Where in the world has the time gone? My surgery was one week ago yesterday. PK left about 3:00 yesterday afternoon. I just spoke with her on the phone. She's almost safely home. I hope to hear soon that she made it all the way safely.
Her visit was just what the doctor ordered. We talked. We laughed. We walked the pup. We went for rides. Neither of us need much to excite us so we are a perfect match. Sitting quietly talking about whatever comes into our heads is the best ever. I never had a sister. I would imagine that's not half as good as having a twin!!!
I saw my primary care doc this morning. She's quite pleased with my surgery and progress this summer. I asked her what my highest recorded weight is on her records. I'm updating the ticker with this post because I want to make a few changes. First off, the highest she has me recorded at is higher than the ticker's high and by golly, I want credit for EVERY LAST pound I lose.
Okay so I would have been mortified previously for anyone to know this weight but now that it's on the decline, I really don't care.
If anyone out there has considered this surgery can I recommend a book to you? It's called "Before and After" written by Susan Maria Leach who had surgery a few years back and has lost 143 pounds. It's her journey and also tons of recipes which she follows. You can find it here.
I highly recommend that web site. She has a recipe for vanilla custard that I made yesterday. AWESOME. I get six "meals" a day now. A meal might be 3 ounces of jello, pudding, or soup. Three ounces. That's it. Measure out three ounces of something, pour it in a bowl. Take a look. That's a meal. One item. Three ounces. Six times a day.
Wanna hear something bizarre?
It's too much.
I've only been able to squeak in 5 meals a day. Incredible for me. I'm supposed to get 48-64 ounces of water a day too. I drink nonstop and the most I've done is about 35 ounces. Unreal.
So anyhow, about that ticker.
I am changing my starting weight because there's documented proof that within the past six months it's been a bit higher than what's there. I also want to change my goal to a more realistic 160. At least for now. 150 scares me. Most will tell you that I would be entirely too thin at that weight. I'm 5'7-1/2" and VERY large boned. My surgeon's office says my normal range is 147-167. Hmmm... maybe I'll split the difference and go with 157. Yep. That's what I'm going to do. I won't change my current weight until sometime Saturday, though. You all will get bored with that if I do it too often.
The pup's growling. He wants to go for a walk, I'm sure. When Adam brought me in from the doctor's office this morning we found the pup had gotten into raw spaghetti and scattered it all over the kitchen. I had planned on a walk right then but he made me mad!!! Guess it's time. Now he's whining.
Have a great week everyone!!!!
I'm home! I made it safe and sound and boy I am happy to see Nick and Mollie but I miss my twin! There is absolute no reason for you two to live 9 hours away! Seeing you, watching you from the moment you walked in from the hospital and I still find it hard to believe you have had surgery! (but if you didn't that is one strange tattoo!)
ReplyDeleteI do understand about the meals. Watching you eye that last ounce in the little bowl as if it were a 24 ounce steak you had to consume was interesting.
I am ready to have you guys here or come back but this time I am bring Nick and maybe Mollie - at least some day!
Love ya,
PK
I am so glad that you are doing so well! I do actually understand about the 3 ounces sometimes being too much---but nice not to want more than you can have, right? Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
I 'm so glad that you are doing well.Keep up the good work. I know that your twin can't wait to see you again and is very proud of you..
ReplyDeleteEva I am so happy that the visit went so well! And that PK got back in one piece!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are getting enough to eat I have been worried that you would be hungry but it sounds like you are doing just great! I hope you continue to do so well!
Love,
Cassie
Double good news... one twin is adjusting wonderfully to her new diet and the other twin made it home safely.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are about as far apart as Coach and I were. It seems like a long distance at first, but before long it will feel closer.
Gotta run, off to concerts. Glad you're doing so well Eva!
*hugs* Suzy
You sound like your really getting better.
ReplyDeleteDon't make your guard dog mad at you I know that the pup talks to Hershey every Friday night and Hershey tells me everything hehehe
Eva, I'm proud of you and happy for you. You are amazing with your diet, 3 ounces doesn't look like much, but 64 ounces of water seems a lot.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that everything is going so well for you. I know that you can do it,
Warm hugs,
Paul.
You are off to a great start. I know you are going to do great!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Twin~ It was such a blast having you here but I did worry about you on the road by yourself. So glad you made it home safely.
ReplyDeleteKallisto~ Three ounces has never felt so enormous in all my life.
Mthc~ Thanks!!
Cassie~ Don't worry... there's no hunger here at all!!!
Suzy~ It's really not all that far so it does make for a nice visit now and then. And if we ever decided to meet half way we'll have a blast then too!!
David~ Now the dogs are in on it? Sheesh. I don't stand a chance. Hey, how are you? Praying and sending warm thoughts your way!!
Paul~ 64 ounces of water is impossible right now. Not sure how long it will be before I can do it but I'm in no hurry. I can only do what I can do.
Theresa~ Thanks!! How are you?
Wow! 3 oz? That is amazing and it is amazing that is hard and filling for you right now. I am glad you're working hard on keeping to the diet and exercise! You better or there will be lots in line to give you spankings!
ReplyDeleteCarye