Last night we went for the required pre-surgical psychiatric workshop. It was very good. Lots of laughing and excitement. At the same time we were made aware of many issues which might come up, changes that might take place, etc.I'm confident that Adam and I can handle whatever comes our way. See, much of what she talked about we've already been through so we've already discussed it. Also, our marriage is a whole different animal than what it was back then so again, I'm confident that we will handle whatever comes our way without much conflict.
It's hard to imagine that weight loss can cause problems but there's all sorts of issues. They were all covered well last night. And yup, I'm confident that Adam and I will handle whatever of these issues might arise.
I don't even want to go into the details of all that.
This post is about a statement I read there last night. Before I tell it to you though, let me refresh your memory. Remember my sister in law? The one who was the subject of my rant a few days ago when she said that I was taking the easy way out?
With that in mind, read this awesome statement:
Weight loss and weight maintenance is like digging a hole in your yard. You can dig the hole with your hands or you can dig the hole with a shovel. Either way, you still have to do the work. Using a tool makes the work manageable. Expecting weight loss surgery to do the work for you is unrealistic. It would be like expecting the shovel to get up and dig the hole for you.
Isn't that cool?
There's no easy way out of anything in life; only tools to help us manage the load.
Oh, I haven't got to the reason for the title of this post. I learned something last night that down right pissed me off. I had my PAP on June 6th. There were issues. They've been dealt with. I saw my gyno last Thursday. I asked her if I was good to go for surgery and she said yes. I then asked if she would send some things to my surgeon: A) a copy of the PAP results AND B) a statement saying it's okay to proceed.
She readily agreed.
On Monday, the surgeon's office called asking about those results. I explained that they were on the way. The surgeon's office decided just to be safe, they would call themselves and make sure things were being sent. See, without those two things my surgeon will cancel my surgery next Monday. So anyhow last night when we went to the work shop AGAIN they tell me they do not have those results.
So if you need me this morning, I'll be camped out in the gyno's office until they either A) provide me with proof that they just this very minute faxed it all or B) Give the stuff to me and I will hand deliver it to my surgeon.
They have till about 11 then things will get ugly because Adam and I have to go to my presurgical appointment at the hospital which is doing my surgery. And btw, in case any of you are wondering... Adam has a wonderful job with a terrific boss. He can take time off whenever he needs it without it affecting his pay. They know he'll put the time in elsewhere so it's never an issue. We are lucky. At the last job Adam had he was poorly paid as it was and would have been docked to make all these appts. with me. We wouldn't have been able to do it.
I'm really thankful for him and his job.
Grrrrrr!! I *hate* it when my physicians don't follow through on stuff they are supposed to do!! I'm fortunate that my main doctor is a gem and is great about following through, but some of those specialists.. well... again - grrrrrr!
ReplyDeleteYou know, things just seem to be falling into place for you to have this surgery at this time. With all the preliminary medical issues taken care of, and most importantly, the fact that your relationship is so strong now and Adam is in such a good place to support you. It all seems so right for you.
I loved the quote - maybe you should send it anonymously to your S.I.L!!
*hugs* Suzy
I loved the quote too! And, have dealt with doctor's offices that can't get their act together and get things faxed in a timely manner. Good luck, I am sure all will go well for you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
You and Adam are so tremendously blessed to have not only survived the tougher times but grown stronger and exponentially closer through the years... that he can be there with you when you need him now is hardly a coincidence, but it's wonderful just the same.
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah, and I loved the quote! Could be so aptly applied to anything difficult or tedious that we attempt to undertake... you continue to be a great inspiration, rants and all! *big grins and hugs*
Love ya,
Tiggs
Eva,
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on the surgery. I don't know what to say other than that :) - and not to let those who don't understand get to you.
Blessings,
sparkle
I can bring a tent and we can drink protein shakes while we wait!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'll bring the shot gun.
Ok, I don't really have a shot gun, but I could bring my son's bb gun. It looks kinda real.
Think it'll work?
Anyway, if it lands us in jail, I know someone that would bail us out. You might know her too. You know that girl with the weird Harry Potter obsession?
yeah, and if she can't bail us out, she can use some of her Harry Potter magic.
See how much I love you???
HUGS!
grace
Please Grace don't get her any more tangled up with the sheriff that she already is for goodness sakes. I just got the inside scoop and the law is actually after her!
ReplyDeletePK (on the hunt for bail money)
Suzy~ Do you think she'd know who sent it? LOL
ReplyDeleteKallisto~ Thanks for the vote of confidence. Last time I dealt with office employees broken promises was at my family doctor. I ended up going over 2 months without two crucial meds because they couldn't get off their duffs and fax the scripts as my insurance requires. After that episode, I find it hard to trust - not doctors - but their office employees.
Tiggs~ I thought the same thing. We are given all sorts of tools through life. Just because one chooses to use them does not mean they are taking the easy way out.
Sparkle~ I already know when I return to work there are a few who will be very critical. They have criticized and given their unasked for opinions ever since they discovered I was considering this. I'm prepared. At the psych workshop they talked about how some people for whatever reasons just don't have it in them to be supportive when it comes to this.
Grace~ Anyone would do most of the things you mentioned... but drink protein shakes with me? You are the truest of friends a girl could have!! Love you!!!
Twin~ Hope you got lots of money. I might need it!!!
Everyone~ Tune in tomorrow for the ending of the PAP results saga AND to find out why the sheriff really truly is on my tail.
Hugs~
Eva
Eva, love you girl. That is a very true quote.
ReplyDeleteUsing the tools that the universe give you, is sensible but rarely easy.
Warm hugs,
Paul.