinking that meant In Case of Emergency or something? ROFL
Okay okay... I'm picking on you. I'll stop. Love you!!!
Carye~ I don't think I'll join the group. I mean that wouldn't be fair since I will blow right by you all in no time. And then I'd start bragging. Then you'd all hate me. Then I'd have to find new friends.
Nah, I'll just keep all of you guys.
Todd and Suzy~ Thank you!! I appreciate your well wishes!!
CeeCi~ We're having a family night tonight since although offspring #1 is home for a week, offspring #3 has to leave for college in the a.m. so there's not much time for all six of us to be together. We're taking them out for supper tonight... and no, no big meal for me... I'll just be doing a bowl of soup.
Sally~ Thank you!!! I so appreciate the thoughts and prayers!!
Tracy~ Keep praying... I knew I could count on you for that!!
David~ thank you so much. The smoothies are gonna be my main food group, I have a feeling. LOL
Hugs to all~
Eva
Oh sweetie, the ticker will be purrfect for showing that tremendous progress... and watching it will be so much fun for all of us... you know how much I love you (I hope) and how grateful I am for your friendship and support, especially in recent months and even days. Big, huge supportive hugs from me and Dante...
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Tiggs
You know I'm sending lots of good thoughts and well wishes your way.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be there for you, but PK will take great care of you. (I'm sure Adam will too!)
This is going to be such a great start to a NEW life. A life without all the meds and pain.
I'm soooooo happy for you!!!
Extra HUGS!
grace
Well Twin, I made it home! I love your ticker. We actually have the same final goal weight and since it is you I will not be a bit jealous if you get there first, I will be right behind you!
ReplyDeleteI'll be there soon!
Love you twin!
Eva,
ReplyDeletePrayers are being said and my thoughts are so with you! This is a big hurdle, but with your positive attitude, Adam by your side, and all of us hear pulling for you, you'll make it through everything with flying colors!
I like your ticker, too. It gives me encouragement for myself.
Question: You've lost that much weight by cutting out the white carbs? That's just about my entire diet. *sigh* Which explains, amongst the sedentary lifestyle and cocktails on a daily basis, why my weight is not just tip-toeing, but leap-frogging on up the scales. Not good, not good at all. :(
I'm proud of you for going through this, in public - as it were. Many kudos to you, girl!
Please have Adam jump in and let us know how everything went!
~Mucho love and hugs!
Eva honey I have been keeping up here. I am so very proud of you and the decisions you have made to improve your health. I am excited for you. I know it will be a very dificult time for you but what rewards!!
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky to have PK coming to stay with you. She and Adam will take good care of you!
I will be praying for you!
Love,
Cassie
Eva, it's Sunday, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and warm hugs,
Paul.